Main Menu

Worksheets

Started by Skxawng, December 26, 2009, 12:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawnuyu atxen

I don't really see, why "fly" would be transitive...
If you just say: "I fly", it has a meaning, and it doesn't require anything...
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

ikngopyu

Quote from: Plumps83 on February 16, 2010, 11:49:28 AM
I agree with ikngopyu. The accusative is not allowed here since there is an adposition:

It's:
Oe tswayon hu nga (ngahu)

If it were transitive then it would mean "I will fly you" (what you would say to an ikran, perhaps) => Oel tsayon ngati

(Oe) tswayon ngahu or (Oe) ngahu tswayon

As we have this sentence there => http://wiki.learnnavi.org/index.php?title=Na'vi_from_Avatar_Movie#Jake.27s_speech :

QuoteNa'vi: tswayon set oehu
English: You fly now, with me

Hawnuyu atxen

Okay... another problem: "tsw<ay>on" means "will fly" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The verb fly is "tswon".

Sorry for that... as someone told me just now, it really is tswayon, so i lived in this misbelief 'til now...
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

jasgor9

Irayo! This helped a lot.

Swokéyan

Im not that great at Na'vi yet but i downloaded and printed these worksheets and they look pretty impressive ;D Gonna try them out soon!
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Tsamsiyu92

1.1 and 1.2 were easy, but they did really help! seriously!

Irayo.

Tsamsiyu92

The usage of Ø as (no suffix) confused me a bit, because it's a norwegian letter for a mix between o and e. lol

Other than that, "Dative and genitive" one had some english spelling error and the last example is translated wrong and will confuse. An english spelling error may be letters who have swicthed place, look over it before releasing it. And you spelt "Exercise" wrong.

1.4 looks a bit more profeessional than number 3.

But you should know that i am extremely grateful for those. A BIG IRAYO TO YOU!!!

Taronyu

Man, these really need to be edited.

Ø is used in my phonology class. I'm starting to think it's not used anywhere else like that. Damn.

Swokéyan

Lol
Maybe you should try something like ¤
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Eltusiyu

I can't download Worksheet 1.6  ???

There are great and so helpful :P Irayo

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Skxawng

Quote from: Taronyu on March 31, 2010, 08:17:52 AM
Man, these really need to be edited.

Yup, I was thinking about making another one ... but then I realized how much the old sheets need work   :P

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Thorinbur

Sorry for digging this out but this is pinned anyway. My god there are so many errors, at least in the first one. I know they are old, but at least unpin or correct them. eanru? seriously? lu yom? and topical is used there way too often. tomorow i will prepare list of all the errors in first one, maybe create corrected one. It's to late right now, but i just finished working with someone, and i was terrified with some things i found there... eanru...
oel kame futa oel kekame ke'u

Taronyu

I was wondering when this would happen. Skxawng, do we want to rewrite them?

Skxawng

Yeah its really time to fix some of this s*** up hmm

I was going to finish up a few more that I've got written and then release them as a sort of packet but I never got around to it due to "Life" or whatever.  I'll try to hit them sometime soon.  Thorinbur - your comments and input on the corrections would be VERY much appreciated here!

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Tirea Atstunwi

A really great work!!! Well-done  :D

Säfpìltu

Correct me if Im wrong here, but I read through Na'vi Grammar 1.2 - Gender, Laudative and Pejorative, which states that -an and -e can be added to any noun to specify gender, but in this thread I was told that these suffixes are not productive, so they can only be used to determine gender where it has already been specified by canon sources, and not to create male or female versions of a word... Which is correct? I tried making the word Tsahìkan, but was told that this was wrong. If this is the case, this worksheet should really be updated to avoid misleading information.

Or am I way off?
Säfpìltu te Na'rìng Meuiaeywayä'itan.

Plumps

No, you're not – by now we really have to pay attention to how old information are and at which state of our knowledge of the language learning materials were created.

I'm undecided whether this should mean old learning material should be taken off the site. I heard the opinion: Any learning material is better than none at all...

The information about -an and -e is correct. They are not productive.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

That old learning material is now old to the point though, where it is misleading. (I recently looked at some of I had printed out, and just discarded it.) And other old learning material (such as the pocket guide) has at least been depreciated.

I wish I had the time to update some of that material, or create more up-to-date material!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Säfpìltu

Are there anyone that could review and update, change or remove worksheets in order to avoid any further outdated information? I'd really like to print things out and have a more serious go, but not being sure wether or not what I'm learning is actually correct sort of puts me off a bit.
Säfpìltu te Na'rìng Meuiaeywayä'itan.

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf