61-65
7 (0.9%)
65+
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 709

Brainiac

Quote from: kerofish on December 25, 2009, 06:25:55 PM
Quote from: Seze on December 22, 2009, 09:49:04 PM
At least its better than most of my college CS classes.  Some classes it was about 80:1 male to female and 15:1 in the smaller classes...

Oh, I hate that. I was the only girl in my Visual Basic class last semester. I wish that girls would learn that hard science is okay, and that not everyone has to be a psychology major (not that I'm bashing psych, but people should branch out, darn it). And more girls should like science fiction! *grumble*

Only a few people in my age group here...I'm fifteen. Wonder who the youngest person is--and the oldest, too.
So far, I think William is one of the older ones.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Julian Julian

Motxokxen

for being quite the niche, and the whole language aspect, i am surprised we have anyone younger then 18-17 

Eywayä mokri

I was surprised by the fact that the majority was between 16 and 20. Don't know why.
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Julian Julian

There's some curious and intelligent younger teens out there, we seem to have gained their awareness too which is pretty cool.

I wish this poll was pinned so we could figure out an accurate age consensus.

Brainiac

Quote from: Julian Julian on December 27, 2009, 01:21:55 PM
There's some curious and intelligent younger teens out there, we seem to have gained their awareness too which is pretty cool.

I wish this poll was pinned so we could figure out an accurate age consensus.
As in, sticky? I'll ask  ;D

shiaru

As A mod don't you have the right to make split second decisions than can later be justified?  I mean If its useful and the users request it then you should do it. If the Admin does not like it then you can take it down later., for the moment being you are serving the users, and that should be the primary goal... either that or I used to be a horrible mod. And if you need justification look at the stats for this thread, it has a large amount of view/interest.

~Oe lu tanhì taronyu.~

Brainiac

Quote from: shiaru on December 27, 2009, 01:48:44 PM
As A mod don't you have the right to make split second decisions than can later be justified?  I mean If its useful and the users request it then you should do it. If the Admin does not like it then you can take it down later., for the moment being you are serving the users, and that should be the primary goal... either that or I used to be a horrible mod. And if you need justification look at the stats for this thread, it has a large amount of view/interest.

Yes, but society functions a lot better if you take other people into account  ;D

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on December 27, 2009, 02:43:01 PM
Quote from: shiaru on December 27, 2009, 01:48:44 PM

Yes, but society functions a lot better if you take other people into account  ;D

Rules to live by.
私は太った男だ。

Nume fpi sänume

Also surprised by the 16-20 range being the most popular...but most of the online IM conversations ive had have been with Hawkpidgeon, who is amazingly smart, and hes only 15. *shrug* I dont think it would pick up on the younger age group as much.

Ioang

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on December 27, 2009, 02:55:42 PM
Also surprised by the 16-20 range being the most popular...but most of the online IM conversations ive had have been with Hawkpidgeon, who is amazingly smart, and hes only 15. *shrug* I dont think it would pick up on the younger age group as much.

Give it a few months. After the initial excitement dies down the younger members will thin out. (Not all of them mind you.) Generaly in fandom like this the older fans tend to be more devoted and have more "staying power."

At 21 I seem to be right in the middle of the age spread. A nice place to be if I do say so myself.
Learn Na'vi's resident orc.

Ikran

At 34, I feel like an old man here  ::)

Nume fpi sänume

Quote from: Ikran on December 27, 2009, 05:16:46 PM
At 34, I feel like an old man here  ::)

1 person in the 41-45 area :P and your not alone in your bracket either.

Motxokxen

we should have a re-poll after a few months, to see f the the will be truly a shift

Julian Julian

Another poll in the near or distant future sounds like a decent idea.

Toruk Makto

Hoorah. I am the token old fart in the 46-50 group...

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Reronsem Si

Quote from: Txepyä Siyu on December 29, 2009, 12:23:41 PM

Haha, but you were alive and old enough to see all the Star Wars and watch Star Trek. So you have the one up and majority of us. Where as I am only 24, the only Star Trek's I got to see were the Next Generations. Reason why the demographic is shifting to the younger crowd is that Avatar is this generations Star Wars or Star Trek.

Toruk Makto

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you were exactly correct on that. I have had the chance to see the genre advance from the unbelievably hokey B movies where you can see the strings holding up the cereal bowl flying saucers, to the impossibly realistic effects of Avatar. What a hell of a ride. I can't wait to see what's next.  :o

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Motxokxen

Quote from: Txepyä Siyu on December 29, 2009, 12:23:41 PM
well at least you embraced technology and have stayed with times.