8 (1%)
61-65
7 (0.9%)
65+
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 709

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on July 12, 2013, 10:56:31 AM
I think it would be more valuable, to have a new demographic poll started. Perhaps for 2013-2014 holiday season to see what has changed.  And then perhaps again after Avatar II has been released to give more insight on what is driving the forum membership wise.
This.
Well, we need two polls, one for a "age demographics" and one for a "where are you from" (in the German section have already one like this ;))
The new "age demograpfics" and the "where are you from" should have a changeable polls.

What the "Where are you from" poll should contains in? All states?

BTW,
I really think this current poll is obsolete and no representative anymore since 2010/2011. I would propose to set this thread unsticky and locked, wouldn't it? :-\

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 12, 2013, 12:29:34 PM
Well, we need two polls, one for a "age demographics" and one for a "where are you from" (in the German section have already one like this ;))
The new "age demograpfics" and the "where are you from" should have a changeable polls.

What the "Where are you from" poll should contains in? All states?

BTW,
I really think this current poll is obsolete and no representative anymore since 2010/2011. I would propose to set this thread un-sticky and locked, wouldn't it? :-\
Additional polls could be valuable.  However some people may not wish to be so specific as to which US State (for example) they are from.  Maybe split the US into regions or even just time zones?  This would be most valuable for meetup planning ideas and/or starting online/TS sessions.

I agree that I would close the existing poll so that it confused nor changed (double voting) if a new poll were started.

Tìtstewan

I would use time zones so the new poll will have maximum 24 point for choose. UTC or GMT time?

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Taronyu Leleioae

I would recommend UTC since it's the official time system worldwide.
Include this link to help people.  http://www.worldtimezone.com/

However...  I wouldn't make this too complicated.  Maybe include, with each time zone, a few known cities.
IE...   UTC-5  (East Coast US, Boston, New York, Atlanta)
Use this type of format, as it's how you manually set up your computer if needed.

There is a catch though... (meaning problem).  This is written in English.  And, as you mentioned, you have polls in the German sub-forum.  I would suggest/propose that if a thread be posted in a foreign language section, that it point to the english thread simply for the poll.  I don't know if one can post multiple threads and directly point to the same poll???  This way the admins can get a better cumulative tally/results worldwide.  Rather than have members post in the German section, the Russian section, and the English section.  Hence inflating the actual number of members actively participating in such polls.

I also think the time oriented poll not only gives you a location demographic, but is most valuable for potential online session planning particularly at the next film release.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on July 12, 2013, 01:10:15 PM
I would recommend UTC since it's the official time system worldwide.
Include this link to help people.  http://www.worldtimezone.com/

However...  I wouldn't make this too complicated.  Maybe include, with each time zone, a few known cities.
IE...   UTC-5  (East Coast US, Boston, New York, Atlanta)
Use this type of format, as it's how you manually set up your computer if needed.
I also thought to use UTC and add some known cities.

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on July 12, 2013, 01:10:15 PM
There is a catch though... (meaning problem).  This is written in English.  And, as you mentioned, you have polls in the German sub-forum.  I would suggest/propose that if a thread be posted in a foreign language section, that it point to the english thread simply for the poll. I don't know if one can post multiple threads and directly point to the same poll???  This way the admins can get a better cumulative tally/results worldwide.  Rather than have members post in the German section, the Russian section, and the English section. Hence inflating the actual number of members actively participating in such polls.

I also think the time oriented poll not only gives you a location demographic, but is most valuable for potential online session planning particularly at the next film release.
Hmm.. Note that the German poll contains only the states of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. I won't post multiple polls, because we can add translation of the text. The points are universal written, that's means that it don't need a translation. We have only 18 boards with foreign languages. One big here in the Introduction should be enough and for the foreign laguagesections i would post an info thread about such a "where are you from" poll.

Please, let me post a test poll in the introduction section. This will takeing some few minutes.

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 12, 2013, 01:31:35 PM
Please, let me post a test poll in the introduction section. This will takeing some few minutes.
You might want to discuss this with Toruk Makto or another mod.  Just so they aren't confused...  ???

Tìtstewan

I posted an example. I've locked it currently.
Thoughts?

EDIT:
Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on July 12, 2013, 01:37:07 PM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 12, 2013, 01:31:35 PM
You might want to discuss this with Toruk Makto or another mod.  Just so they aren't confused...  ???
That what I posted is a "where are you from" poll just for a test and first looking. I don't think they will be confused. *hope*

EDIT 2:
Do you can test the poll voting if it changeable?

EDIT 3:
I have written a note why this thread exist. :)

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 12, 2013, 02:21:55 PM
Thoughts?
Replied.  Check your PM inbox, ma Tìtstewan!  :)

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on July 13, 2013, 02:02:13 PM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 12, 2013, 02:21:55 PM
Thoughts?
Replied.  Check your PM inbox, ma Tìtstewan!  :)
- done! Irayo!

Now it's missing only a 'correct' age demographics poll....

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 12, 2013, 12:38:36 PM
I would use time zones so the new poll will have maximum 24 point for choose. UTC or GMT time?

Just wondering: What's the practical difference between GMT and UTC  ???? Looked it up on Wikipedia and from what i can tell it's practically the same thing  :-\.

Quote from: Taronyu LeleioaeJust IMO, I think it's always good to know your "customer base".  Meaning where the active membership is from, demographic wise.  However the results are more reflective of the mix between the original members, and a mix of incoming.  Whereas, now, the active membership and interest is down.  Some waiting for the next film release.  Some, having changed interests and moved on.

I think it would be more valuable, to have a new demographic poll started.  Perhaps for 2013-2014 holiday season to see what has changed.  And then perhaps again after Avatar II has been released to give more insight on what is driving the forum membership wise.

Then you have meaningful statistics for comparison...

I know it's a little late and people here have already approved of this suggestion, but i second it as well  :).
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tìtstewan

I wondered too, but I think, I keep that (UTC) international. ;)

That with the age demographics I have to write with Markì about it, first.

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on July 16, 2013, 03:06:49 AM
Just wondering: What's the practical difference between GMT and UTC  ???? Looked it up on Wikipedia and from what i can tell it's practically the same thing  :-\.

GMT is subject to time change (daylight savings).  This would add further confusion because not all countries change time in spring and fall, nor at the same moment.  Some countries (and even a couple of US States) do not change at all.  So this would add a math game of trying to figure out how many hours ahead or behind Greenwich, UK you are.

UTC aka "zulu time" aka aviation time, does not change.  This is what the airlines actually use as does weather forecasting and your computer including the web.  Hence easier to look up and figure out where in the world you are, time zone wise...

Hence why recommending UTC.  :)

Tìtstewan

So, the Age Demographics poll is changeable now.
Thanks to Markì
:)

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 25, 2013, 03:35:18 AM
Thanks to Markì

Thank you, I adapted mine.  :)

...damn already, time's going fast...

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on July 16, 2013, 07:41:10 AM
Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on July 16, 2013, 03:06:49 AM
Just wondering: What's the practical difference between GMT and UTC  ???? Looked it up on Wikipedia and from what i can tell it's practically the same thing  :-\.

GMT is subject to time change (daylight savings).  This would add further confusion because not all countries change time in spring and fall, nor at the same moment.  Some countries (and even a couple of US States) do not change at all.  So this would add a math game of trying to figure out how many hours ahead or behind Greenwich, UK you are.

UTC aka "zulu time" aka aviation time, does not change.  This is what the airlines actually use as does weather forecasting and your computer including the web.  Hence easier to look up and figure out where in the world you are, time zone wise...

Hence why recommending UTC.  :)

Ok. Irayo for the info  :).

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 25, 2013, 03:35:18 AM
Thanks to Markì

I'm glad to hear that. A big ``irayo´´ to Markì  :). I'll go change it immediately  :).

Edit: Hmm, seems most people here are in my age group (16-20. I'm 17, by the way.). And i assume most of them are male  :-\.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on August 02, 2013, 02:25:11 AM
And i assume most of them are male  :-\.
Maybe? from the statistic center of this forum:
Male to Female Ratio:    2.3:1

(I just re-discovered this thead, especially Teylar's question)

utraltireaite

Have just posted my age; and am, as my name suggests, female.  Oh, and I live in Africa. So how many boxes do I tick???  :)

Tìtstewan

Which boxes? ??? If you mean the poll, only one.

Clarke

Quote from: Tìtstewan on September 13, 2013, 03:44:17 PM
Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on August 02, 2013, 02:25:11 AM
And i assume most of them are male  :-\.
Maybe? from the statistic center of this forum:
Male to Female Ratio:    2.3:1

(I just re-discovered this thead, especially Teylar's question)
There's a stats center? Where?