61-65
7 (0.9%)
65+
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 709

Sarkath

Quote from: sefuheron on December 29, 2009, 05:00:07 PM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on December 29, 2009, 02:14:18 PM
(except for perhaps the liberal arts majors in college, no offense but you guys definitely have it easy).
I really feel guilty going to college. Everyone is slaving away, and I personally see how rough it is for my girlfriend... and here I am just floating through as an art major. Makes me depressed honestly.

My major was a joke at the school I was going to so I switched to a state school and while the courses are better suited, it is still an easy major, for me at least.

Ftiafpi

Since I went in for structural engineering I was busy all the time and what little time out of school was eaten up with a part time job. Ahhh, so much more free time now that I'm out of college.

Julian Julian

I think an education with the liberal arts can be productive and rewarding. I think you're referring to those persons who are all over the map and merely have a general education at the end of their four years. I guess I'm defending it because I'm going to undergo a liberal arts education, but I don't think it'll be dramatically easier just because it is a liberal arts. That statement just seems too generic.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Julian Julian on December 30, 2009, 12:45:39 AM
I think an education with the liberal arts can be productive and rewarding. I think you're referring to those persons who are all over the map and merely have a general education at the end of their four years. I guess I'm defending it because I'm going to undergo a liberal arts education, but I don't think it'll be dramatically easier just because it is a liberal arts. That statement just seems too generic.

Oh, I have nothing against liberal arts majors or any degree I'm just saying that some degrees are easier than others and some degrees are harder. Not saying that liberal arts isn't a challenge and that you don't have to do work, just saying that for something like the civil engineering degree I went for there's a definite increase in workload when compared to a typical college degree.

P.S. I know, everyone loves to pick on the liberal arts majors. How about we pick on the new media majors then :P

Sarkath

Hey,

I don't like that idea of picking on Media majors...(Unless of course it includes Graphic Design majors as well).

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Ngaya Takukyu on December 30, 2009, 09:43:33 AM
Hey,

I don't like that idea of picking on Media majors...(Unless of course it includes Graphic Design majors as well).

lol, fine, I guess the only thing we can pick on is the dorm RA's :P

Sarkath

that is almost too easy to do.

Coyote

Age is a state of mind. I'm among the few in the 40+ crowd here, but inside I've always felt about... 20-something?  ;D

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Reronsem Si

Hey,

I agree with you! Stop picking on the Art majors!

My major is the ICAM (Interdisciplinary Computing and the Arts Major), major includeds:
Advanced Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Visual Arts, Computer Arts (3D, Graphic Arts), Musical Arts, Studio Production, Film Production and some popcorn.

Goodbye life, hello bankruptcy!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Unilyä Täftxuyu on December 30, 2009, 01:12:16 PM
Hey,

I agree with you! Stop picking on the Art majors!

My major is the ICAM (Interdisciplinary Computing and the Arts Major), major includeds:
Advanced Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Visual Arts, Computer Arts (3D, Graphic Arts), Musical Arts, Studio Production, Film Production and some popcorn.

Goodbye life, hello bankruptcy!

I was more joking that anything since I would love to learn more 2D and 3D computer graphics since I've picked up a little just messing around but nothing definite.

What kind of advanced math do you have to do for ICAM?

Toruk Makto

You could drop the popcorn.  :P

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Reronsem Si

Quote from: Ftiafpi on December 30, 2009, 01:20:48 PM

What kind of advanced math do you have to do for ICAM?

Nothing to serious, Calculus. Equivalent to Engineering or Science level Calc.

Quote from: Txepä Siyu on December 30, 2009, 01:23:52 PM

And pick up what? Soda and Hot Dog?

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Txepä Siyu on December 30, 2009, 01:23:52 PM

Naw, the add-drop period for popcorn has ended so you would still have to pay for it (plus then it would make a mess everywhere). :D

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Unilyä Täftxuyu on December 30, 2009, 01:35:07 PM
And pick up what? Soda and Hot Dog?

I was thinking Raman noodles. Got me through college.  ;D

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Motxokxen

Quote from: Coyote on December 30, 2009, 10:17:08 AM
Age is a state of mind. I'm among the few in the 40+ crowd here, but inside I've always felt about... 20-something?  ;D

and my 18YO acts 30,

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Suteyä Hawnuyu

Quote from: Julian Julian on December 22, 2009, 09:49:51 PM
So throw in a good looking vampire and the females will flock in ;)

Kidding. It's too early to judge, but I had a hunch that a majority of the members would be between 21-25. Just around that area, and I was anticipating some surprises from thirty and above.

Or a good looking werewolf!
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

Brainiac

Quote from: Suteyä Hawnuyu on January 21, 2010, 11:21:12 AM
Quote from: Julian Julian on December 22, 2009, 09:49:51 PM
So throw in a good looking vampire and the females will flock in ;)

Kidding. It's too early to judge, but I had a hunch that a majority of the members would be between 21-25. Just around that area, and I was anticipating some surprises from thirty and above.

Or a good looking werewolf!
Oh god, that guy again.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Ftiafpi

AH!! Vampire thread, kill it quick!

Brainiac

could I lock the thread, but still allow people to vote on the poll? hmmm...
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.