Another noob arrives

Started by Kame Ayyo’koti, February 16, 2013, 08:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kame Ayyo’koti

Hey everyone.

It's been a good while since the movie came out, but ever since seeing it I've been interested in learning Na'vi. Other life things got in the way, but it's at the point where I can hopefully get into it now. So I made this account to ask questions here, although I'll probably lurk mostly. (I intend to read as much as I can before I start asking questions.)

I've learned a little German in the past (in highschool), so I have a little experience in language learning. I know it'll take me a long while to get any good at it, but I'm ready to take it nice and easy. :P
"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte', ma EternalRain!

Just start here for learning. *click* :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Ftiafpi

Kaltxì ma 'eylan!

Welcome to the forums. By all means, lurk and study until negyä txe'lan lu teya! :) However, if I may offer, there is so much more to be gained by discussing items on the forum. Post sentences you're working on translating, try out different sentences and grammatical constructions, experiment and have fun. Learning by yourself will just wear you out and slow your progress. Plus, this way others can learn as well! Don't be afraid to make mistakes, I made tons when I first joined the forum. Here's the first sentence I ever made for example:

Solyaw Ftiafpi lu oe

And here's how it should be:

Oeru fko syaw Ftiafpi

As Norm said, "slä zene fko nivume nìtxan".

In any case, zola'u nìprrte'!

Vawmataw

Zola'u nìprrte! Welcome! :)

Don't treat you like a noob. You're a newcomer. Newcomer and noob have different meanings. ;)

Enjoy learn Na'vi here.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Kame Ayyo’koti

Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 16, 2013, 10:06:51 PM
However, if I may offer, there is so much more to be gained by discussing items on the forum. Post sentences you're working on translating, try out different sentences and grammatical constructions, experiment and have fun.

Yeah, you're right. I know that most questions have been answered already, which is why I said that. But after studying what I have so far, I can tell verbs are going to be my biggest headache, and I don't think I can avoid asking questions about them.

QuoteDon't treat you like a noob. You're a newcomer. Newcomer and noob have different meanings.

I know. I can be a bit of a smart aleck sometimes; I wasn't putting myself down. :P

And irayo for the replies! :)
"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

Taronyu Leleioae

Kaltxì ma EternalRain ulte zola'u nìprrte'!

Everything can be learned with time and patience.  Ask questions as you have them.  As Tìtstewan mentioned, the "Learn Na'vi/Beginners" forum is the best place to start and also ask questions.  Many here will quickly answer them and show you examples for you to understand.  If you have a question you would rather ask privately, you can always PM (message) another member such as a karyu as well.

Also look on the main forum under the "Media" topics "click" if you haven't already.  Here you will find the dictionaries and other great learning material to download to help you start learning. 

Nìmun, zola'u nìprrte' ne LearnNa'vi!

Stranger Come Knocking

I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Eana Tanhì

Kaltxì ma EternalRain :D
You came to an awesome place :)
I hope you'll have a good time here.

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Alyara Arati

Kaltxì and zola'u nìprrte'.  Hello, and welcome. :)
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.