Kaltxì, sì irayo

Started by HawkPidgeon, December 21, 2009, 01:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisnij

Quote from: HawkPidgeon on December 21, 2009, 01:59:32 AM
Fay'u aungia-ri sìltsan lu.
These omens are good.

Perhaps "... leiu", indicating a positive attitude?  Though maybe that's redundant with sìltsan.
Wé cildra biddaþ þé, éalá láréow, þæt þú taéce ús sprecan rihte, forþám ungelaérede wé sindon, and gewæmmodlíce we sprecaþ.

matthewmartin

Quote from: HawkPidgeon on December 21, 2009, 02:20:10 AM
Maybe we should have a "Local Meetups" section in the forum, or something similar.

Next in person Meetup for Na'vi Language is Feb 1, 2010 in Washington, DC.

http://www.meetup.com/Toki-Pona-Etc/calendar/12125996/

I encourage others to set up Na'vi meetups in their localities.

HawkPidgeon

Quote from: wisnij on December 21, 2009, 12:16:23 PM
Quote from: HawkPidgeon on December 21, 2009, 01:59:32 AM
Fay'u aungia-ri sìltsan lu.
These omens are good.

Perhaps "... leiu", indicating a positive attitude?  Though maybe that's redundant with sìltsan.

Great idea, but you might be right about the redundancy... Idunno though. Guess we'll know in time.

Quote from: matthewmartin on December 21, 2009, 01:18:00 PM
Maybe we should have a "Local Meetups" section in the forum, or something similar.

I would try to set up a meetup, but I don't think anyone in this forum even lives anywhere near Washington (state)...
Fìtsenge lu Eywayä kelku, sì fìtsenge lor lu. | Oel oeti kameie fa ngeyä menari.

Sarkath

Quote from: matthewmartin on December 21, 2009, 01:18:00 PM

Six and a half hour drive for me. I was just down in D.C. not too long ago for the Gov't Video Expo.  They had Panasonic there with their new 3D with an exclusive trailer for Avatar!

Eyamsiyu

It's just going to be so great in a few years (probably a decade at least) when there will be an Avatar International Convention.  That would be awesome!

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

HawkPidgeon

A decade? Less, if it becomes big. However, I can't exactly see a convention happening unless there are more movies or spinoffs. I'm really hoping there aren't any sequels or anything. I'd be okay with a prequel. You know, something to show what happened at first contact, how they came up with the idea of using avatars, how the school came to be. That would be interesting.
Fìtsenge lu Eywayä kelku, sì fìtsenge lor lu. | Oel oeti kameie fa ngeyä menari.

Chuan

I'll spread the word of this site, unfortunately I'm in NZ so no meetings for me :(
You guys should get Paul Frommer to come look here, or is he already a member? He stated in some interviews that he would love the language to expand!

Brainiac

Quote from: Chuan on December 22, 2009, 02:15:31 AM
I'll spread the word of this site, unfortunately I'm in NZ so no meetings for me :(
You guys should get Paul Frommer to come look here, or is he already a member? He stated in some interviews that he would love the language to expand!

Seconded! somebody get him over here!
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Eywayä mokri

I think this would be great to work with the one who built that language. :)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

Quote from: Chuan on December 22, 2009, 02:15:31 AM

That would be amazing!! totally will perfect our learning and make us feel sure about what we're doing.
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

Eyamsiyu

Just sent an e-mail.  Hopefully it will appeal well to him and, in the end, will help us all out.

;)

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Brainiac

He sounds like a smart, sympathetic guy.
Let's hope he shows up here. We all have a lot to learn :)

Na'Vi Dunce

Kaltxì, I am very new here. For the past several days I've been collecting resources on how to speak this language. And even after all that, I stil struggle to even compose a sentence. My name's Chris.

Txur’Itan

Kaltxì,
  Nawm Na'vi si na'rìng nang!

Do you think there would be a market for a Na'vi Keyboard?   ???  ;D  ;)

In all seriousness, I am starting to gather poetic patterns in my head.

I think I might do some Na'vi haiku...

私は太った男だ。

Brainiac

Quote from: vidvamp01 on December 23, 2009, 02:44:54 AM
Kaltxì,

Go ahead, we have a poetry thread, and somebody already made a haiku,
so it shouldn't be a real problem.
creativity is always welcome.

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

Quote from: Brainiac on December 23, 2009, 03:05:41 AM
Kaltxì,

woah. I always liked poetry and will check that thread out. But I dunno if I'll post... poetry is deep and difficult. :/
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

JW

Hi all,
I'm in Vancouver, Washington, just signed up and trying to learn. The hard part so far is not being able to tell if I'm really pronouncing it correctly. I'm still wrapping my mind around the IPA symbols, and listening to excerpts of the language from an interview with Paul Frommer.

I'm 45, and I have studied German, Spanish, Russian, Gaelic, and French, but am only fluent in English. I love the sound of Na'Vi and liked the culture/spirituality of the people.

Brainiac

Quote from: Lahea Ayunilyä Taronyu on December 23, 2009, 07:23:22 AM
Quote from: Brainiac on December 23, 2009, 03:05:41 AM
Kaltxì,

woah. I always liked poetry and will check that thread out. But I dunno if I'll post... poetry is deep and difficult. :/
We certainly won't scold you for trying. or anyone, for that matter.
If they do scold you for trying, we get to be mean to them  ;D

Eyamsiyu

It's been said about poetry before on this thread: generally, there are NO rules when writing poetry.  Granted, certain forms of poetry do, but for our purposes especially, there are none. 

Besides, the only poetry I hear routinely that actually rhymes are in songs on my iPod.  ;D

Just be bold about it, don't take crap from anyone, and if someone gives constructive criticism, don't take it badly and instead take it as a chance to learn.

Eyamsiyu

... IDK if he's on here yet... but if he isn't, I know a friend of mine who goes to USC... I could ask a favor of her, maybe, and maybe get her to have him call me personally, and we could set something up.  However, it may just happen on it's own, so I don't know what to do about that.