Oe new plltxe nìNa'vi.

Started by Txantslusam, June 08, 2014, 07:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txantslusam

Is that title correct? Oh dear, I'm in over my head.

Kaltxì! My name is Sophie, and I'm super excited to learn this beautiful language! Though jumping into it without knowing what to learn in what order is frightening. Any advice? Anyway it's very nice to meet you all!

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì! Welcome!
Great to see a new member who want to learn this awesome language. :D

As for the title, there is only a very very small note:
Oe new pivlltxe nìNa'vi.
Because new is a modal verb, which controls plltxe, so plltxe should have the infix -iv-. :)

You could check out some sticky threads in the beginners section. And feel free to ask if you have questions. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Wllìm

Kaltxì ma Txantslusam! Zola'u nìprrte'! :)

Being quite new myself, I would like to recommend Memrise if you want to learn more vocabulary. It's a system where you learn new words quickly by repetition :)

Kame Ayyo’koti

Zola'u nìprrte' ma mipa tsmuk!

The amount of stuff around here can be intimidating. But don't be frightened! If you dig around enough you'll find what you need. :)

The beginner's section is full of good information, definitely look through there first, especially the sticky threads. I also suggest looking through the Learning Resources and Projects sections. That's where you'll find a lot of the resources and tools to help you. I recommend you look at everything and try lots of things, and go with what works for you.

And most importantly: Take your time. Learning a language is like training to run a marathon: You shouldn't try to make yourself run 10-miles on your first try! You've gotta work up to it slowly. So read read read and ask ask ask!, and take it one day at a time. Focus on having fun more than anything. :)
"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

Blue Elf

Quote from: Txantslusam on June 08, 2014, 07:32:57 AM
Is that title correct? Oh dear, I'm in over my head.

Kaltxì! My name is Sophie, and I'm super excited to learn this beautiful language! Though jumping into it without knowing what to learn in what order is frightening. Any advice? Anyway it's very nice to meet you all!
Zola'u nìprrte' - welcome!
It's great that new people still come here.
How to start? Get the dictionary and learn some words (there was list of frequently used words somewhere in beginner's section, I think it was even sticky) and read something about grammar (you can try Na'vi in a Nutshell - it's not current, but it is still good for start).
Then try to create simple sentences and publish here - experienced people help you.
Also you can try Le'eylan's prezi lessons in the Learning resources subboard. There's also conversation thread for beginners - so just step in.
Good luck!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)