Greetings!

Started by Atey, January 26, 2012, 04:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atey

hello!
I just would like to say hello. I'm from Poland, I'm 35 (well, OK - birthday in March, but... whatever ;) ). I'm a programmer, ordinary guy. Nothin' special.
Anyway. I've seen this movie 5 days ago, never seen it before. I've seen some trailers of course but... I've just looked at them without any emotions. Then some comments about this move came from the internet - "It's a Pocahontas!" or "There is nothing but 3d fx". Some days ago my friend gave me the disc. Bang. After 30 minutes I was unable to move. I ate whole movie :D. It's amazing. The people - nice to each other (I miss it so much at our World), the world - full of colors, fresh, full of mysteries, amazing places, music - great ethnic.
I've found this site by accident. I've been wondering if someone tries to use the movie as a base to learn the language. I've typed some words at google and... I'm here ;)
I'm here to learn. My cup is empty. Teach me, please.

best wishes
ps. I know my English is not perfect... but I'll do my best to be at least understandable ;)

Tirea Aean

Yes!! We here can all relate to that in some way or another. czesc and welcome to the forums! :D ;D

Kamean

Kaltxì ma Amey ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)

Check beginners stuff here and here - useful tips. Enjoy!
And be free ask all you need.

Eywa ngahu. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Alyara Arati

Kaltxì and Welcome. :D  I was in your shoes last Christmas, just seeing the movie for the first time, and I must tell you that it is amazing how quickly one can learn Na'vi. :)  I wish you the best of luck!
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Stranger Come Knocking

HI! :D Welcome to the forum! *gives plate of welcome cookies*
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Atey

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 26, 2012, 04:26:50 PM
czesc and welcome to the forums! :D ;D

whoa you know czesc (or "cześć" in fact) :) OK in my native [click it] : Cześć, witam wszystkich.

thank you for your warm words. see you around :)

best regards

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Amey on January 26, 2012, 04:56:48 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 26, 2012, 04:26:50 PM
czesc and welcome to the forums! :D ;D

whoa you know czesc (or "cześć" in fact) :) OK in my native [click it] : Cześć, witam wszystkich.

thank you for your warm words. see you around :)

best regards

Yes, I knew it was cześć but at the time, I was on a mobile device that did not have ś or ć on the keyboard. A long time ago, I learned a few Polish phrases from a Polish member here. I remember witam, cześć and dzien dobry ;D

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Blue Elf

It's unbelievable that still there are people who haven't seen Avatar yet :) Well, I've personally seen it first time a year after release....
So welcome here and be sucessfull in learning :) Do not hesitate to ask for help, many great and helpful people are here
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tsmuktengan

Welcome to Learn Na'vi!

We mostly all have the same attraction for several aspects of the film including what you describe,  and want to be as opened and welcoming. 

Feel free to participate where you want and ask questions.  We'll be happy to share.