Greetings and Salutations

Started by Mudd., May 19, 2011, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudd.

Why hello there,
My names Elizabeth {but you can call me Mudd}. I'm 16 {going to be 17 in June}, lover of animals and books, a spaz at heart as well as someone how enjoys watching SciFi movies. Mostly stuff like Stargate SG1, Startrack, Starwars and ect. I'm also a furry at heart, artist of all sorts of doodles {but my Photoshop program took a dump a few weeks ago, T-T}.

I just stumbled upon this website trying to translate what a friend of mine posted in Na'vi on another website I am a part of. But while trying to translate Na'vi to English, it seems there are none . . .  at lest none that I can find. She said "Sunu nìtxan oer ayfa'li sì ayyerìk!", and I have no idea what she said.  xD

Oh, and I saw Avatar the day it came out, and ever since then I've wanted to learn Na'vi. Even if it's me only being able to read it and that's all. Yet, I never knew about this place. So, here I am,  hoping to learn a thing or two.

SO HELLO!

'Itan Atxur

Kaltxi ma tsmuke (hello sister)! Welcome to the friendliest forum on the planet! I wish i could translate that for you but i cant :(

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Alyara Arati

Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu nìprrte! :D

She said, "I like direhorses and hexapedes very much!"

Good luck with learning.  Have fun!  Perhaps soon you and your friend can speak together in Na'vi. :)
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Vawm tsamsiyu

I like those same shows Especially the stargate series.(especially sgu)
It's real fun to listen to the na'vi lines and understand it  ;)
they killed the [you] tag

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

DJ Makto

Kaltxí! You have come to the right place to Learn Na'vi (no pun intended). ;)

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

hello there.
ngati kameie
good luck learning the language. it's a lot of fun.
Eywa ngahu frakrr
Nivume Na'vit, fpivìl nìNa'vi, kivame na Na'vi.....
oer fko syaw tswusayona tsamsiyu

Mudd.

Quote from: Alyara Arati on May 19, 2011, 11:02:24 PM
Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu nìprrte! :D

She said, "I like direhorses and hexapedes very much!"

Good luck with learning.  Have fun!  Perhaps soon you and your friend can speak together in Na'vi. :)
Thank you very much for telling me  ^^
I hope soo.

And thank you everyone else for the warm welcome.  ^^

Kamean

Kaltxì ma Mudd ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)
At first I advise you come to this stuff and read this language studying tips. If you want pick language easier, it's only one way - try to speak. And don't be afraid of errors and ask all that you don't understand. Everyone here will be glad to help you.
Eywa ngahu. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

bommel

Kaltxì and welcome to the forum! :)

Ni'awtu Nantang

Kaltxi ma Mudd ulte zola'eiu niprrte'!

I resently joined as well. The language isn't all Jake sulley made it out to be (diffficulty wise) but it is a lot to remember. I advise you to set out something for the day to learn, then later write sentences on it. It's helping me a lot. Though I'm still only doing verbs, tensing and mood.

Mudd.

Quote from: Kamean on May 20, 2011, 01:46:26 PM
Kaltxì ma Mudd ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)
At first I advise you come to this stuff and read this language studying tips. If you want pick language easier, it's only one way - try to speak. And don't be afraid of errors and ask all that you don't understand. Everyone here will be glad to help you.
Eywa ngahu. :D
Oh, thank you so much.   =D
I've been trying to pronounce a lot of the words from the James Careron's Avatar 'An Activist Survival Guide' that I got for my birthday last year.
I'm not 100% sure how some of the 'sounds' for the letters work yet. But I'm trying, hoping I'm not saying something bad in another langue besides Na'vi.    lol.

Quote from: Ni'awtu Nantang on May 20, 2011, 04:13:50 PM
Kaltxi ma Mudd ulte zola'eiu niprrte'!

I resently joined as well. The language isn't all Jake sulley made it out to be (diffficulty wise) but it is a lot to remember. I advise you to set out something for the day to learn, then later write sentences on it. It's helping me a lot. Though I'm still only doing verbs, tensing and mood.
That's a pretty good idea. I might do something like that when I get a chance to write/type and print a lot of the basic stuff down for myself to take with me.

Kamean

Ma Mudd, listen this Karyu Pawl's speech, it helps you pronounce difficult Na'vi sounds, as kx, px, tx and ì. :)

Mudd.

Quote from: Kamean on May 20, 2011, 04:28:30 PM
Ma Mudd, listen this Karyu Pawl's speech, it helps you pronounce difficult Na'vi sounds, as kx, px, tx and ì. :)
Wow, the langue sounds so much more beautiful spoken so clearly like that.  =D
Thank you for showing me this.  ^^

Kamean