Hello!

Started by Kiera, August 07, 2015, 10:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiera

Involvement with the Fandom: I'm incredibly new to the Learn Na'vi Forums but I'm not new to the Avatar Fandom. I watched Avatar with my family the week after it first was released. After watching the film I became obsessed with Avatar/Pandora (and dealt "Avatar Depression" ;p). I joined AF and then Tree of Souls after it was created. I haven't been active on the TOS forums for some time however I'm fairly active in the IRC when I have time. 

About Myself: I'm 26 years old and a couple of math class away from a degree in Computer Science (I'm terrible at Math xD). I'm minoring in History as its been other one of my interests in life. I love studying Eastern European/Russian/19th&20th Century Military History. I have a fascination with researching the effects of Communism in the Soviet Union. I love programming and computer troubleshooting. I'm currently working at the Kroger Layton Dairy & Bakery as an IT Intern. I love playing Video Games in my spare time and I've currently been playing Splatoon on the Wii U as its been incredibly addictive for reasons I don't understand yet ;p

First Avatar Meetup: I registered on learn Na'vi shortly before the Avatar Meetup this year to be able to see information regarding the meetup and thought I would introduce myself. This years meetup was the first one that I've been able to attend. Financial reasons along with a marriage from hell prevented me from being able to go in the past (/a long boring story). I was really glad that I was able to go the the meetup this year. Everyone was incredibly welcoming and inclusive.

New to the Language: I have almost zero knowledge of the Na'vi language. However I had a lot of fun during the Na'vi language lesson the last day of the meetup.
Quote from: RotobullNa'vi soul within [a] human body
Quote from: MacklemoreThe only time I felt like I was talking to God was in my Walkman walking with Nas

Tìlu

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ma Ballju!
I'm glad to hear that you had fun at one of the meetups! :D

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: ballju on August 07, 2015, 10:37:11 PM
Involvement with the Fandom: I'm incredibly new to the Learn Na'vi Forums but I'm not new to the Avatar Fandom. I watched Avatar with my family the week after it first was released. After watching the film I became obsessed with Avatar/Pandora (and dealt "Avatar Depression" ;p). I joined AF and then Tree of Souls after it was created. I haven't been active on the TOS forums for some time however I'm fairly active in the IRC when I have time. 

About Myself: I'm 26 years old and a couple of math class away from a degree in Computer Science (I'm terrible at Math xD). I'm minoring in History as its been other one of my interests in life. I love studying Eastern European/Russian/19th&20th Century Military History. I have a fascination with researching the effects of Communism in the Soviet Union. I love programming and computer troubleshooting. I'm currently working at the Kroger Layton Dairy & Bakery as an IT Intern. I love playing Video Games in my spare time and I've currently been playing Splatoon on the Wii U as its been incredibly addictive for reasons I don't understand yet ;p

First Avatar Meetup: I registered on learn Na'vi shortly before the Avatar Meetup this year to be able to see information regarding the meetup and thought I would introduce myself. This years meetup was the first one that I've been able to attend. Financial reasons along with a marriage from hell prevented me from being able to go in the past (/a long boring story). I was really glad that I was able to go the the meetup this year. Everyone was incredibly welcoming and inclusive.

New to the Language: I have almost zero knowledge of the Na'vi language. However I had a lot of fun during the Na'vi language lesson the last day of the meetup.

Welcome! :)
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Vawmataw

So you're about to enter into the world of the Na'vi culture.
Welcome to LearnNa'vi, ballju! I hope you will progress and have fun with us!

You will find smukan and smuke - brothers and sisters - in this community, including you.
The language is still growing and you can participate in this process.

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tirea Aean

Kaltxì ma ballju!  I remember seeing you on IRC! :D

Welcome to the LN Forums! :)  Have a look around and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I'm pursuing BS CompSci myself.  Joining the Navy here soon and will finish that degree while enlisted.

Several of us here are skilled concerning the language, but many here are still either starting out or building upon their learning. 

Toliman

Kaltxì ma ballju!   :)  Zola'u nìprrte' !

Rotobull cz

Welcome to the forum full of people with Na'vi soul within human body (as I like to say). :)
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte ma ballju :) !
Feel free to post your questions here.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Dreamlight

Hello, and welcome.  Have a cup of tea and make yourself comfy.  You're among friends here.   ;D
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Wllìm

Kaltxì ma ballju!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu, nìprrte'! :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Kiera

Sorry about not responding in timely fashion. A couple of things came up and I wanted to respond to all of the amazing welcoming messages.

Quote from: Tìlu on August 07, 2015, 10:42:20 PM
Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ma Ballju!
I'm glad to hear that you had fun at one of the meetups! :D
Thanks, it was a lot of fun :3. Thanks for welcoming me in Na'vi with the translation. I now know one phrase that I didn't know before :3

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on August 07, 2015, 10:48:17 PM
Welcome! :)
Thanks. Nice to meet you.

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 07, 2015, 11:35:19 PM
Kaltxì ma ballju!  I remember seeing you on IRC! Welcome to the LN Forums! :)  Have a look around and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I'm pursuing BS CompSci myself.  Joining the Navy here soon and will finish that degree while enlisted.
Several of us here are skilled concerning the language, but many here are still either starting out or building upon their learning. 
Thanks! Five years on I'm still pleasantly surprised by the welcoming caring nature of the fandom. Look forward to learning more about the language/culture :)

Quote from: Vawmataw on August 07, 2015, 11:13:55 PM
So you're about to enter into the world of the Na'vi culture.
Welcome to LearnNa'vi, ballju! I hope you will progress and have fun with us!
You will find smukan and smuke - brothers and sisters - in this community, including you.
The language is still growing and you can participate in this process.
Thanks for welcoming me and for your advise on how to hit the ground running.

Quote from: Toliman on August 08, 2015, 01:53:58 PM
Kaltxì ma ballju!   :)  Zola'u nìprrte' !
irayo!

Quote from: Rotobull cz on August 08, 2015, 02:35:29 PM
Welcome to the forum full of people with Na'vi soul within human body (as I like to say). :)
Hmm I haven't thought of Avatar in that way before ... I love it. Mind if I use it with attribution?

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on August 08, 2015, 04:55:45 PM
Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte ma ballju :) !
Feel free to post your questions here.
Thanks. As time passes I'm sure I'll have plenty ; p

Quote from: Dreamlight on August 08, 2015, 05:17:30 PM
Hello, and welcome.  Have a cup of tea and make yourself comfy.  You're among friends here.   ;D
Thanks. I'm always amazed by the how welcoming the fandom is, its been a rather unique and awesome experience.

Quote from: Wllìm on August 09, 2015, 03:57:50 AM
Kaltxì ma ballju!
Welcome to the forum! :)
irayo!

Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 09, 2015, 04:20:47 AM
Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu, nìprrte'! :D
irayo!
Quote from: MacklemoreThe only time I felt like I was talking to God was in my Walkman walking with Nas

Rotobull cz

Don't mind at all. :)
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte', ma oeyä 'eylan Ballju!

I had the pleasure of spending over a week with Ballju at this year's AvatarMeet, and he rode with me (along with FTU) from Reno to the Denver area.

I can also report he is pretty sharp with computer/IT history as well. And once he got going with someone on the subject of gaming (especially Raiden), I quickly got lost!

I had hoped that a little Na'vi would have rubbed off onto you in our travels together, but no problem. That can be easily fixed here!

In any case, a hearty welcome into the community!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Kiera

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on August 11, 2015, 03:32:53 PM
Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte', ma oeyä 'eylan Ballju!

Thanks! I've learned a lot just from the responses in Na'vi this thread.

I had the pleasure of spending over a week with Ballju at this year's AvatarMeet, and he rode with me (along with FTU) from Reno to the Denver area.

I wouldn't have not been able to go to the camping part of AvatarMeet without Tim's help. It was a really fun trip.

I can also report he is pretty sharp with computer/IT history as well. And once he got going with someone on the subject of gaming (especially Raiden), I quickly got lost!

At work I'm mostly on a computer in an IT related job. At home in my free time I'm on either the computer (programming/video games/etc) or watching a movie/tv show xD.

I had hoped that a little Na'vi would have rubbed off onto you in our travels together, but no problem. That can be easily fixed here!

It did. I learned a lot about the language during the entire trip. Learning languages has been difficult for me and requires lots learning and relearning over time.

In any case, a hearty welcome into the community!

Thanks! I look forward to learning the language and meeting new friends.

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

hello my brother ballju

welcome to the community

if you ever have any questions, the community is a kind and welcoming place.

I look forward to talking to you through-out the community.

Ttsewa Ikrantsyìp
Mega - Na'vi - Booklet - Project (One Book to Rule Them All)
Unofficial Na'vi survey
Na'vi - Sign - Language - Project

Na'vi - Language - Book - Project