Hello!

Started by Rhaitus, January 03, 2016, 11:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaitus

Greetings and Salutations everyone!

My name is Kyle and I can go by that or Rhaitus, whichever you prefer really. I am a 26 year old college student currently studying to be a history teacher. It has always been a passion of mine to delve into the cultures and societies of others, and what better way to do so then to view their past? This includes the beauty that is language as it, much like people, is an ever evolving thing with a history all its own.

Anyway, I certainly hope to get along with everyone and expand my nonexistent knowledge of the Na'vi language!

Eana Unil

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte', ma Rhaitus!

It's always a pleasure to welcome new members here to LN, especially if they wanna dive into this beautiful language :)
Maybe, for starters, you find this helpful: http://forum.learnnavi.org/beginners/fb-lm2/

Toliman

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte', ma Rhaitus  :)

Hello and welcome here  :)

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ma Rhaitus! :)

It's nice that someone come here just not only because of film but also because of culture.

As for language, in the beginners section are enough good and helpfull thread/articles.

As for culture, we know 'some' but we expect more from next movies.

Although i know something, there is only one people that can you help the most, she call herself Neytiri because she is one of the best Na'vi speaker who also know lots of culture-releted thing.
She collected all culture thing into one PDF document.

If you want more or have any questions, feel free to post them... :)

Edit: links are in spoiler
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Wllìm

Zola'u nìprrte' ma Rhaitus!  :)

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte'! :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Vawmataw

Welcome! :D
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Dreamlight

Hello, and welcome to our little madhouse.  Relax, have a cup of tea, make yourself comfy.  You're among friends here.   8)
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte', ma Rhaitus!

Welcome to the community!
As others have mentioned, we are a little shy on culture information here. If you enjoy exploring culture, and in this case, xenoculture, there is a culture and customs thread where this sort of thing is discussed. Post some interesting questions there, and get a discussion going.

There are a number of good Na'vi teachers here. A number of learning resources have been listed. If you are more linguistically oriented, you might also find the Na'vi reference grammar useful http://www.learnnavi.org/docs/horen-lenavi.pdf Its a bit long in the tooth, but not much has changed since it was last updates.

LearnNavi also hosts a site for the Dothraki and Valyrian languages you might find interesting, at www.dothraki.org Not too much cultural stuff there, but the language tools there are as close to 'official' as you will find anywhere.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Rotobull cz

Kaltxì ma Kyle. Zola'u nìprrte! :)

If there's something you can be sure about already now, it's the fact that you joined a wonderful and unique community.   :)
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.