Hello!

Started by Aka`ula, February 14, 2017, 08:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka`ula

Just last weekend I saw Avatar for the first time and I think I can actually say I have a favorite movie now!  ::)

I wanted to find more information, canon stuff, lore, but when I found out about the Na'Vi language, which I didn't realize was a constructed and fully legitimate language! I felt I wanted/needed to attempt to learn it.

I hope to be active on the forum, but right now, I am still fumbling through the resources since I have been so use to structured ways of learning other languages (aka. Old/New Books and Programs) and I personally think I should start posting when I have a better basic understanding!

(Right at this moment, I have 9 tabs open in Chrome from this website alone because I have been swapping through them haha, and if anyone could suggest anything or any direction to start, I would look into any and all advice!)

Thanks for reading my whole introduction post! ;)

Tìtstewan

Zola'u nìprrte'! :D

I guess, you already have found some nice stuff in the Beginner section (those sticky topics etc.) :)
If you have questions, feel free to ask! There are a lot of helpful people.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toliman

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ma Aka`ula :)

Lynxcat

Kaltxi! It's great to have you, new member!  :)
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Tirea Aean

Kaltxì! Zola'u nìprrte'!

Always great to see new names :D

Eana Unil

I agree :) Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ^^

Plumps

Welcome to the community, ma Aka`ula :)

Great to see new people and still fascinating to see that after all this time there are people who see the movie for the first time. Can't imagine how it must feel  :D

Atkxìn

Zola'u nìprrte' ma Aka'ula!

I am also just restarting learning after taking a very long hiatus.

May I recommend Tirea Aean's excellent lessons here as a starting point? They do not require understanding of linguistic terms, and are a txantsan starting point.

Ask questions if you get lost! Someone is always willing to help.

Aka`ula

Quote from: Atxkìn on February 15, 2017, 04:56:05 PM

May I recommend Tirea Aean's excellent lessons here as a starting point? They do not require understanding of linguistic terms, and are a txantsan starting point.

Thanks! This could go well with Na'Vi in a Nutshell to explain things.

(By the way: for the pronounciation of 'e' in an ending such as -ude, it IS pronounced ood-eh right? Not ood like in English? Just making sure)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Aka`ula on February 15, 2017, 10:41:43 PM
Quote from: Atxkìn on February 15, 2017, 04:56:05 PM

Thanks! This could go well with Na'Vi in a Nutshell to explain things.

(By the way: for the pronounciation of 'e' in an ending such as -ude, it IS pronounced ood-eh right? Not ood like in English? Just making sure)

Well, "d" does not exist in Na'vi but yes, your hunch that such a word like "tute" has two syllables is correct. TU.teh. For what letters sound like check out http://tirea.learnnavi.org/material/sounds.php :)

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)

Aka`ula

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 15, 2017, 11:07:18 PM

Well, "d" does not exist in Na'vi but yes, your hunch that such a word like "tute" has two syllables is correct. TU.teh. For what letters sound like check out http://tirea.learnnavi.org/material/sounds.php :)

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)

Thanks, that has been bothering me every time I pronounced it, but it seems I've been doing it right so far!  8)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Aka`ula on February 15, 2017, 11:15:21 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 15, 2017, 11:07:18 PM

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)

Thanks, that has been bothering me every time I pronounced it, but it seems I've been doing it right so far!  8)
Awesome!

:ikran: 8)

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)