Hello everyone!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 10, 2011, 02:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tseymsì

Hello! My name is Josh and I am 15 years old. I am soooo happy I found this place! I really want to learn the Na'vi language and find some good friends. I would like some help with translating my name into Na'vi. Either Josh, Joshua, or James.  :-\ If you can help me, i would deeply appreciate it. Anyways. Well, I'm glad to be here. If anyone has a link to a thread which can help me get started on the language, it would be awesome if you posted it. :) Once again, glad I'm here.  ;D
If I make a mistake in my Na'vi speaking or typing (or even english hehe...) Please let me know!

Kamean

Kaltxì ma Josh ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)
You should know, this is the most friendly forum in the world.
At first I advise you come to this stuff and read this language studying tips. And don't forget about downloads page. And Paul Frommer's blog - Na'viteri also is available. You can find links on LN main page. If you want pick language easier, it's only one way - try to speak. And don't be afraid of errors and ask all that you don't understand. There are people to help you when you need it, and they are all helpful, patient, and kind.
Eywa ngahu. :D   

Tìsung James in Na'vi was Tseymsì.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tseymsì

;D Thank you for that warm welcoming! I'm so excited right now. I feel like I'm starting a journey.  :D
If I make a mistake in my Na'vi speaking or typing (or even english hehe...) Please let me know!

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

kaltxì friend! good that you have come.
I'm sorry to tell you but the Na'vi language doesn't have the sounds j and sh so I dunno how "Josh" would be said in Na'vi.
anyway, here's a link to "Na'vi in a Nutshell" which is a guide for the basic rules of Na'vi grammar. also check out the Beginners section. it has plenty of material for newcomers. for vocabulary, only practicing will do, so try to write as much as you can in Na'vi. and if you run into an unknown word, there's the dictionary in Learnnavi and also Taronyu's dictionary.
good luck learning. and remember to ask questions. everybody here is friendly and glad to help. it's good that you're excited. it will help you to learn.
Eywa ngahu frakrr sì fratseng
Nivume Na'vit, fpivìl nìNa'vi, kivame na Na'vi.....
oer fko syaw tswusayona tsamsiyu

Kamean

And don't forget about downloads page. And Paul Frommer's blog - Na'viteri also is available. You can find links on LN main page. :)

Tseymsì

Yay :D It seems like everything I need is on this website! Thank you so much. :D The most big problem I think I am going to have is how to properly write down a sentence in Na'vi. But I love challenges. :) Eywa ngahu? I think that's how to say it lol And how do you do that red underline which translates? eh, nvm. I'm a newb anyways, I don't think I need it.

Alyara Arati

Well, inspired by Tseymsì, I'll take a shot at... Tsasyua, or it might look a little more "Na'vi" as Tsasyu'a.  I don't think I broke any phonetic rules there, I hope.

Anyway, kaltxì ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'!  I love your enthusiasm!  Mesmukur ayoengä tìyawr; this is a great forum and everyone here loves to help!

When you're writing there's a button with a bubble on it, that says "add word description" if you hover your mouse over it.  That's how you do this.
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Tseymsì

Irayo  ;D I did it! (googled how to say thank you in Na'vi hahaha) I'm learning already and I've been part of the Na'vi community for only 40 minutes hehe. Thanks everyone. I'm loving all the warm welcomings and help. It's very much appreciated. :)

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

Eywa ngahu is basically Eywa nga+hu[/desc.
hu is an adposition which is a special particle that can come before the word or attach to its end. so this could also be written as Eywa hu nga. the meaning is "Eywa with you". it's a kind of blessing.

*quick Na'vi lesson* ;)

Tseymsì

So I can say it as Eywa ngahu or Eywa hunga?

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

Eywa ngahu or Eywa hu nga.

Kamean

Quote from: Tseymsì on April 10, 2011, 02:58:21 PM
So I can say it as Eywa ngahu or Eywa hu nga?
If you add hu before world, it should write separately.
I forget say you, Na'vi have free word order. ;)

And I apologies for my English. It's not as good as I would have liked. :(

Stranger Come Knocking

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte, ma Josh.  Great to find a new person with some enthusiasm!  Join the rest of us crazies. ;D
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Tseymsì on April 10, 2011, 02:58:21 PM
So I can say it as Eywa ngahu or Eywa hunga?

No, it would be "Eywa hu nga" with a space before nga/you.  Apositions like hu/with come either before a word but with a space between them, or attached to the end.  (It's not so confusing as it seems at first). :D ;)

Okay, 2 people just said this while I was typing, but I did put in a short explanation about adpositions. :)
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Tseymsì

:D hehe Ok I think I got it. Eywa ngahu or Eywa hu nga. Irayo for teaching me this stuff!!!! I'm loving this! I feel like I'm in a class right now  ;D But that's a good thing. Oh, one more question (for now until I come up with another one)!!! How will I know if I am pronouncing a word correctly!?!?!  :o :'(

Deeh

Kaltxì!

Welcome (:

Hope you can learn the language, don't give up.

Eywa Ngahu
-Deeh

If I say anything wrong, please, correct me.

Eywa Ngahu (:

Tseymsì

Irayo Deeh (is that how I would say thank you in Na'vi or "Irayo ma Deeh?)
Eywa ngahu. :)

Tsu'tey

Kaltxì and Welcome in the LN Forum  ;)

Have fun here and find good new Friends und talk contacts  :D

Greetz Marco from Germany

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

Kamean

You should read "Crash course of linguistic terminology of Na'vi". With tongue positions. And start your learning with Na'vi in a Nutshell. And, there is audio examples, but I forget place of it. :-\

Tseymsì

Quote from: Tsu'tey on April 10, 2011, 03:21:41 PM
Kaltxì and Welcome in the LN Forum  ;)

Have fun here and find good new Friends und talk contacts  :D

Greetz Marco from Germany
Irayo. :)
Eywa ngahu. (sorry if me constantly saying this is getting annoying and repetitive, but that is the best way I can put it in my head. :/ sorry)