Hello everyone!

Started by tìvawm, April 09, 2011, 10:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tìvawm

Hi,

I'm very new to this intersting language. But some months before I found this page here I tried to study Qenya which was created by Tolkien. It was sad, that I had to do it on my own and therefore I stopped learning. Still I am very interested in learning foreign languages.

Now, who am I?
I am 20 years young, female, and I dunno what to tell more^^ Just ask, I swear I won't bite everyone *lol*
Er, how did it come to the idea to learn Na'vi? Well, I bought the film though I didn't watch it in cinema. Well, hope to find somebody here to help me and to make me keeping this up.^^

Ah, if there are any mistakes in my english, please let me see it. English is not my mothertongue and I didn't speak/ write it for a long time.

Have a nice day.
Lacary

Kamean

Kaltxì ma Lacary ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)
You should know, this is the most friendly forum in the world.
At first I advise you come to this stuff and read this language studying tips. If you want pick language easier, it's only one way - try to speak. And don't be afraid of errors and ask all that you don't understand. Every person on this forum helps you gladly. ;)
Eywa ngahu. :D   

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Deeh

Kaltxì

Welcome (:
Lets learn ;D

Eywa ngahu
-Deeh

If I say anything wrong, please, correct me.

Eywa Ngahu (:

tìvawm

Oh wow, you replyed so fast!^^

Well, at first thank you for your answers and yeah, just feel free to ask if you want to know anything. :)
For now I'd try to take a look on the first steps... Will take a long time I fear :D

Stranger Come Knocking

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte. :D

Don't give up; ask questions!
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Tsu'tey

Hello and Welcome !

Have many Fun and find good new Friends and have Fun at learning the Language  :)

Greetz Tsu'tey from Germany

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

Kamean

Quote from: Lacary on April 09, 2011, 11:15:45 AM
For now I'd try to take a look on the first steps... Will take a long time I fear :D
I do not think for very long. I already know the language well, although I have here only five months. ;)
And Karyu Pawl our teacher and creator of the Na'vi language regulary puts updates on his blog. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Alyara Arati

Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'!  I wish you the best of luck with learning.  Everyone here is patient and kind, and is more than happy to help you. :D
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

kaltxì ma 'eylan
QuoteWell, hope to find somebody here to help me and to make me keeping this up.^^
your wish will come true I believe. everyone here is glad to help. there are also awesome resources and threads here for learning. in addition we have "Na'vi in a Nutshell" (you can find it in here in English and here in German) which in my opinion is the best guide for basic Na'vi. and of course we have stories, songs and entire sections in Na'vi only which you can try translating.
I hope you will enjoy this language and succeed in the learning.
Eywa ngahu frakrr
Nivume Na'vit, fpivìl nìNa'vi, kivame na Na'vi.....
oer fko syaw tswusayona tsamsiyu

tìvawm

Quote from: Tswusayona Tsamsiyu on April 10, 2011, 05:55:58 AM
in addition we have "Na'vi in a Nutshell" (you can find it in here in English and here in German) which in my opinion is the best guide for basic Na'vi. and of course we have stories, songs and entire sections in Na'vi only which you can try translating.

Thank you so much! Aw I'm very curious to find everything out, can't wait^^

Eywa ngahu (was it like this?^^ I hope so *grin*)

Ikxeru

Kaltxì ma Lacary ulte zola'u niprrte!

QuoteI'm very new to this intersting language. But some months before I found this page here I tried to study Qenya which was created by Tolkien. It was sad, that I had to do it on my own and therefore I stopped learning.

Don't you never ever even think of giving up here! You will find out that tis is a very active forum with friendly and patient members.

Eywa ngahu.
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Hello ma Lacary, and welcome! :D

As other people already said, I'm convinced you'll have a great time here. We have the chance to have a very lively and nice community, which facilitates the learning of the language and makes it very fun and enriching! :)

Quote from: Lacary on April 09, 2011, 10:13:32 AMI'm very new to this intersting language. But some months before I found this page here I tried to study Qenya which was created by Tolkien. It was sad, that I had to do it on my own and therefore I stopped learning.

Oh, that's awesome. :3 Quenya is such a beautiful language! It's a pity that you stopped though. :( I can understand what you mean when you say the learning was difficult because of lack of assistance or active community. With Na'vi, the situation is very different though! ;)

Also, I have to say: YAY, another German member, I love Germans. ;D hrh

tìvawm

Kaltxì ma Ftxavanga!

Yeah, Quenya is beautiful, that was the reason I tryied to lern it on my own. I found a well prepared homepage where many hints and basics were. Even some exercises were there, thoug they stopped afert the first chapter. The biggest problem was the pronounciation. I used my german dialect and that must've sound strange to people speaking Quenya and Sindarin well.  ;D

But now and here with the Na'vi it is much easier. There is better information around the language and for beginners they try to make it as easy as possible. I really treasure this atmosphere!
I've even begun to use the first simple words into ordinary dialogues with friends and it was lot of fun. I can imagine to learn how to speak Na'vi like a professional in a few years. At least I hope so. Nobody knows what will happen in the next years and sadly you need time to learn. But in this sophisticated world - who would give something on a person learning language arts?

Ok, for now I enjoy the feeling of being a part of the Na'vi people and say Good Night to everyone. Bye Bye

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

if you try hard and learn fast you'll be able to speak like a proffesional in about half a year or less I think.
except, next year the end of the world is coming... :) ;) :D ;D :P
Nivume Na'vit, fpivìl nìNa'vi, kivame na Na'vi.....
oer fko syaw tswusayona tsamsiyu

Dalva

Kaltxi, ulte Zola`u niprrte!  :)
Quote from: Tswusayona Tsamsiyu on April 12, 2011, 03:24:52 AMnext year the end of the world is coming... :) ;) :D ;D :P
solar storm? ha i believe it would be very  to have an early warning so we can shut down our PC just before the event

bommel

Kaltxì and welcome to the forum :)

Greetings from Germany