Hi I'm a Skxawng who tries to learn Na'vi

Started by Ikran le'eylan, June 08, 2013, 04:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikran le'eylan

Hello my name is Ikran le'eylan. I just love the movie Avatar. The more I watch the movie the more I want to become a Na'vi. When Jake is learning to be leNa'vi and to Plltxe niNa'vi I want to be there and do the same. Well sadly I cant become a Na'vi of the Omaticaya clan. But I can learn the language and that is wonderful. I like to learn new languages. I have it really easy to learn new languages. but when it comes to math stuff then I'm really a big skxawng ;D ;D.
May Eywa be with you

Vawmataw

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte'! Oel ngati kameie! :)

I'm glad you like Avatar.
Here, we'll help you with pleasure to learn Na'vi language. There's NO skxawng here, you're even not one. ;) Here's a dictionnary to help you: http://dict-navi.com/en/. Visit the beginner board, to ask questions about Na'vi, to make some discussion and, of course, learn the language.

Enjoy also our forum community. Even there's a board in your language. :D

Any questions? Ask us!
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tirea Aean

OH WOW!

You had me going for a second there!

We have this member, Le'eylan, who is also Swedish. Maybe she can help you out. She's a moderator in the Svenska language forum here.

Cool!

SO, Zola'u Nìprrte', Welcome to Learn Na'vi forums. :D

You won't be a skxawng for long. Because you said you have it really easy to learn new languages, this one will be SUPER easy for you.

No gendered nouns
No verb conjugation for different persons
No irregular verb conjugations
Phonetic spelling
VERY regular rules, with few exceptions.

I find Na'vi to be much easier than any European language I have tried to learn. :D

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 08, 2013, 04:57:16 PM
No gendered nouns
Uh no.
EXCEPTIONS:
Tutan (male), tuté (female).
Tsmukan (brother), tsmuke (sister).
;)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kameyu a Kepekmì on June 08, 2013, 05:00:03 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 08, 2013, 04:57:16 PM
No gendered nouns
Uh no.
EXCEPTIONS:
Tutan (male), tuté (female).
Tsmukan (brother), tsmuke (sister).
;)

but those aren't REALLY gendered nouns. the concepts they reference have a practical gender. I meant there is NO:

le [something]
la [something]

or

der [something], die [something], das [something]

like that. where each noun has "gender" even though it doesn't have gender and must be memorised. (Na'vi doesn't have this type of gender thing which I find annoying about most Earth languages)

IF that makes any sense..

EDIT: I meant, there is NO /Grammatical/ Gender. There is only a distinction between practical gender of certain (living) things. like boy/girl, brother/sister. I don't know how to really say another way. :-\

DOUBLE EDIT: or, at least that's how I think of it. I could be /technically/ wrong, but either way, the lack of this in Na'vi makes for a HECK of a lot less memorisation. :)

Vawmataw

Thanks for your explanations. Maybe it's the first lesson of Na'vi you gave to Friendly Ikran.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Le'eylan Ikran on June 08, 2013, 04:34:49 PM
Hello my name is Le'eylan. I just love the movie Avatar. The more I watch the movie the more I want to become a Na'vi. When Jake is learning to be leNa'vi and
to Plltxe niNa'vi I want to be there and do the same. Well sadly I cant become a
Na'vi of the Omaticaya clan. But I can learn the language and that is wonderful. I like to learn new languages. I have it really easy to learn new languages. but when it comes to math stuff then I'm really a big skxawng ;D ;D.
Hello! We all are - you are on the right place :)
What is surprising (as TA already said) - another Le'eylan is here and surprisingly she's also Jenny. How funny ;D

Welcome here and have fun. And ask everything you want to know - you always get the answer. No doubts.

And if you want to have your name fully correct, use "Le'eylana ikran" (adjectives describing noun get -a- affix on the side which points to noun). Also "Ikran le'eylan" is possible and correct (in this case -a- is not necessary, if adjective starts with le-)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Kaltxì! Welcome to the LearnNavi forums! I hope you enjoy yourself here, and are able to learn this beautiful language!

Another way to 'Ikran's friend' would be like I did in my name, which means ' (all) thanator's friend' - 'Eylan Ikranä If you mean all ikrans, you would use 'Eylan Ayikranä You can get away with some things in names you can't in normal usage- the way Plumps showed you is grammatically correct, but the word le'eylan technically doesn't otherwise exist.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]