Hello, everyone!

Started by Rogue Aw, April 15, 2019, 06:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Aw

Hi, everyone! I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to Avatar. I was always a fan of James Cameron movies. When Avatar came out, I wanted to see it, but, life just kept me from seeing it. Like a few movies I wanted to see, it left the theaters before I had a chance to see it.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, a bunch of my friends were having a movie night at their house, and they asked if I saw Avatar. I said, I haven't, of course, I got the "What do you mean you never saw it!?" I said sweet, I've always wanted to see it! It mesmerized me! The next week, I bought the Extended Collector's Edition. This week, I'm waiting on a Neytiri figure to get here. It's insane how attached to this movie I am, I've watched it 3 times in the last week! I have read one fanfic in the last week as well.

I first looked on Facebook for Avatar groups, and all I found were for The Last Airbender, so, I gave up there. Started to look up the Na'vi on the internet, and found you guys!

I'm primarily wanting to learn about the Na'vi, as well as other aspects of the movie and Pandora itself. Eventually, I would like to learn Na'vi, but, with a full family schedule, it's hard to get time for projects like that.

As for other interests, I'm into watching movies, Star Wars especially, working and having fun with my Jeeps and I'm very involved with Jeep's Tread Lightly campaign with my local Jeep club (it educates conservation and to respect the outdoors and to do low impact trail riding), watch trains, as well as build various models, play a Star Wars miniature game called X-Wing, hiking and camping in the woods when I can, and hanging out on the beach with my family and dogs, LOL!

Favorite Avatar characters, of course Neytiri and Jake, but, I love Trudy, she seemed to be a fun person, spunky, and she has a good heart, shown when she refused to fire on Hometree.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming sequels, as well as having fun in this Community learning more about the Pandora moon, it's wildlife, and, of course, the Na'vi!

I guess that's it for now, looking forward to meeting everyone!
Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi.
(Do or do not, there is no try).

Eìrä

Hello and welcome on LN Community! :D
My name is Eìrä! And i'm attached of Avatar movie too! I saw it for many times!
Since i saw it for the first time, i was know that this is the best movie!
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

Toliman

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ma Rogue Fko :)

Eìrä

Quote from: Rogue Fko on April 15, 2019, 06:00:11 PM
Hi, everyone! I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to Avatar. I was always a fan of James Cameron movies. When Avatar came out, I wanted to see it, but, life just kept me from seeing it. Like a few movies I wanted to see, it left the theaters before I had a chance to see it.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, a bunch of my friends were having a movie night at their house, and they asked if I saw Avatar. I said, I haven't, of course, I got the "What do you mean you never saw it!?" I said sweet, I've always wanted to see it! It mesmerized me! The next week, I bought the Extended Collector's Edition. This week, I'm waiting on a Neytiri figure to get here. It's insane how attached to this movie I am, I've watched it 3 times in the last week! I have read one fanfic in the last week as well.

I first looked on Facebook for Avatar groups, and all I found were for The Last Airbender, so, I gave up there. Started to look up the Na'vi on the internet, and found you guys!

I'm primarily wanting to learn about the Na'vi, as well as other aspects of the movie and Pandora itself. Eventually, I would like to learn Na'vi, but, with a full family schedule, it's hard to get time for projects like that.

As for other interests, I'm into watching movies, Star Wars especially, working and having fun with my Jeeps and I'm very involved with Jeep's Tread Lightly campaign with my local Jeep club (it educates conservation and to respect the outdoors and to do low impact trail riding), watch trains, as well as build various models, play a Star Wars miniature game called X-Wing, hiking and camping in the woods when I can, and hanging out on the beach with my family and dogs, LOL!

Favorite Avatar characters, of course Neytiri and Jake, but, I love Trudy, she seemed to be a fun person, spunky, and she has a good heart, shown when she refused to fire on Hometree.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming sequels, as well as having fun in this Community learning more about the Pandora moon, it's wildlife, and, of course, the Na'vi!

I guess that's it for now, looking forward to meeting everyone!
When i camed here, for the first time, i didn't know nothing and learning Na'vi language was pretty bad! But when i meet so many people i started to learn Na'vi Language and to advance! Na'vi language is very beautiful and interesting, easy to learn! :D
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!

Rogue Aw

Thanks for the welcome! Well, looks like I messed up with my Na'vi already. My screen name was supposed to be Rogue One in Na'vi, I used a generic Na'vi translator, that was my mistake. Looking up the dictionary on Pandorapedia, 'fko' is the pronoun version of 'one', and not the number, which should be " 'aw". I guess that's my first lesson, LOL! Am I right in that there doesn't seem to be a direct translation for "Rogue"? The reasons I wanted to use Rogue One were in memory of Trudy, and it has meaning in the Star Wars Universe as well.

If I mess something up in Na'vi, please feel free to slap me in the head like Neytiri!

Is there anyway to correct the spelling of my screen name, or, am I just stuck with it? Thanks!

Eìrä

Quote from: Rogue Fko on April 16, 2019, 06:41:12 AM
Thanks for the welcome! Well, looks like I messed up with my Na'vi already. My screen name was supposed to be Rogue One in Na'vi, I used a generic Na'vi translator, that was my mistake. Looking up the dictionary on Pandorapedia, 'fko' is the pronoun version of 'one', and not the number, which should be " 'aw". I guess that's my first lesson, LOL! Am I right in that there doesn't seem to be a direct translation for "Rogue"? The reasons I wanted to use Rogue One were in memory of Trudy, and it has meaning in the Star Wars Universe as well.

If I mess something up in Na'vi, please feel free to slap me in the head like Neytiri!

Is there anyway to correct the spelling of my screen name, or, am I just stuck with it? Thanks!
This "fko" is used at "Oeru syaw fko Eìrä!" (My name is Eìrä!), Aw - 1, one (number) :D
  And srane...You can change your name!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Rogue Aw

Irayo! With "Rogue", do I keep it as the English spelling, or, would there be another spelling, based on how it sounds in Na'vi? If I do keep it, do I write it as "Rogue Aw", or "Aw Rogue"?

Lynxcat

Kaltxì! Welcome to LN!  :)
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Eìrä

Quote from: Rogue Fko on April 16, 2019, 08:11:18 AM
Irayo! With "Rogue", do I keep it as the English spelling, or, would there be another spelling, based on how it sounds in Na'vi? If I do keep it, do I write it as "Rogue Aw", or "Aw Rogue"?
I didn't founded a Na'vi word for "Rogue", and srane (yes) you can write it as "Rogue Aw" or "Aw Rogue"!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Lynxcat

Quote from: Eìrä on April 16, 2019, 08:21:58 AM
I didn't founded a Na'vi word for "Rogue", and srane (yes) you can write it as "Rogue Aw" or "Aw Rogue"!
Srane! Eìrä is good at speaking Na'vi, just like many other people here at this forum. If you ever have anymore questions about Na'vi translations, don't be afraid to ask! I am always here to help as well, though I'm not the greatest at Na'vi translations. We will try to give you the best answer. :)

Eìrä

Quote from: Lynxcat on April 16, 2019, 08:26:52 AM
Srane! Eìrä is good at speaking Na'vi, just like many other people here at this forum. If you ever have anymore questions about Na'vi translations, don't be afraid to ask! I am always here to help as well, though I'm not the greatest at Na'vi translations. We will try to give you the best answer. :)
Irayo nìtxan ma Linxcat! :D (thank you very much Linxcat! :D)
And you are good at speaking Na'vi language!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Lynxcat

Quote from: Eìrä on April 16, 2019, 08:31:47 AM
Irayo nìtxan ma Eìrä!  :D

Eìrä

Quote from: Lynxcat on April 16, 2019, 08:33:22 AM
Nìprrte' nìtxan ma Linxcat! :D
I talked with Eana Unil, yesterday and she told me that "nìprrte" is incorrect and correct is "nìprrte' "!
Nìprrte' - with pleasure (no need to thank me, it is my pleasure)! :D

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Lynxcat

Quote from: Eìrä on April 16, 2019, 08:39:54 AM
I talked with Eana Unil, yesterday and she told me that "nìprrte" is incorrect and correct is "nìprrte' "!
Oooo! I did not know that! I have been very behind in my Na'vi studies. Life has been crazy lately.  :( Irayo nìtxan for informing me!  :)

Eìrä

Quote from: Lynxcat on April 16, 2019, 08:42:07 AM
Quote from: Eìrä on April 16, 2019, 08:39:54 AM
Oooo! I did not know that! I have been very behind in my Na'vi studies. Life has been crazy lately.  :( Irayo nìtxan for informing me!  :)
;) txopu rä'ä sivi! And my life has been got crazy, but i'm trying to learn more and more Na'vi language from Eana Unil! I didn't know that too, until yesterday! :D
Nìprrte' nìtxan! ;)

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Rogue Aw

Irayo frapo! I believe that's Thank you everyone! I changed my username to reflect what I just learned, LOL!

Eìrä

Quote from: Rogue Aw on April 16, 2019, 09:40:22 AM
Irayo frapo! I believe that's Thank you everyone! I changed my username to reflect what I just learned, LOL!
Nìprrte' nìtxan! (With big pleasure!)
Correct would be "Irayo ma frapo!" [Thank you everyone!]
"Ma" is very important in Na'vi language!
For example: Kaltxì ma tsmukan - Hello brother
Ma - O (literally) and it's not translated in "Kaltxì ma tsmukan" or "Kaltxì ma eylan/ayeylan"
Eylan / ayeylan - friends (more then 2 or 4 people)
'Eylan - friend (one person)
Same with brother (tsmukan) and sister (tsmuke)!
Sister - tsmuke (more then 2, 3 or more then 4 people are smuke!
Brother - tsmukan (more then 2, 3 or more then 4 people are smukan!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Lynxcat

You are very close. As what Eìrä said, you put 'ma' before 'frapo'. You always put 'ma' before a word that means someone or before someones name. Such as 'Irayo ma eylan'
or 'Irayo ma Rogue Aw'
- I hope this helps.  :)

Eìrä

Quote from: Lynxcat on April 16, 2019, 12:24:39 PM

You are very close. As what Eìrä said, you put 'ma' before 'frapo'. You always put 'ma' before a word that means someone or before someones name. Such as 'Irayo ma eylan'
or 'Irayo ma Rogue Aw'
:D yep! You are totally right! ;)

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Lynxcat

Quote from: Eìrä on April 16, 2019, 12:27:59 PM
Quote from: Lynxcat on April 16, 2019, 12:24:39 PM

or 'Irayo ma Rogue Aw'
:D yep! You are totally right! ;)
Srane.  :)