Hey I'm new!

Started by Wokan, December 23, 2013, 08:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wokan

I've been apart of other Na'vi forums in the past and am just now getting back into this stuff.
I miss it. I love the world of Pandora and I'm currently trying to learn Na'vi.
My human name is John but I also go by Adhiguna, which I got off a Na'vi name generator  :D
I live in Indiana and there aren't a lot of Avatar fans here...
With time I'm sure I'll get back into the groove of these forums and hopefully make some new friends.
:)

Tsu'tey

Hey and welcome here! Indiana? That's cool! Here Cologne in Germany  ;)

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

Rotobull cz

Kaltxì, ma tsmuk. Oel ngati kameie. :)
Welcome.
(village near the Prague) ;)
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Kaltxì, ma Adhiguna! zolaʼu nìprrteʼ (Come pleasantly)!

Welcome to the LearnNavi forums!

What Naʼvi name generator did you use? Not that you need to change your name, but that name breaks at least two phonotactic rules (D is not an allowed letter, and g only appears as part of /ng/). If you are interested, there are a couple of more 'correct' Naʼvi name generators out there. One is here http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=1551.0 That one apparently builds names out of known words. There is another one that I could not immediately find (look in 'general projects') that generates random, but phonotactically correct syllables, such that any resulting name sounds like Naʼvi. This one can be adjusted by length and number of syllables.

Although things are a bit slow here, there are numerous people here chomping at the bit to help you learn!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Wokan

Irayo, ma 'Eylan Ayfalulukanä.
I just needed a quick Na'vi name so I looked one up on Bing :p

And thanks for the greetings everyone  :)

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' fìtseng kelutralmì atxantsan alu LearnNa'vi, ma Wokan! :D
Sìlpey oe tsnì ngar layu tì'o' fìtseng.

Eywa ngahu!
- ta Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Ftiafpi

Just popped in here to say "hello" and wish you some happy holidays, and a very merry Christmas! Welcome to the forum as well. :)

Zola'u nìprrte'!

Kiyevame Ikran

I think Karyu Paul should create a word for "merry" and "christmas"
Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random

Toruk Makto

Hmmm. We already have the generic "happy celebration" bit (Ftxozärì lrrtok ngaru).  Not to knock your idea around, but I am pretty sure that Christmas is not something the Na'vi would understand...   ;) :)

-M.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

Or this:
   Ayftxozä lefpom ayngaru nìwotx!
   Happy Holidays to you all!
;)

Christmas is an Christian celebration that mean 'originally' the birthday of Jesus. A Na'vi maybe would understand a birthday, but the 'concept' of Jesus / Christian religion...?

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toruk Makto

Differences in culture and history are something to be celebrated. I am sure the Na'vi would understand the concept, if not the theology.

Meanwhile, here on 'Rrta, Happy New Year to all!

Kiyevame Ikran

Yeah...but when I see other conlangs, they have their own words for christmas...
I know Ftxozärì lrrtok/ayftxozä lefpom can be used in any celebration
*I'm not forcing anybody to make a word for merry christmas, I'm just wondering
Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random

Toruk Makto

Human concepts without a similar analog for the Na'vi tend to end up as loan words. The terran word is rendered in Na'vi phonetics.

Kiyevame Ikran

Kamean

Kaltxì ma Kiyevame Ikran ulte zola'u nìprrte'! :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Stranger Come Knocking

I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.