Heya!~ I'm new!

Started by Ni'awtu Nantang, May 17, 2011, 09:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaya

Quote from: Reisen on May 19, 2011, 01:01:08 AM

I'm aware of the different A's. I just can't type the elongated sounding a on my computer without alt key codes. Looking them up is more or less boring.

The alt codes I use: Ä = 0196 ä=0228  Ì=0204  ì=0236 but on the forums it's way easier just to press the button.  At the far right side of all the pretty buttons that sit above the smilies there are buttons for ä and ì

Kamean

Here, in my opinion, is the best Na'vi layout. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

DJ Makto

Zola'eiu nìprrte ma 'eylan!

You have come to the best place for learning the Na'vi language!

Ikxeru

Kaltxì ma Reisen ulte zola'u nìprrte'.

This is the place to be, if you want to learn the Na'vi language. Everyone here will help you if you have questions.

Quote from: Reisen on May 19, 2011, 01:01:08 AM
An example that I hope I've been writing correctly is:

Oeyä tsmukanal nantalangit 'om tayaron. My Brother will hunt the purple/violet viperwolf. But I can only form simple sentences like that.

Tì'efumì oeyä tsnì lu eyawr

Oeyä tsmukanìl nantangit a'om tayaron.  ;)
Oe-<GEN> tsmukan-<ERG> nantang-<PAT> <ADJ>-'om t<FUT>aron.

Rutxe pivawm, txo ngaru lu sìpawm

ta Ikxeru
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Ni'awtu Nantang

Tsahey! Txo Irayo. Ngaytxoa! Oe ramal tsa!

Erm how bout that crazy chain of words haha. Well tonight and tomorrow I'm going to be focusing on learning each verb (well all that I see in the App dictionary (which should cover a lot of ground) and focus on using tenses and moods with them. So by tomorrow I should be able to say something like Oel nantangit poti tamaron. But you know... correctly haha. If you didn't notice, when I'm making my freeform, I don't try to write it the direct english translation, I move it so it is more like: Oel ikranit new. I like making the affected noun and the affecting noun stay together if not near each other as opposed to Oel new ikranit.

Well off to study more. Hopefully this major section of study improves my comprehension. I already have an idea for a day after. Multiple nouns and adjectives.

Ni'awtu Nantang

What is the difference in the infixes

<isy>
<asy>

I don't get their use.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Ni'awtu Nantang on May 19, 2011, 08:22:21 PM
What is the difference in the infixes

<ìsy>
<asy>

I don't get their use.

<asy> and <ìsy> are analogous to <ay> and <ìy>.  The only difference is that the <s> shows determination.  Compare oel tsat tspayang and oel tsat tspasyang.

Now... onward to the Beginners section (and like threads, even the Na'vi nì'aw ones if you can handle them :))... before Braniac catches us!

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Ni'awtu Nantang

Would anyone mind putting some random short sentences down for me? I want to work on my translations. Don't put the literally meaning til after I've taken my guess on the sentence. You don't have to hold back to much because I would like to possibly learn more words but I'd like you to try to make it to a point you know I can solve. Just like 4-5 sentences would be great. Nitxan Irayo

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman