Heya

Started by Amy, July 15, 2020, 01:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

I'm somewhat new to the forums. I was a member here many many years ago back in the day, and I'm back. I mainly came here because I literally don't have any friends; Everyone I knew in my life has pretty much moved on.

The reason why I'm here now is actually because I'm seeking knowledge on how to make the most realistic tail possible. Kinda like what the Na'vi have, only not blue and a bit longer. What can I say, I really love tails, and as of now, I have indeed made a very nice looking one for myself, but it does have problems, hence why I'm on a journey to find the best way of making one.

I figured I could try a cosplay forums as they'd probably be the best people to ask on this stuff, but finding one has proven impossible (At least for me it has). Right now I've been using Liquid Latex, and it does work to a point. It mostly does look like skin and feel like skin, but not quite as well as I hope. The main issue I have is when it bends and remains bent for awhile, it will crease, and those creases remain there. It's also not very smooth.

Long story short: I want to make a realistic tail for myself (Not cosplay just personal use), but I don't know enough to make one to the standards I was hoping for. Someone did bring up silicone once, though I have never used it at all, and wouldn't know how to. Like, if I did have the information, then I'd try it, but finding a place where I could ask for making realistic things like this is no easy task.

Does anyone here know enough about this or could refer me to a forums or something where I could ask this to people that do?

Sorry if I seem like a passing member that's only here for this one purpose, but honestly, I'm at a loss.

Toliman

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ma Amy :)

Hello and welcome back here!

Quote from: Amy on July 15, 2020, 01:03:46 PM
I figured I could try a cosplay forums as they'd probably be the best people to ask on this stuff, but finding one has proven impossible (At least for me it has).
We have Cosplay/Costuming section here too:
https://forum.learnnavi.org/cosplay-costuming/

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Amy

Ra! thanks for the welcome. I could scope that subforums out, though is it still active?

Toliman

Yeah

You're welcome :)

archaic

Welcome back! Good luck with the tail, feel free to share anything you find here, I know there's folks here who would love to see!

:D  :D

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Amy

Hey thanks for the welcome. And yeah, I'll definitly post some images and go over how I made it when it's all done. When I was in the Discord group, I found out others were almost as/just as passionate about tails as I am. I honestly always thought I was the only one. I dunno, they're the coolest thing ever. I'll probably give the Discord group another shot at some point. I've been dealing with friendship trouble lately, which I've finally got over, so I have not been great with interactions. It's all good, though.

But I'll make a topic in the cosplay section when my projects is done.

Toliman

Quote from: Amy on July 20, 2020, 08:15:27 AM
But I'll make a topic in the cosplay section when my projects is done.
Okay, we will look forward it :) Good luck with your project!

archaic

^ this, deffo this ^
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Amy

Sorry to reply to my own introduction topic, but could I post my tail project in the General Projects section?

As it's more of a passion project than a cosplay, I figured that would be much more suitable. Either that or if there's an art section, because tails are literal pieces of art :P

Toliman

I am not sure but I would say that Cosplay/Costuming section would be better - General project section contains rather Na'vi language related projects :)

Amy

Okay I'll do that then.

Toliman