Howdy!

Started by MonocleO.Q, December 26, 2009, 11:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonocleO.Q

Kaltxi,

I'm Mark, or Monocle, or whatever, really, haven't quite gotten far enough to get a rough translation of my name, so I suppose that's my first goal. But anyhow! I'm 17 and basically love foreign languages, and now xeno-languages!! I've been studying Japanese for 4 years and Irish Gaelic for almost one now. I think I have a pretty good grasp on the pronunciation of Na'vi and I hope to be able to speak it as fluently as I can. I will admit that I find myself notorious for dropping out of internet forums after a few months, but I'm confident that I can stay with this one because I have a goal I want to reach. I'm from Lansing, MI and there's not much to do over here except learn weird languages! I think the most difficult part for me will be all of the linguistic terms. But anyhow, I'm excited to get going and meet all of you out there!
rey yol ulte lu fpom.

shiaru

kaltxì lertu, za'u nume Na'vi.
~Oe lu tanhì taronyu.~

MonocleO.Q

Irayo! Oe f<ay>mi

Thanks! I will try.

Hiyìk...dunno if I put the tense in the correct spot. It sounds right when I say it.
rey yol ulte lu fpom.

tute nuereime

either there or as fm<ay>i
kaltxì peng oeru fra'uya niNa'Vi

MonocleO.Q

Irayo. I was wondering if it mattered. But I was reading the handy dandy pocket guide and it sounds like fm<ay>i would make more sense if 'fm' is the whole consonant?
rey yol ulte lu fpom.

tute nuereime

There are two positions for infixes: after the consonant (onset) of the penultimate syllable, and after the consonant of the final syllable. Because many Na‟vi verbs have two syllables, these commonly occur on the first and last syllable, as in the examples below. In monosyllabic words like lu "be" and tsun "can", they both appear after the initial consonant, keeping their relative order, as in tsolängun [ts‹ol›‹äng›un] "was able to (ugh!)".
so if fm is considered "the consonant" then that would be right

MonocleO.Q

Yeah, that's what I read. Thanks :]
rey yol ulte lu fpom.

Étienne

tute nuereime

kaltxi ma Étienne. kempe si nga pawm?