It's been a while

Started by SkyFox, December 29, 2016, 11:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyFox

:)
I first registered here not long after the movie came out, made a few posts, and then sort of forgot about it. Now, I'm seven years older, a university linguistics/anthropology student, so I decided I'd come back. How many active users are around?

I remember some one mentioning to me that the Avatar movie made no lasting impact on popular culture, which I sadly have to agree. I'm hoping that the next few movies will shore up more of a lasting community. I really enjoyed the first movie when I first saw it, so I'm hoping the next few movies will be excellent as well.

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Tìtstewan

Quote from: SkyFox on December 29, 2016, 11:39:14 PMHow many active users are around?
102 members were online in the past 20 days. :)

And welcome back! :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Plumps

Though I don't remember you specifically, welcome back ;)

Quote from: SkyFox on December 29, 2016, 11:39:14 PMI remember some one mentioning to me that the Avatar movie made no lasting impact on popular culture, which I sadly have to agree. I'm hoping that the next few movies will shore up more of a lasting community. I really enjoyed the first movie when I first saw it, so I'm hoping the next few movies will be excellent as well.

Well, we are still here, aren't we? ;) I don't know of another single movie that has this kind of following. If that isn't lasting, I don't know what is.

What do you want to see as a "lasting impact on popular culture"? I think the references are quite recognisable – hard to miss blue cat-like aliens ;)

Or do you mean impact on the way of thinking of people concerning the environment? It's all there, if you look deep enough. Enjoy exploring the world of Pandora again.

archaic

Quote from: SkyFox on December 29, 2016, 11:39:14 PM
I remember some one mentioning to me that the Avatar movie made no lasting impact on popular culture, which I sadly have to agree.
Avatar is kinda there in the background, gone but not forgotten.
I know several folks in RL who didn't watch it in theaters who've watched it since and kinda wish they'd had the big screen 3D experience. I guess at least half would probably go see it if it was re released in the run up to Avatar2. And, while a few fans have sadly passed now, most of those who saw it back in the day, would likely go see it again if they could - including me.

Plus, don't forget Walt Disney World Resort's big new attraction for 2017 is Pandora, The World of Avatar.
The teasers look pretty amazing.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.