Kaltxi ma 'eylan

Started by Numeyu92, October 24, 2013, 06:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numeyu92

Kaltxi ma 'eylan. Oeru syaw Numeyu. Oe zola'u ftu ohio.

I'm using an iPad sorry about accents missing. Is anyone still on the forums? I'm looking for a group that would like to practice na'vi on Skype through text or audio my skype name is Dru R. Badertscher. We can just use mic and practice through chat as well
Formerly known as Ni'awtu92. I ' am now known as Numeyu92 since it represents my personality.

Taronyu Leleioae

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte', ma Nìawtu92!

Indeed there are a number of active members here on the forums even though we are between films.  
We have a beginner sub-forum that would be a great place to start if you haven't seen it already.  The direct link is http://forum.learnnavi.org/beginners/.

There unfortunately isn't an active Skype session in the US at the moment.  For direct conversations, some of the haryu (teachers - plural) will use Skype.  There is also the privately hosted TeamSpeak server that has conversations from time to time.  In the beginner's section, you will also find a collection of links to read and download to help you begin to learn the language.  Reading Na'vi in a Nutshell is popular, however the edition is a little out of date at the moment, and it is under revision for release mid 2014.  However it is still a good guide for basics, and there is also many other threads and topics available to read up on.

Feel free to ask questions as you have them.  There are many learning threads (and places to ask) in the beginner's section that may well have the answers you look for.

Hopefully we'll have active session in the US again soon that will work for your time zone and schedule!

ta TL

Tìtstewan

Welcome back!

If you want audio file or just listening some audio examples, take a look at the Audio board. ;)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Numeyu92

thank you as far as skype I would be willing to host u.s skype chats every once in awhile if anyone is interested let me know. I have taken a look at the many forums, but feel that I need more conversation and vocabulary practice. I think the learn na'vi app dictionary should have correct pronunciation audio of all the words. Also how can I participate more just with my laptop and mobile devices, I want to learn. I can't travel right now and want to get more immersed into the na'vi language and culture.
Formerly known as Ni'awtu92. I ' am now known as Numeyu92 since it represents my personality.

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Niawtu92 on October 24, 2013, 09:43:22 PM
thank you as far as skype I would be willing to host u.s skype chats every once in awhile if anyone is interested let me know. I have taken a look at the many forums, but feel that I need more conversation and vocabulary practice. I think the learn na'vi app dictionary should have correct pronunciation audio of all the words. Also how can I participate more just with my laptop and mobile devices, I want to learn. I can't travel right now and want to get more immersed into the na'vi language and culture.

The app dictionary would become huge if it had all the voice files.  That said, I would go to Memrise and sign up for the full dictionary course.  That has currently... maybe 20%? of the pronunciations and growing.  It's being done in batches between a couple of people and new audio clips are being added as they go along.  "All Na'vi Vocabulary".  I would also recommend doing the short "Na'vi adpositions" course to get adpositions out of the way.  There is a downloadable (tablet) version of Memrise that's been released.  Not sure the details for the iPad.  Mine is android.  Admittedly the Memrise isn't organized into topics.  But keep going with it.  It really helps.

Another dictionary that's a bit different but has some different useful features, is the "dict-Na'vi" dictionary.

Tìtstewan is right with the audio board.  There have been a number of members posting audio and spoken material there...

Numeyu92

thank you taronyu leleioae memrise will most certainly help was what i was looking for

Tirea Aean

I would be glad to chat with you on Skype. My name is tireaaean

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I am happy to do some one-on-one Skype as well, especially if you are west coast, or like late night sessions.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tirea Aean

Hey `Eylan, we're actually on TeamSpeak right now if you wanna hang out. :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

If I had been available then, I would have set up teamspeak and tried to join you!

I need to work with set times, planned a day or more in advance, as I have a very chaotic schedule. Plus, I have only one computer that does Skype well, and that moves constantly between home and work. (or do you know how to get Skype working on X86_64 Linux?)

Teamspeak, I might have better luck with that here at home. I installed it once, but never used it. It went away when I built this computer about a year ago.

Yawey ngahu!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 25, 2013, 03:02:59 AM
If I had been available then, I would have set up teamspeak and tried to join you!

I need to work with set times, planned a day or more in advance, as I have a very chaotic schedule. Plus, I have only one computer that does Skype well, and that moves constantly between home and work. (or do you know how to get Skype working on X86_64 Linux?)

Teamspeak, I might have better luck with that here at home. I installed it once, but never used it. It went away when I built this computer about a year ago.

Both Skype and TS work on Linux. That's how I've used them for years now. :)

Numeyu92

You can find me at memrise under the name Numeyu92  ;)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 25, 2013, 03:04:59 AM
Both Skype and TS work on Linux. That's how I've used them for years now. :)

Ultxa oe, nìteng (kefyak?) äo <<32 bit Linux>> I have even done skype calls as part of convention IMAG setups with my Linux laptop. But on my new machine, I could not install Skype without installing a bunch of dated 32 bit library files I could not easily find. If you know how to get around this, I would really like to know!

Yawey ngahu!