Kaltxi...

Started by Seykxeltirea, February 27, 2011, 08:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seykxeltirea

Kaltxi ftu Michigan. I'm another beginner who's interested in learning about the population on Pandora and the language they speak. At first I wasn't confident about learning from a forum, but then I noticed that there's a project called the Neytiri Project that allows people to sign up for a teacher like Jake and Neytiri in the movie. I'll start off solo and if I need help I'll sign up in the Neytiri Project. It sounds like a plan to me.  :D

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

kaltxì and welcome
oel ngati kameie ma 'eylan
you will enjoy it in here
Eywa ngahu frakrr sì fratseng :)
Nivume Na'vit, fpivìl nìNa'vi, kivame na Na'vi.....
oer fko syaw tswusayona tsamsiyu

Alyara Arati

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte!  (Hello and welcome!) :)

This is a great forum and a great place to learn about the Na'vi people and language.  I hope you do very well and really enjoy it here. :D
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Seykxeltirea

Irayo. Nikeftxo, Oe can't get ne fra single hour trr ha itll munge tengkrr for oe ne complete lì'fya slä oe have patience. It'll tìng oe something ne si pehrr I'm bored.

(I tried my best to translate those sentences. If they're wrong please, give me advice.)

bommel

Kaltxì and welcome to the forum! :)

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Seykxeltirea on February 28, 2011, 12:22:59 PM
Irayo. Nikeftxo, Oe can't get ne fra single hour trr ha itll munge tengkrr for oe ne complete lì'fya slä oe have patience. It'll tìng oe something ne si pehrr I'm bored.

(I tried my best to translate those sentences. If they're wrong please, give me advice.)
well, I did not understand the first sentence but I understood what you tried to say in the second one.
these are the mistakes that I can tell you about in your current level. I won't explain the gramatical things.

first of all, ne means to in the sense of towards, in the direction of something so you can't use it like this.
si is an auxiliary verb that can't come alone. instead, it turns certein nouns into verbs. it doesn't literally mean do. for that use the word kem si (you can see the si here. it turns kem (action) into the verb do).
finally, pehrr is when of a question (when will you return?). the when you want to use is the temporal which is in the sense of I will go when I finish my work (not in question). here it can be replaced with as soon as or the moment that.

hope this helps

Seykxeltirea

It's natural for a beginner like myself to make mistakes and I will gladly take advice from the more experienced. Thank you for your help.  ;D

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

kaltxì! oel ngati kameie, ma tsmuke. zola'u nìprrte, oel sìlpey ngati nì'o' krr fìtsenge. ;)
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Seykxeltirea on February 28, 2011, 12:22:59 PM

My advice:

Quote from: wm.annisTranslate the meaning, not the words!

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

that totally confuses me, ma Sxkxawng ??? I mean, I understand what you are saying, but translating the meaning is pretty much the same as translating the words; you have to translate the words to understand the meaning.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on February 28, 2011, 08:54:39 PM
that totally confuses me, ma Sxkxawng ??? I mean, I understand what you are saying, but translating the meaning is pretty much the same as translating the words; you have to translate the words to understand the meaning.

sigh

you cannot learn to see :P

its exactly what it says though, translate the meaning, not the words.i don't know how to explain it to a tawtute XD :P
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

I know a lot more of Na'vi than I think you think I know. I may still be a beginner, I'm most certainly not a tawtute, ma tsmukan. translating the meaning is basically the same thing as translating the words; it's more of just knowing exactly what it says without having to translate each and every word.

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

I am saying this more to help Seykxeltirea and give him some advice, but it's for you too ma Neyn'ite.

the saying "translate the meaning, not the words" says that you shouldn't translate a sentence word by word but its overall meaning.
translating word by word doesn't always work.
for example zola'u nìprrte'. if you translate it word by word you get have come pleasantly when the true meaning is welcome.

Seykxeltirea

There's a lot of confusion for a tawtute like me, but I'll try to understand.  :-\

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

confusion about what?

Seykxeltirea

Wait...I didn't read your last post close enough. I understand what your saying now. I'm such a sk'awn in the early morning.  ::)

skxawng, ma Seyk ;)

I know, ma Tswusayona. that's why I said it's easier to just know the meaning of the sentence instead of every word translated.

Kamean

Kaltxì ma Seykxeltirea. :)
Quote from: Neyn'ite Ateyo on March 01, 2011, 07:21:35 AM
I know, ma Tswusayona. that's why I said it's easier to just know the meaning of the sentence instead of every word translated.
Yes. As Prrton say: You should translate meanings, no words. ;)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

ah, srane, that's what I thought ;) I didn't understand at first. :D