Kaltxì.

Started by Smaoe, June 28, 2011, 11:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 04:51:56 PM
So the sentence is formed the same way as American English? I can't tell you how difficult it is for me to pronounce the consonants too.  :o

most of the time, no, but it is POSSIBLE to have English word order. we actually like to be nonconformists with English so to stay as far away from it as possible, increasing the purpose of learning an alternate language that is as different as possible.

I love you --> nga yawne lu oer [[you beloved be (to)me]]

is an example of how Na'vi and English have differences in sentence formation.

surely if you look around in beginners forum you can find loads of great posts, and dont be afraid to check out that pivängko nìna'vi ko (for beginners) thread. looking at how Kemaweyan, Sireayä Mokri and some of them make their sentences, you'll get a better feel for it. :)

Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 04:30:01 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 04:27:50 PM
Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 04:25:02 PM
Irayo, I find it hard to tam tam 'efu ye when I'm this excited about learning the language, but I will surely attempt to. Tì'eylan is a great thing to have when it comes to learning a language because you can seek tìfyawìntxu when it's needed. I tìyawn tì'eylan tì'eylan yawne lu oeru because of that and the company.

ftfysrane. oe mllte.

Irayo, that's helped me a lot. I have difficulties understanding what the format of a sentence is in nìNa'vi. Is there a thread on it or a way that you could explain it to me?

if you wanna chat, offer still stands on MSN or Skype or whatever.

Kamean

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 04:50:44 PM
atxantsan = adorable?
Maybe I'm influenced by Russian? :-\

Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 04:51:56 PM
So the sentence is formed the same way as American English? I can't tell you how difficult it is for me to pronounce the consonants too.  :o
You may speak by English way, or different. For example: I love you -

Nga yawne lu oer.
Oer lu yawne nga.
Yawne lu oer nga.

It's all correct, but the first option is preferable, because it sounds the most beautiful.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Smaoe

QuoteYou may speak by English way, or different. For example: I love you -

Nga yawne lu oer.
Oer lu yawne nga.
Yawne lu oer nga.

It's all correct, but the first option is preferable, because it sounds the most beautiful.

Oh, tslolam. It's alright to use the American English sentence structure, but it doesn't sound as beautiful to some people. Personally I find the language to be beautiful and amazing in any format.  :D

Smaoe

Irayo ma tsmukan(s). Surely my questions have taken much of your time and I don't want to take the rest of it. You have helped me so very much. It was an meuia to meet you all.

Kamean

Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 05:22:20 PM
Irayo ma tsmukan(s). mesmuktu Surely my questions have taken much of your time and I don't want to take the rest of it. You have helped me so very much. It was an meuia to meet you all.
Oh no. It's pleasure for us to help those who really want to learn our beautiful language. :)
Kìyevame, because In my country now 1:35 AM. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 05:07:48 PM

Nga yawne lu oer.
Oer lu yawne nga.
Yawne lu oer nga.

Oh, tslolam. It's alright to use the American English sentence structure, but it doesn't sound as beautiful to some people. Personally I find the language to be beautiful and amazing in any format.  :D

Sure, it's alright...but sometimes, it is literally impossible. here is an example:

I   want to  eat
oe new  ne yom
=incorrect. it's really just: oe new yivom.

I   am running
oe lu   terul
= incorrect. it's really just: oe terul.

some things in English are just weird. and therefore do not get translated into Na'vi, and the same is true the other way around sometimes.

I personally think it's more fun exploring the free order and getting away from English. but for a beginner, it's totally fine to use English word order where it is grammatically correct.

EDIT: Wise advice: translate the meaning, not necessarily the words.

Irayo ma tsmukan(s). Surely my questions have taken much of your time and I don't want to take the rest of it. You have helped me so very much. It was an meuia to meet you all.

oh no I LOVE this stuff. oeru meuia. :) Shall the questions/answers continue in the Beginners board?

Smaoe

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 05:47:33 PM
Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 05:07:48 PM

Nga yawne lu oer.
Oer lu yawne nga.
Yawne lu oer nga.

Oh, tslolam. It's alright to use the American English sentence structure, but it doesn't sound as beautiful to some people. Personally I find the language to be beautiful and amazing in any format.  :D

Sure, it's alright...but sometimes, it is literally impossible. here is an example:

I   want to  eat
oe new  ne yom
=incorrect. it's really just: oe new yivom.

I   am running
oe lu   terul
= incorrect. it's really just: oe terul.

some things in English are just weird. and therefore do not get translated into Na'vi, and the same is true the other way around sometimes.

I personally think it's more fun exploring the free order and getting away from English. but for a beginner, it's totally fine to use English word order where it is grammatically correct.

EDIT: Wise advice: translate the meaning, not necessarily the words.

oh no I LOVE this stuff. oeru meuia. :) Shall the questions/answers continue in the Beginners board?

Srane, they will continue on the beginner board.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Kamean on June 28, 2011, 05:35:12 PM
Kìyewame, because In my country now 1:35 AM. :D

Definitely a Russian influence, as I see you confuse w and v quite often :o

Kop: Kaltxì

/lehaaaaaawngkrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

bommel

Kaltxì and welcome! :)

Smaoe

Quote from: bommel on June 29, 2011, 01:45:33 AM
Kaltxì and welcome! :)

Si irayo, for the welcome. I'd hate to end our ultxa so soon, but it's 5:21 AM where I live and I must get some rest. Hayalovay!

Syulang

Zola'u Niprrte' ma oeya eylan!

welcome to LN  ;D
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Smaoe

Quote from: Syulang on June 30, 2011, 07:44:41 PM
Niprrte' ma oeya eylan!

welcome to LN  ;D

Si irayo ma 'eylan.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Smaoe on July 01, 2011, 09:31:59 PM