Kaltxì.

Started by Smaoe, June 28, 2011, 11:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smaoe

Oel ngati kameie, tstxo oeyä lu Smaoe. I'm a new arrival to the world of Pandora. This means that I'll have to learn the Na'vi language completely and the Omaticaya customs. It's a big task, but I know that it's going to be fun. I have the Na'vi Dictionary on my iPhone to help me learn and translate some of the things on this site and the homepage should prove itself useful. The tì'o' is filling up inside me and I feel as if I'm going to explode because of it. I'm going to tawng into the language now and maybe I'll see you later on.

Kamean

Kaltxì ma tsmuke ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)
Lu oer prrte' fwa nga zola'u fìtsenge ulte new nivume lì'fyati leNa'vi. Txantsan lu fwa ngari aylì'fya eltur tìtxen si. Ha skxakep omum ngal futa lì'fyati nume a fì'uri sweya fya'o lu tskxekeng - rutxe rä'ä tswiva' tsat . Frapo fìtseng srung sivi ngaru nìprrte'. ;)

Nì'awwe oe polltxe ngaru ziva'u  fìtseng sì  fìtseng. Ulte stivavm fì Karyu Рawlä 'upxare.

Eywa ngahu. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Smaoe

Irayo 'eylan for the advice and links. A lot of the tì'o' comes from the fact that the 'Ínglìsì (I don't think I did this sentence right...) is the only one I've ever known and been able to learn. Speaking nìNa'vi will be something that I won't give up on even if it's that difficult to me.  :)

Tirea Aean

:D :D

Zola'eiu nìprrte' ma oeyä 'eylan amip! Oel ngati kameie. Enjoy your stay and learn well! I look forward to helping in any way I can.

Smaoe

Irayo, I'll be sure to ask for tìfyawìntxu if it's needed. For now I must study and enjoy as much of this wonderful language as I can as a beginner.  :)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 02:35:11 PM
Irayo, I'll be sure to ask for tìfyawìntxu if it's needed. For now I must study and enjoy as much of this wonderful language as I can as a beginner.  :)

surely! feel free to add me on Skype, MSN, or whatever you use. I love how you are already incorporating and using Na'vi vocabulary! best way to remember it is to use it!

Kamean

Unused words are quickly forgotten. ;)

Smaoe

Oh, I wouldn't leave out the Na'vi language if I knew it because it sounds too beautiful to leave out. It's true that unused words are quickly forgotten. Practice and patience are the two most important requirements in order to learn a language such as this one. I'm suprised that I remember some of these words, but it's most likely because of the unil I had last night. I don't know where this unil came from and I can't really remember all of it. I was on Pandora as an avatar and I met someone who came from the Omaticaya people. Next thing I knew I had started to learn the language. Maybe it had something to do with me being on this forum.  :-\

Alyara Arati

Txantsana unil nìngay! 8)

Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu nìprrrte'! :D

Come chat with us as soon as you feel ready. :)
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Smaoe

Tse, I won't be ready to speak nìNa'vi until I complete the basics, but when I'm ready I'll be sure to visit.  ;D

Edit:
I've made some changes to a couple of posts because I wanted to add something new that I've learned or I forgot to translate something for those who don't understand what I put.

Dreamlight

Oel ngate kameie, and welcome.  Relax, grab a cup of tea, make yourself comfy.  You're among friends.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Kamean

Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 03:38:25 PM
Oh, I wouldn't leave out the Na'vi language if I knew it because it sounds too beautiful to leave out. It's true that unused words are quickly forgotten. Practice and patience are the two most important requirements in order to learn a language such as this one. I'm suprised that I remember some of these words, but it's most likely because of the unil I had last night. I don't know where this unil came from and I can't really remember all of it. I was on Pandora as an avatar and I met someone who came from the Omaticaya people. Next thing I knew I had started to learn the language. Maybe it had something to do with me being on this forum.  :-\
Unil atxantsan! :D

Smaoe

Irayo, I find it hard to tam tam when I'm this excited about learning the language, but I will surely attempt to. Tì'eylan is a great thing to have when it comes to learning a language because you can seek tìfyawìntxu when it's needed. I tìyawn tì'eylan because of that and the company.

Edit:
Atxantsan nì'ìnglìsì slu 'upe?

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 04:25:02 PM
Irayo, I find it hard to tam tam 'efu ye when I'm this excited about learning the language, but I will surely attempt to. Tì'eylan is a great thing to have when it comes to learning a language because you can seek tìfyawìntxu when it's needed. I tìyawn tì'eylan tì'eylan yawne lu oeru because of that and the company.

ftfysrane. oe mllte.

Smaoe

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 04:27:50 PM
Irayo, I find it hard to tam tam 'efu ye when I'm this excited about learning the language, but I will surely attempt to. Tì'eylan is a great thing to have when it comes to learning a language because you can seek tìfyawìntxu when it's needed. I tìyawn tì'eylan tì'eylan yawne lu oeru because of that and the company.

ftfy,  srane. oe mllte.

Irayo, that's helped me a lot. I have difficulties understanding what the format of a sentence is in nìNa'vi. Is there a thread on it or a way that you could explain it to me?

Kamean

Cool, great, adorable. :)
Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 04:30:01 PM
Irayo, that's helped me a lot. I have difficulties understanding what the format of a sentence is in nìNa'vi. Is there a thread on it or a way that you could explain it to me?
You shoul read Na'vi in a Nutshell at first. It's on main page in "Downloads". And then, if that - it is not clear, you can ask here. :)

Smaoe

Quote from: Kamean on June 28, 2011, 04:41:10 PM
Cool, great, adorable. :)
Quote from: Smaoe on June 28, 2011, 04:30:01 PM
You shoul read Na'vi in a Nutshell at first. It's on main page in "Downloads". And then, if that - it is not clear, you can ask here. :)

Irayo ma tsmukan.

Kamean

Kea tìkin. :D

Tìsung: Na'vi has free word order. ;)

Tirea Aean

atxantsan = adorable?

I thought it meant excellent, awesome, fantastic, [insert giant list of synonyms to those here]

a-txantsan is actually txantsan, but with the -a- that is attached to adjectives which attribute to a noun. it's like an arrow pointing to the noun it's talking about.

Smaoe

So the sentence is formed the same way as American English? I can't tell you how difficult it is for me to pronounce the consonants too.  :o