Kaltxì.

Started by Rìkxa, July 04, 2011, 12:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rìkxa

Kaltxì, oeru syaw fko Rìkxa. I've finally watched the entire movie of Avatar without passing out on the couch. The reason that I always fall asleep is because the movie is so long and it ends later in the day when I'm tired. However, the movie touched me in a way that no other movie has done before and from the first words of Na'vi I heard I knew that I had to learn how to speak and type the language. The culture, language, and Na'vi are something that are so very beautiful that it takes away my breath. Neytiri is my favorite character because she's stubborn and she's a brave warrior that you can learn from. She proved that any skxawng can be cured of their insanity. I must get some sleep now because it's 1:37 AM where I am right now and there's an air show for the 4th of July that I'm going to attend tomarrow around 10:00 AM. Hayalovay!  :)
Mì ton amawey
Tengkrr kifkey hahaw
Sirea oeru lrrtok sivi
Ulte ma Eywa, oeru fpomit mivunge
Meuia livu suteru a lu oeru yawne
Sì suteru a oe foru lu yawne
Omum oel futa ngal foti vayewng
Sì foru munge ayut a kin fol
Oeru tivìng nawma tìme'emit
Mì aysäfpìl, mì aylì'u, mì hem
Fifya liveiu
Txon lefpom, ma Nawma Sa'nok

'Oma Tirea

Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu nìprrte :D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

bommel

Kaltxì and welcome to the forum :)

Rìkxa

Si irayo ma 'eylan. This forum has many people who are polite and helpful.  :)
Mì ton amawey
Tengkrr kifkey hahaw
Sirea oeru lrrtok sivi
Fifya liveiu

Kamean

Kaltxì ma tsmuke ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)

If you really want to begin studying, I advise you come to this stuff and read this language studying tips. If you want pick language easier, it's only one way - try to speak. And don't be afraid of errors and ask all that you don't understand. Everyone here will be glad to help you.

You also may listen this Karyu Pawl's speech, it helps you pronounce difficult Na'vi sounds, as kx, px, tx and ì. :)

Eywa ngahu. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Rìkxa

Quote from: Kamean on July 04, 2011, 02:13:57 PM
Kaltxì ma tsmuke ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)

If you really want to begin studying, I advise you come to this stuff and read this language studying tips. If you want pick language easier, it's only one way - try to speak. And don't be afraid of errors and ask all that you don't understand. Everyone here will be glad to help you.

You also may listen this Karyu Pawl's speech, it helps you pronounce difficult Na'vi sounds, as kx, px, tx and ì. :)

Eywa ngahu. :D

Si irayo ma Kamean. Those links will be useful.  :)
Mì ton amawey
Tengkrr kifkey hahaw
Sirea oeru lrrtok sivi
Fifya liveiu

Tirea Aean

ma RIkxa How glad I am to see more like you coming in, even now that the movie is well over a year old! :D

Zola'u nìprrte' and keep up the learning! It seems successful thus far. Enjoy your stay, ask questions in Beginners, and when you feel like it, join us in nìna'vi nì'aw and chat! we dont bite ;D

Alyara Arati

Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :D
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Rìkxa

Irayo ma 'eylan. It's a shame that I couldn't watch the whole thing from the start to finish when it first came out, but now that I saw the movie in 3D I've been obsessed and excited to learn more about the Na'vi and Pandora. It'll take a while to visit the nìNa'vi section of the forum so you might not want to expect me over there for a while. With some dedicated learning I'll get there.  :)
Mì ton amawey
Tengkrr kifkey hahaw
Sirea oeru lrrtok sivi
Fifya liveiu

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Rìkxa on July 04, 2011, 05:09:28 PM
Irayo ma 'eylan. It's a shame that I couldn't watch the whole thing from the start to finish when it first came out, but now that I saw the movie in 3D I've been obsessed and excited to learn more about the Na'vi and Pandora. It'll take a while to visit the nìNa'vi section of the forum so you might not want to expect me over there for a while. With some dedicated learning I'll get there.  :)

I believe I'll seeya there before too long ;D

Rìkxa

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 04, 2011, 05:17:19 PM
Quote from: Rìkxa on July 04, 2011, 05:09:28 PM

I believe I'll seeya there before too long ;D
It all depends on the process of learning. Will I understand the language much quicker than some of the others learning the language? I have no idea, but I hope that it won't take too long to get this language down into my head. However, I'd rather get things right than mess it up so I'm willing to take as long as I need.   ;D
Mì ton amawey
Tengkrr kifkey hahaw
Sirea oeru lrrtok sivi
Fifya liveiu

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Rìkxa on July 04, 2011, 05:33:42 PM
It all depends on the process of learning. Will I understand the language much quicker than some of the others learning the language? I have no idea, but I hope that it won't take too long to get this language down into my head. However, I'd rather get things right than mess it up so I'm willing to take as long as I need.   ;D

surely! though this language is very logical and simple, in many ways imo. (biggest things that STILL fill me with ecstatic happiness are no gendered nouns (or even articles at all!) and no personal verb conjugations) and it's fun. ;D

Rìkxa

QuoteSurely! Although this language is very logical and simple, in many ways imo. (biggest things that STILL fill me with ecstatic happiness are no gendered nouns (or even articles at all!) and no personal verb conjugations) and it's fun. ;D

It's a relief that there aren't any gendered nouns and personal verb conjugations because those are what becomes a pain in the butt. However, there's bound to be something that's considered difficult to me in this language. There's always something that gets me.  ;D
Mì ton amawey
Tengkrr kifkey hahaw
Sirea oeru lrrtok sivi
Fifya liveiu

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Rìkxa on July 04, 2011, 06:38:07 PM
QuoteSurely! Although this language is very logical and simple, in many ways imo. (biggest things that STILL fill me with ecstatic happiness are no gendered nouns (or even articles at all!) and no personal verb conjugations) and it's fun. ;D

It's a relief that there aren't any gendered nouns and personal verb conjugations because those are what becomes a pain in the butt. However, there's bound to be something that's considered difficult to me in this language. There's always something that gets me.  ;D

at first it's breaking out of the habits of English, recognizing infixed verbs, and remembering the lenition. but really, the more you use it, the better and easier it gets. :)

Rìkxa

The breaking of my English habits are going to be the worst thing out of this all. My whole life has revolved around the English language so the habits are always fresh in my mind waiting to correct me when it comes to another language.  ;D
Mì ton amawey
Tengkrr kifkey hahaw
Sirea oeru lrrtok sivi
Fifya liveiu

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Rìkxa on July 04, 2011, 10:22:30 PM
The breaking of my English habits are going to be the worst thing out of this all. My whole life has revolved around the English language so the habits are always fresh in my mind waiting to correct me when it comes to another language.  ;D

Yeah, but then after someone tells you what you are really saying and how much it actually does NOT make sense, it starts to make less and less sense in ENGLISH!! :D :D as I said, frequent usage and correction will help out with this. and really, the correction decreases with time. :)

Rìkxa

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 04, 2011, 10:39:37 PM
Quote from: Rìkxa on July 04, 2011, 10:22:30 PM
The breaking of my English habits are going to be the worst thing out of this all. My whole life has revolved around the English language so the habits are always fresh in my mind waiting to correct me when it comes to another language.  ;D

Yeah, but then after someone tells you what you are really saying and how much it actually does NOT make sense, it starts to make less and less sense in ENGLISH!! :D :D as I said, frequent usage and correction will help out with this. and really, the correction decreases with time. :)

Sometimes I wish that my native tounge wasn't English. It's too complicated when it comes to learning new languages such as this one. I find it to be stupid that English is so much different from every other language in the world.
Mì ton amawey
Tengkrr kifkey hahaw
Sirea oeru lrrtok sivi
Fifya liveiu

Tirea Aean

indeed English does things in a very strange way. youll come to find this out when you attempt to translate songs into na'vi. they end up going way over original syllable count because of making up for grammatical differences and words we dont yet have.

imo The complexity of English makes me appreciate the simplicity of Na'vi in comparison. its different but yet still makes sense and generally logical.

so this is a greeting/intro thread. are we all done here? ma Rìkxa I hope you feel welcome. :D

Rìkxa

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 05, 2011, 08:15:45 AM
indeed English does things in a very strange way. youll come to find this out when you attempt to translate songs into na'vi. they end up going way over original syllable count because of making up for grammatical differences and words we dont yet have.

imo The comexity of English makes me appreciate the simplicity of Na'vi in comparison. its different but yet still makes sense and generally logical.

so this is a greeting/intro thread. are we all done here? ma Rìkxa I hope you feel welcome. :D

Srane, ma Tirea Aean this is a section meant for first meeting someone so we should quit having our conversation. Hayalovay!
Mì ton amawey
Tengkrr kifkey hahaw
Sirea oeru lrrtok sivi
Fifya liveiu