Kaltxì

Started by Haingil, May 07, 2012, 04:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haingil

Hello everyone... My name is Alexandra but you can call me Haingil...

I'm 22 and I come from Italy.

Last days one of my friends made me know about Na'Vi language and I'm really curious about it...

^_^

Kìyevame!

Kamean

Kaltxì ma Haingil ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)

Check beginners stuff here and here - useful tips. Enjoy!
And be free ask all you need.

Eywa ngahu. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

'Onatxan te Skxawng Tìrey'itan

kaltxì, ma Haingil. Zola'u zìprrte!

I wish thee good luck in thy ventures in learning the language of the Na'vi. Eywa ngahu
Nga txo ke flä nìsngä'i, rä'ä kivä Eywa'evengne! ;)

Tsmuktengan

Kaltxì, ma Haingil, Zola'u zìprrte! :)

Nice to see a new italian person here. This isn't frequent.

There are lots of resources you can find here, including lessons, tchat rooms (Teamspeak) and there is even a European classroom for Na'vi. Feel free to participate where you want and to ask questions. ;)

What makes you so curious about the Na'vi language by the way?

Étienne

Welcome to the boards.

Haingil

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on May 08, 2012, 11:09:48 AM

There are lots of resources you can find here, including lessons, tchat rooms (Teamspeak) and there is even a European classroom for Na'vi. Feel free to participate where you want and to ask questions. ;)

Well, it's a language that someone could speak ONLY if that person is interessed in it and has the passion for Na'Vi... I mean, you cannot find someone speakin' Na'Vi language everywhere  ;D this is the cool thing...

Is like a language that only if you study for YOUR SELF with passion (even if you know that you don't need it in the real life with the other people that doesn't have the same passion, or... You cannot put in it on your CV XD) and only who has your same passion can understand you when you speak ^_^

I have to learn a lot about it... In the last days I get ALL the documentation from yours and I've just finished to learn the pronouns and the lenition (ufff, it's not so easy! O_O And what about the possession??? D8 aaargh!)

Haingil

BTW Thank you all <3  :-[

Tsmuktengan

Na'vi isn't just a language you can appropriate for yourself (Na'vi meaning "people") by learning, you can also contribute to it in a dedicated section of the forums where anonymous proposals can be done to build new words. More than just a neutral fantastic language, you can be part of it.  :)

If you want, you can participate to Ngaynume session each Tuesday and Thursday evenings if you want with other passionate people. Are you interested?

Reykoveyzä te Werufalä Haflak'ite

Quote from: Haingil on May 08, 2012, 07:38:25 PM

You cannot put in it on your CV

to be fair, you probably can  ;D i've used it several times now. it impresses people just because its so obscure - it shows prospective employers that you're clever, because you're learning a whole language just because you can.

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte, by the way!!
welcome to the eana forums!
Irayo, ma frapo, ma oeyä smuke sì ma oeyä smukan.
Vivar 'ivong Na'vi! Eywa ayngahu!

*if i make a mistake in any of my Na'vi, please correct me :)

Cmccluskey

What are the words articles like "is" and "am"?

Haingil

Quote from: Reykoveyzä te Weru'falä Haflak'ite on May 09, 2012, 03:41:52 AM

You cannot put in it on your CV

to be fair, you probably can  ;D i've used it several times now. it impresses people just because its so obscure - it shows prospective employers that you're clever, because you're learning a whole language just because you can.

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte, by the way!!
welcome to the eana forums!

I remind you that I'm from italy and, you know, here's a s*** about jobs and CVs ecc ._.

Haingil

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on May 08, 2012, 07:51:32 PM
Na'vi isn't just a language you can appropriate for yourself (Na'vi meaning "people") by learning, you can also contribute to it in a dedicated section of the forums where anonymous proposals can be done to build new words. More than just a neutral fantastic language, you can be part of it.  :)

If you want, you can participate to Ngaynume session each Tuesday and Thursday evenings if you want with other passionate people. Are you interested?

Of course I am!!! ^^ But I have to learn a lil' bit more :P

Blue Elf

Well, it's a language that someone could speak ONLY if that person is interessed in it and has the passion for Na'Vi... I mean, you cannot find someone speakin' Na'Vi language everywhere  ;D this is the cool thing...

Is like a language that only if you study for YOUR SELF with passion (even if you know that you don't need it in the real life with the other people that doesn't have the same passion, or... You cannot put in it on your CV XD) and only who has your same passion can understand you when you speak ^_^

I have to learn a lot about it... In the last days I get ALL the documentation from yours and I've just finished to learn the pronouns and the lenition (ufff, it's not so easy! O_O And what about the possession??? D8 aaargh!)
Welcome here, Haingil!
My reason for loving this language is, that is has limited vocabulary and some special rules, so if you want say something, you often must change - rephrase original sentence. So it makes you to think different way - and it can be useful in real life too!
To get some basics, look at Le'eylan's prezzi lessons - it help you to get some vocabulary and common grammar rules. And don't afraid to come to Ngaynume - we learn by creating sentences, it could be useful for you
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Haingil

Quote from: Blue Elf on May 12, 2012, 02:08:59 PM

Welcome here, Haingil!
My reason for loving this language is, that is has limited vocabulary and some special rules, so if you want say something, you often must change - rephrase original sentence. So it makes you to think different way - and it can be useful in real life too!
To get some basics, look at Le'eylan's prezzi lessons - it help you to get some vocabulary and common grammar rules. And don't afraid to come to Ngaynume - we learn by creating sentences, it could be useful for you

Thankyou very much  ;D

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Haingil on May 12, 2012, 01:48:33 PM
Quote from: Tsmuktengan on May 08, 2012, 07:51:32 PM

Of course I am!!! ^^ But I have to learn a lil' bit more :P

There is no such thing than learning by practice. You seem quite open, and and good in English. I don't see why you would not succeed in what you do, and at least in Na'vi. ;-)