Kaltxì aysmuk

Started by Tskxetxaliaong, January 06, 2012, 05:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tskxetxaliaong

Kaltxì!, Oeru syaw fko Tskxetxaliaong..... Thats kinda all i got guys... idk if its even right, what i do know is that i am very excited to learn Na'vi and im determined to get it down as fluently as a "in construction" language can be spoken!  >:( thats my favorite Na'vimote btw its totally outta context but... i love it

Kamean

Kaltxì ma Tskxetxaliaong, zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tirea Aean

aw but my fave has got to be between :D, ;D, or :P

Welcome! :D (I definitely use this one a lot)

Tskxetxaliaong

Does this -
zola'eiu nìprrte'
- mean "welcome"? what does it mean litterally?

and to Tirea, Those are definatly useful i just like the idea of a tiny blue furball hissing in anger ! sooooo cute hahhahahh

bommel

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tskxetxaliaong on January 07, 2012, 04:57:12 PM
Does this -
zola'eiu nìprrte'
- mean "welcome"? what does it mean litterally?

and to Tirea, Those are definatly useful i just like the idea of a tiny blue furball hissing in anger ! sooooo cute hahhahahh

Zola'u nìprrte': phrase. welcome (from za'u: come, and nìprrte': pleasurably, with pleasure)

zola'eiu nìprrte' ==
c<:D>ame pleasurably

Blue furball hissing in anger ??? ??? :-\

Tskxetxaliaong

z<ol>a'<ei>u nìprrte'
I get it now, thats sooooooo cool! Irayo!

does "yoda speak" work nìNa'vi like
Oe lu ohakx
I be/am hungry
Ohakx oe lu
Hungry I be/am

are they both grammatically correct? is one "more correct" than the other? I ask because in Spanish sometimes there are various ways to say things but the one that is more formal and could be used with anyone and still be considered not slang or disrespectful is deemed as being "more correct"
than other ways of saying it....

QuoteBlue furball hissing in anger Huh Huh Undecided

imeant this emote  >:( it looks like that hiss that Jake does in the movie, and Neytiri does it too when Tsu'tey tries to kill Jake's unplugged avatar. you see what i mean? i guess it could also be a roar....

Mako

Quote from: Tskxetxaliaong on January 08, 2012, 12:42:15 PM
z<ol>a'<ei>u nìprrte'

Oe lu ohakx
I be/am hungry
Ohakx oe lu
Hungry I be/am

are they both grammatically correct? is one "more correct" than the other? I ask because in Spanish sometimes there are various ways to say things but the one that is more formal and could be used with anyone and still be considered not slang or disrespectful is deemed as being "more correct"

QuoteBlue furball hissing in anger Huh Huh Undecided

imeant this emote  >:( it looks like that hiss that Jake does in the movie, and Neytiri does it too when Tsu'tey tries to kill Jake's unplugged avatar. you see what i mean? i guess it could also be a roar....

HEY I CAN ACTUALLY ANSWER THIS! /excitement

The answer is (more or less) yes. There are certain instances where words must hold a particular order, and I'm not familiar with all of them, but for the most part there is free word order. Personally I like Oe ohakx lu or Ohakx lu oe when dealing with simple statements like that, but to each his own.

By the way, something else I just recently caught myself screwing up on, if you want to say "in Na'vi", use mìNa'vi as nìNa'vi literally means "like the Na'vi". So anyways, while I'm here, zola'u nìprrte, and I hope you have a long stay on the forums ;)

Tirea Aean

z<ol>a'<ei>u nìprrte'

Oe lu ohakx
I be/am hungry
Ohakx oe lu
Hungry I be/am

[...]

Yes. Except words ("feelings" adjectives) like ohakx, väng, ngeyn, nitram, keftxo etc. pair more commonly and more nicely with the verb 'efu:

oe 'efu ohakx,
ohakx oe 'efu,

or ANY word order of that. Many times (if the sentence is as simple as this,) the word order is completely free. However there ARE a few rules about some words must be directly next to or near others. But those rules are not really arbitrary; they just make sense.

Quote from: Reyona te Tsateka Ray'i'itan on January 08, 2012, 01:21:23 PM
By the way, something else I just recently caught myself screwing up on, if you want to say "in Na'vi", use mìNa'vi as nìNa'vi literally means "like the Na'vi".

Wrong. ;)

the verb phrase "plltxe nìNa'vi" and "nìNa'vi pängkxo" has been around since the beginning, and nìNa'vi as well as leNa'vi have always been canonized. Read The Corpus. you never see *"mìNa'vi" (for one, mì when being used before the noun is its own word, not a prefix) and two, to "speak Na'vi" *IS* to speak "like a Na'vi, or in a Na'vi way".

so you were NOT "screwing up" by saying nìNa'vi as "in Na'vi". That's always been the correct way to say it. (in the context of "speak in na'vi", "how do you say this in Na'vi?",etc.)

Lì'fya leNa'vi = The Na'vi Language
Plltxe nìNa'vi = to speak the Na'vi language

;)

(But I'll give you, ma Reyona, props for answering and being right about the word order question. :D)

EDIT: if this post comes across as being harsh or angry, I never intended that, and I apologize in advance.

Tskxetxaliaong

QuoteYes. Except words ("feelings" adjectives) like ohakx, väng, ngeyn, nitram, keftxo etc. pair more commonly and more nicely with the verb 'efu:

oe 'efu ohakx,
ohakx oe 'efu,

OH! I have to remember that Na'vi is more like Spanish and Portuguese than English in the fact that there are 2 type of "be"s and gender assigned to words  :-[ i keep trying to translate English direct to Na'vi

is 'ufe used for literal feeling like

tsa'u '<am>efu na-fngap
that (thing) feel(past); felt like metal

tsa'u '<am>efu fngapsutxwll
that (thing) (past)feel; felt metallic

or is there a different word for that type of literal feel?

Quotehope you have a long stay on the forums Wink

as long as it takes to learn to plltxe nìNa'vi and then help teach it to others. Klingon is going DOWN! Klingon ngeyä kxetse lu oeru!

Tirea Aean

Well, there is only two "be"s but that's lu and tok (What you are vs. Where you are, respectively) Other than that, there is no connection between Spanish and Portuguese and Na'vi: Na'vi doesnt change anything based on gender or whatever, everything is much more general.

'efu [ˈʔ·ɛ.f·u]: vtr. feel, sense, perceive

You can feel something, sense something, perceive something.

I don't know the best way to say that "X feels like a Y" but I don't think that "X 'efu na Y" is the best. Though if you were going 1:1 English-> Na'vi that's it right there.

Believe me, Klingon is MUCH more difficult and complex than Na'vi. ;)

Anyways, the idea with using 'efu instead of lu with ohakx, väng, nitram, keftxo, etc. is "I FEEL hungry/thirsty/sad/happy" instead of "I AM hungry/thirsty/sad/happy". In german, you don't say "I AM hungry" it's (usually if not always?) said as "I have hunger". Languages talk about this kind of thing in different ways. Not every lanugage is like English. ;)

(That's why
QuoteTranslate the meaning not the words
is a priceless piece of wisdom. ;))
EDIT: Not sure what a fngapsutxwll is ??? A metal-follow-plant? adj. metallic would be lefngap

DOUBLE EDIT: This thread is for warm welcomes and introductions :). How about we discuss the language more in /beginners ?

Tskxetxaliaong

QuoteThis thread is for warm welcomes and introductions Smiley. How about we discuss the language more in /beginners ?

Im on it, Irayo fpisrung :P

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tskxetxaliaong on January 08, 2012, 04:41:27 PM
QuoteThis thread is for warm welcomes and introductions Smiley. How about we discuss the language more in /beginners ?

Im on it, Irayo fpisrung :P

srungìri irayo :P

Nìprrte' :D

Mako

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 08, 2012, 02:31:32 PM
z<ol>a'<ei>u nìprrte'

Oe lu ohakx
I be/am hungry
Ohakx oe lu
Hungry I be/am

[...]

Yes. Except words ("feelings" adjectives) like ohakx, väng, ngeyn, nitram, keftxo etc. pair more commonly and more nicely with the verb 'efu:

oe 'efu ohakx,
ohakx oe 'efu,

or ANY word order of that. Many times (if the sentence is as simple as this,) the word order is completely free. However there ARE a few rules about some words must be directly next to or near others. But those rules are not really arbitrary; they just make sense.

Quote from: Reyona te Tsateka Ray'i'itan on January 08, 2012, 01:21:23 PM
By the way, something else I just recently caught myself screwing up on, if you want to say "in Na'vi", use mìNa'vi as nìNa'vi literally means "like the Na'vi".

Wrong. ;)

the verb phrase "plltxe nìNa'vi" and "nìNa'vi pängkxo" has been around since the beginning, and nìNa'vi as well as leNa'vi have always been canonized. Read The Corpus. you never see *"mìNa'vi" (for one, mì when being used before the noun is its own word, not a prefix) and two, to "speak Na'vi" *IS* to speak "like a Na'vi, or in a Na'vi way".

so you were NOT "screwing up" by saying nìNa'vi as "in Na'vi". That's always been the correct way to say it. (in the context of "speak in na'vi", "how do you say this in Na'vi?",etc.)

Lì'fya leNa'vi = The Na'vi Language
Plltxe nìNa'vi = to speak the Na'vi language

;)

(But I'll give you, ma Reyona, props for answering and being right about the word order question. :D)

EDIT: if this post comes across as being harsh or angry, I never intended that, and I apologize in advance.

Oeyä frakrr sim karyu :P And here I am, always learning :) I am pleased that I was not incorrect.

Tirea Aean

We all are learning, and every now and again i am reminded of something i have forgotten or learn something new. :-)

Stay learnin  ;)

TA ;)

Kamean

Right or wrong, is not so important, the main thing - to try. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kamean on January 09, 2012, 01:20:44 PM
Right or wrong, is not so important, the main thing - to try. :)

Most definitely. This, and while you are trying, fear not correction, but remember it that your skill may increase. :)