Kaltxi Aytsmuke sì Aystmukan~

Started by Nume zene, December 27, 2009, 02:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nume zene

I've no idea yet if I got that right at all.

Happy to be here, been studying and trying to learn things as I go since I saw the movie (only about two days ago!). It's tough, but every day is progress. Nice to meet you all, and glad to see there's a large and thriving community already!

In other news though... I wonder if I could get some help...

I recently downloaded the program called Jmemorize, but when I try to load up the file on the main Learn Na'vi website, it tells me " please select character set of the file". Which one do I pick? there must be over a hundred options down there!

If I could get a shout out about this, I'd be appreciative! Irayo!~

Eywayä mokri

Kaltxì, ma Nume zene. :)

Welcome on board. Don't hesitate to ask or hang around for help, the beginner section is made for this. ;)

I think for jmemorize, you have to select the second extension one but not sure yet.

For the title of your topic it's close to be right, but you forgot the lenition...

tsmukan ---> aytsmukan ---> smukan

Same for tsmuké. ;)

So it would have been Kaltxì smuké sì smukan. :)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Nume zene

Hmm, but I though that...wait.. Okay so It changes depending on the sentence? I thought that Ts and Ay were used to represent multiples, as in more than one? But I see that it takes out the T and just changes it to smuke and smukan.

Eywayä mokri

Well, you have to use the prefixe ay- to make a plural.

So tsmukan becomes aytsmukan. But because of the lenition that the language makes, you can't say aytsmukan. Smukan is then better. :)

Nume zene

*Makes the " The More you Know~!" sound*

Fantastic. First lesson and I've only been here a few moments. Lovely!~

Still, the second extension doesn't work for me.

Eywayä mokri

As I don't use jmemorize I can't help you more, you should ask this question in the right thread to see... :)

Glad that I helped. ;)

Eywa ngahu, ma tsmuké.

omängum fra'uti

Technically you could do aysmuke sì aysmukan, dropping the ay- is optional.  You just can't do aytsmuke, etc.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Eywayä mokri

Right,

Aysmukan and aysmuké are kind of right too.

Nume zene

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on December 27, 2009, 02:52:27 AM
Technically you could do aysmuke sì aysmukan, dropping the ay- is optional.  You just can't do aytsmuke, etc.

Ahh!~ ALso. Love your icon.

omängum fra'uti

Thanks. :)  When the board was new I found myself constantly correcting people's Na'vi, so I started calling myself the first Na'vi grammar nazi.  I needed an icon to express that.

At some point if I can get it worked in I may change it to the scene where Neytiri is smacking Jack as he's trying to pronounce "nari".
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Brainiac

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on December 27, 2009, 04:03:11 AM
Thanks. :)  When the board was new I found myself constantly correcting people's Na'vi, so I started calling myself the first Na'vi grammar nazi.  I needed an icon to express that.

At some point if I can get it worked in I may change it to the scene where Neytiri is smacking Jack as he's trying to pronounce "nari".
We should have somebody make that into a smiley!  ;D

Anyway, Kaltxì, ma Tsmuk!
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.