Kaltxì Everyone!

Started by Swoka Tsamsiyu, January 07, 2013, 10:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Tsamsiyu

I'd like to introduce myself. I've been an avid site visitor for a while now and use the tools available to enhance my knowledge of the Na'vi language. Now I'd like to take it to the next level and join the forum so I can really start learning. My name is Sjefke and I live in the Netherlands, 've been born there too but am of bi-ethnical background and have been mainly raised by Native Americans. So I have their worldview, love for our Earth Mother and so on. A very good friend called me one day and upon picking up the phone the first thing I heard was; "now I know why you always walk around bare footed" (yes, on the streets, in the shops, just about everywhere except my work. It's my way of staying connected to our Earth Mother in this concrete world, which is very important to me. You should see people's faces ;D) He went on to explain that I HAD to see this movie that had just started playing in the movie theatres. So I went and the rest is basically history. I totally loved it and since I think a lot like the Na'vi in certain respects it made me curious about the language that was spoken in the movie. And that's basically it. My forum name Tsamsiyu swok (holy warrior) is (partially) what I have as a gamertag on X-box live, and if it's in any way wrong please let me know so I can correct it. Irayo for all the help!

Vawmataw

Kameyul a Kepekftu ngati kameie

Zola'u nìprrte' ne Learn Na'vi tìpängkxotsenge, ma Tsamsiyu swok! You will have fun to learn Na'vi here. There's many people that can answer to your questions (like me).

Don't hesitate to write your first words in Na'vi in the nìNa'vi nì'aw board. We'll correct you and take care to put a translation (note that I early used the nìNa'vi nì'aw board). To search your words, I recommend the online dictionnary and the official dictionnary. For the grammar, Naviteri is the best, with the help of our out-of-date but efficient wiki.

Then, have fun here!  :)  :D

Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Kamean

Kaltxì ma Tsamsiyu swok ulte zola'u niprrte'! :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tìtstewan

Zola'u niprrte' ma Tsamsiyu swok! :)
Nice to see new Na'vis here. :D :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Stranger Come Knocking

I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Swoka Tsamsiyu

Irayo for the warm welcome, I hope to be a usefull contribution to the community. I printed the dictionairy months ago and read through it daily to get acquinted with the various words. I'm currently even making my own "cheatsheet". It is in Dutch but if it's of any use to you all I'll glady upload it to you guys! And translate it in English if need be. It was on your site I think that I found a workbook made by Dustywhite. There's flashcards in there and various exercises. I use that and recently discovered the Project Ngaynume and am using that as well. With that and your help I hope to pìvlltxe nì'Na'vi soon!

Swoka Tsamsiyu

Just wrote my first sentense in Na'vi on the nìNa'vi nì'aw and by Eywa I hope I don't look like a total skxawng... :-[

Taronyu Leleioae

Kaltxì ma Tsamsiyu swok ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'!

Welcome to LN and I look forward to reading your posts!  There is some great learning material to start with plus you have the Beginner/Intermediate/nìNa'vi nì'aw sections to post your questions and comments.  I found that Na'vi in a Nutshell (download) to be very helpful, but it is somewhat out of date.  About halfway down the forum, you'll also find the International sub-forums with in active Netherlands/Dutch area to say hello in as well.

I look forward to learning from you too including how you see and stay connected to the world...

Eywa ngahu!  :)

Swoka Tsamsiyu

Kaltxì Taronyu Leleioa,
Irayo for your kind words. And if there's something you wish to learn from me, just ask. And yes, I made a complete skxawng of myself with my first try at a Na'vi sentence. I use the things you mentioned but have big trouble how to go about forming words. Guess that sounds familair... :) I'm shy to write stuff in Na'vi because I do not know how to do it properly (yet!) so I hope you all have a little patience with me...

Blue Elf

Kaltxì ma tsmuk!
Nice to see people with deep interest for Na'vi language. I hope it will last long. what can I recommend you:
- learn some basic word. A lot of tools are available, you can try memrise web site with Na'vi vocabulary, vrrtepcli tool with quiz game. Both are better than just reading dictionary
- learn some basics, try Na'vi in a nutshell. Also take a look at Naviteri website sometimes
- try to create simple sentences and for help in beginner's section. We help you.
QuoteDon't hesitate to write your first words in Na'vi in the nìNa'vi nì'aw board
Quote from: Tsamsiyu swok on January 08, 2013, 04:13:49 AM
Just wrote my first sentense in Na'vi on the nìNa'vi nì'aw and by Eywa I hope I don't look like a total skxawng... :-[
not good idea. In nìNa'vi nì'aw we can correct you, but it is hard to explain mistakes in Na'vi. For this English is better and beginner's subforum is for beginners. Of course we invite every new person there, but it is place for more experienced speaker/writers.
But don't be afraid, Na'vi is not too hard and you can progress quickly.

And one simple lesson: your name would be correctly written as Tsamsiyu aswok. This -a- attaches to adjectives, when they describe nouns, to the side which points to noun. So also Swoka Tsamsiyu is possible and correct.

so - good luck!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Suratt

kaltxì ma Tsamsiyu swok!

A good way to learn vocab is a site called Memrise at www.memrise.com.  It's got a number of Na'vi courses under Languages -> Constructed Languages - Na'vi.  :)

Swoka Tsamsiyu

Irayo for all the good advice! It really helps. I've basically printed every resource including the Na'vi in a Nutshell thingie. I still get very confused with where to put what. And irayo on my name, will change it to the correct form^^ And yeah, I'm very serious about learning to pivlltxe nìNa'vi. It's very beautiful language.