Kaltxì Everyone!

Started by Palulukan Tsahìk, November 10, 2013, 06:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palulukan Tsahìk

Hello, I am new on here. I am Palulukan Tsahìk. It is nice to meet you, and it will be fun to join you in learning some of the Na'vi language!  ;D :D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Kaltxì, ma oeyä 'eylan! Zola'u nìprrteʼ!

Welcome to the LearnNavi forums. I hope you will enjoy your time here. There are many different resources here to help you learn. Feel free to look around and above all, do not be scared to ask questions. Learning a new language can be a little scary, and there are a lot of big words that tend to get used here, such as lenition, subjunctive, etc. If you are confused in any way, or don't understand something or one of these words, don't be afraid to ask. the more you ask, the more you learn.

The two most important learning resources are:

The Na'vi dictionary
http://forum.learnnavi.org/website-info/the-dictionary-part-ii/
Pick up the dictionaries that are most applicable to you, which I suspect are the Naʼvi-English and English-Naʼvi dictionaries.

Naʼvi in a nutshell
http://www.learnnavi.org/docs/Navi_in_a_Nutshell.pdf
You should print this out and study it carefully. It is a bit out of date, but virtually all of it is still useful.

There are places where you can do an IRC chat, or a Skype or Teamspeak session with another person. These are useful for working on your pronunciation. Although most of what happens on this site is written, Naʼvi is really a spoken language.

Most people here will bend over backwards to help you. There are also some general interest Avatar-related forums here for times when you need a break from language-learning.

BTW, I like the black leopard in your avatar ;)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte'! :D

It's great to see new people join here. :D I hope you will enjoying this great place!

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on November 11, 2013, 04:39:28 AM
The two most important learning resources are:
[...]
Just to note, that we have much more learning resources like memrise etc. which you can find here. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Kamean

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' tìpängkxotsengmì! :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.