Kaltxì frapo!

Started by Manu, January 08, 2012, 08:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manu

Oe mip fitseng.

I only know a handful of words from browsing the forums and various PDFs, including oe, ma, taron, seze, tsmuke, tsmukat, txon, 'eylan, and a few more. I also know how to make a noun an adjective (i.e. lefpom from fpom), how to show possession (-ä, -yä), and how to make something like hunt (taron) into hunter (taronyu).

If anyone can give me some tips or pointers on easy, fast ways to learning Na'vi, that would be wonderful and very appreciated! :D

Mako

Quote from: 'itetsyìp on January 08, 2012, 08:20:17 PM
Oe mip fitseng lu.

Zola'u nìprrte ma oeyä 'eylan. That is, welcome my friend :) I hate starting out with a correction, but the two fastest ways to learn to plltxe nìNa'vi are by association and correction, and even then I know I speak for the community when I say there is no fast way to learning Na'vi. Like any other language, it takes work and patience.

So buckle up for what is, despite its level of involvement, one of the most enjoyable rides that you will ever experience.

Welcome to the family, I hope you enjoy your stay ;)

Tirea Aean

I agree with what Reyona says.Imo the BEST way to learn Na'vi is Association, Correction, and IMMERSION. use it as often as is possible. the more you use the more you learn, and what you use you remember, what you dont use you forget.

The dictionary anđ NiaN are decent places to start.

I highly recommend /learning-resources board

as well as /project-ngaynume and /the-neytiri-project and also /beginners of course.

Mako

And did I not call that it would be Tirea who agreed? ;) llol

Tirea Aean

certainly is great to have more people coming in even this far after the film was in theaters.

Haha ma Reyona... yeah I knew you were hinting at me with mentioning "association and correction" :D

Mako

Haha, read the desc tag in my first post ;)

And I agree, there's been 5 or so people that have introduced themselves today. It is truly impressive how far the shockwave spreads.

Tirea Aean

I did read your desctag  ;D

and indeed how great this recent wave of registrations is  :D :D :D
i love it. its like finding out about and meeting more awesome family members you haven't met before  :D

Mako

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 08, 2012, 10:41:42 PM
I did read your desctag  ;D

and indeed how great this recent wave of registrations is  :D :D :D
i love it. its like finding out about and meeting more awesome family members you haven't met before  :D

An interesting comparison. But yes, I would tend to agree.

'Oma Tirea

'Awlo soaiä hapxìtu, frakrr soaiä hapxìtu :D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Kamean

Kaltxì ma 'itetsyìp ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Manu

Irayo frapo! (Did I get that right? I am still confused on some of this! Haha)
Corrections are very much appreciated. ;)

And yes, I've heard that there is no easy way to nume. I wish there was, though!
I'm very eager and determined to nume plltxe nìNa'vi (is that correct?). I'm going to make flash cards and start learning some basic words. I've begun learning about prefixes, infixes, and suffixes too. :)

I wish I knew how to say, "It's wonderful to be a part of the family!" :D

These emoticons are so cute! ;u; <3

Tirea Aean

irayo ma frapo. dont forget ma when addressing directly  :)

Kosman lu Fwa lu hapxìtu soaiä
Wonderful is this: be part of the family

Manu

Aah, okay!
Irayo ma tsmukan. Like that?

Tirea Aean

yep. just like that.  Kop, sunu oeru ngeyä tstxo (Also, I like your name). :D

bommel

Kaltxì and welcome to the forum :)

Ftiafpi

Kaltxì ma mipa tsmuk lì'fyayä leNa'vi! Zola'u nìprrte'!

You seem to be progressing in the language very well and hopefully you continue to enjoy this wonderful language and community. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you continue to learn.

Pìyevlltxe

Tirea Aean

@Ftiafpi:

lì'fyayä leNa'vi, and dont put an apostrophe after piyevlltxe. ;)

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 10, 2012, 01:57:00 PM
@Ftiafpi:

lì'fyayä leNa'vi, and dont put an apostrophe after piyevlltxe. ;)

AGH! What the heck was I doing?! Very, very fixed only.

Tirea Aean

hrh. no worries. I almost ALWAYS edit my posts after I post them. I've really gotta stop doing that. ;D

Manu

@Tirea Aean: :) Irayo (I've been using that word a lot, eh?)

And irayo ma frapo (?) for the warm welcome! :D