A return of interest with a side of apprehension

Started by Tsamsteu, August 15, 2012, 03:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsamsteu

Kaltxì, is, unfortunately, probably one of the only words I recall from my previous endeavour(s) of Na'vi (maybe an understatement, but who knows). If anyone remembers, my name on here was, and I guess still is, Tsamsteu. I would have considered myself as a fairly active member more than two-ish years ago, and as a result of school, expeditions, lack of internet, and other such things, my commitment and initial intrigue was lost. The main branch that caused the tree house to..crumble..occurred when I lost internet for a few months. Coming back, I saw myself having taken 5 steps forward initially, but then standing, no, wading in a lake of immeasurable depth sitting 2,179 steps back, which caused me to brush this adventure aside in order to focus on various other subjects.
      However, having visited the forums recently, the gears are beginning to turn yet again, and I believe that I would like to rekindle my study, yet at a much more casual and reasonable pace when looking at what else I am currently working on. My main concern deals with that, "where do I start again?" feeling, having lost so much initial knowledge, as well as how I will compensate for the progression that developed during my absence. Any words of advice or encouragement would be gladly appreciated, and I cannot explicate -- or even simply type on a forum -- how impressed I am to see the community still chugging along, improving, digressing slightly and comically on a tangential whim, though still hopefully providing that excitement and sense of accomplishment I felt those many, many months ago. Wish you all the best, and I hope to possibly join in soon.

-Tsamsteu
"You have a strong heart; no fear. But stupid, ignorant like a child." - Neytiri

Neytiri, oeyä tsmuke, oel ngati kameie....

Tirea Aean

Heyyy! Welcome back! Come on in, look around, join in the conversation, embrace correction, ask questions and have fun with it! :D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Welcome back! I think if you spend some time looking around, you will figure out where to restart. And only you can do this, as you will recognize what you remember and what you have forgotten. Although a lot of details have changed in two years (and the vocabulary has grown a lot), the basics are still pretty much the same.

One important resource to check out, though, is K. Pawl's blog at http://www.naviteri.org There is a lot of valuable information there.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tsmuktengan

Zola'u niprrte again ma Tsamsteu. Do not have any apprehension, I am sure you can get back on your bases more quickly than you think.

Since 2010, where there were a few hundreds words only and grammar rules that weren't always clear, there has been countless work and improvements, coming from both Karyu Pawl and the community, by the word submissions and the practice By the people here. The Na'vi language now almost counts a thousand root words

The Na'vi books are up-to-date and the vocabulary list as well.

You know the forums already, but here are two things you may appreciate :

Learn Na'vi dictionary for iOS and Android : http://na.learnnavi.org/?page_id=51

Memrise web application for learning Na'vi words in a fun way by practice : http://www.memrise.com/set/10010096/lenavi/

You can also connect with us to practice Na'vi or have some fun time with us on TeamSpeak. Just in case, here is a tutorial to connect with us : http://na.learnnavi.org/?page_id=144

I hope this can help you finding your way. By the way, there are chances for Ngaynume to start again during autumn for people to learn and practice up until July. I have got to do this...

Seze Mune

Ma 'eylan, there are many people here who will be glad to help you.  I am numeyu only, but whenever you have a question I might not be able to give you the right answer, but I might be able to point you in a fruitful direction.  WELCOME and enjoy!