Kaltxì from California, USA

Started by Kitvin, April 04, 2021, 12:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitvin

:D Kaltxì all! I go by Kitvin, or Kit. (I hope to have a Na'vi name soon...will probably have to use the naming thread I spotted earlier!) I use they/them or he/him pronouns, and am nonbinary. Currently 18 years old, 19 in June.
I've loved the movie Avatar since I first saw it, and only recently discovered that the language of the people was a learnable one, and that there is a community too! It's going to take me a while to learn more than basic greetings and vocabulary, as grammar has never been my strong point, even in my native language of English...  :-[

I'm currently in California, but I'll be heading to camp for two months in summer, so I won't be on too much during that time. I wanted to at least join and say hello before then, though!
Also, I'm going to Disneyworld in May! Super excited to visit the Pandora section of Animal Kingdom. I'll be sure to post about it afterwards, and share photos.   ;)

Whenever I make introductions, I like to include facts and such about myself. So here are those!

I'm very open to making new friends, so don't be afraid to message or email me if you'd like!

(Also, pfp is temporary until I make something a bit more fitting for the site. :) )
they/them - he/him

nìt'iluke ngeyn lu oe

Eichhörnchen

Hello Kitvin

Welcome to this fine Board. Once you get sucked in, there is no escape! *cheeky grin*
I guess starting fresh isn't too bad and you now have a lot of info to help you . And we're always around to help out with things that aren't clear or don't make sense. Have fun and enjoy your stay ... . :D

Best regards,

Eichhörnchen. <--- ( The oldest squirrel in this forum. ) ;D
kxetse sì mikyun kop plltxe

Toliman

Kaltxì ma Kitvin :) Zola'u nìprrte'!

Quote from: Kitvin on April 04, 2021, 12:44:08 AM
I have a pet snake named Sir Phillip Reginald the III, or just Phil
Which snake you have?

Mako

Quote from: Kitvin on April 04, 2021, 12:44:08 AM
:D Kaltxì all! I go by Kitvin, or Kit. (I hope to have a Na'vi name soon...will probably have to use the naming thread I spotted earlier!) I use they/them or he/him pronouns, and am nonbinary. Currently 18 years old, 19 in June.
I've loved the movie Avatar since I first saw it, and only recently discovered that the language of the people was a learnable one, and that there is a community too! It's going to take me a while to learn more than basic greetings and vocabulary, as grammar has never been my strong point, even in my native language of English...  :-[

I'm currently in California, but I'll be heading to camp for two months in summer, so I won't be on too much during that time. I wanted to at least join and say hello before then, though!
Also, I'm going to Disneyworld in May! Super excited to visit the Pandora section of Animal Kingdom. I'll be sure to post about it afterwards, and share photos.   ;)

Whenever I make introductions, I like to include facts and such about myself. So here are those!

I'm very open to making new friends, so don't be afraid to message or email me if you'd like!

(Also, pfp is temporary until I make something a bit more fitting for the site. :) )

Welcome Kit! Glad you're here.

If you don't mind me asking, what camp in California? I worked at 2 and visited 4 while I lived out there from 2017 to 2020!

When you get the chance, you should join us on Discord as well, as that's where most of the day to day chatting happens.

Siva ko!

Kitvin

Quote from: Eichhörnchen on April 04, 2021, 05:33:19 AM
Hello Kitvin

Welcome to this fine Board. Once you get sucked in, there is no escape! *cheeky grin*
I guess starting fresh isn't too bad and you now have a lot of info to help you . And we're always around to help out with things that aren't clear or don't make sense. Have fun and enjoy your stay ... . :D

Best regards,

Eichhörnchen. <--- ( The oldest squirrel in this forum. ) ;D
Thank you for the warm welcome! I'll be sure to ask around if I've got questions. :)

Quote from: Toliman on April 04, 2021, 07:07:54 AM
Which snake you have?
He's a Tessera Corn Snake. He's got what I call a "racing stripe", haha.

Quote from: Mako on April 04, 2021, 07:26:35 AM
Welcome Kit! Glad you're here.

If you don't mind me asking, what camp in California? I worked at 2 and visited 4 while I lived out there from 2017 to 2020!

When you get the chance, you should join us on Discord as well, as that's where most of the day to day chatting happens.

Siva ko!
The camp is actually in Colorado. My mom was a camper, then staff, and she's still very good friends with the director (which is how I found out about the job.) Staying at a camp in California would be lovely too, the nature spots are gorgeous here!
I'll for sure have to check out the Discord, I can't promise I'll be super active due to my current job though.  :(  (Also my track record with staying active in Discord servers is...not great...mostly because I get overwhelmed and turn off all but "@ me" notifications.  :-[ )
they/them - he/him

nìt'iluke ngeyn lu oe

Toliman

Quote from: Kitvin on April 04, 2021, 11:56:54 PM
Quote from: Toliman on April 04, 2021, 07:07:54 AM
Which snake you have?
He's a Tessera Corn Snake. He's got what I call a "racing stripe", haha.
That is nice!