Kaltxì ma ayeylan.

Started by Pìrìtani te Parìks Tina'ite, June 18, 2014, 05:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pìrìtani te Parìks Tina'ite

Oel ngati kameie. Oeru syaw fko Pìrìtani te Parìks Tina'ite.

I hope that my name is correct according to the rules of the Na'vi language - I'm clearly new to learning it. And although it's likely not recommended to attempt assigning names until you have a better grasp for the language, I just couldn't help it but to jump in and give it a shot. Everyone here seems to have such awesome names with meanings behind them and I wanted to be a part of that. Anyway, if it's incorrect, I would appreciate it if you could assist me in fixing it. My name is supposed to be the Na'vi form of Brittany Barrix, daughter of Tina. The double "r" was dropped as my surname isn't pronounced with a trilled "rr" and I didn't want there to be any confusion.

I can't wait to dive deeper into the language of AVATAR; it's been my favorite movie since it was released in 2009. I was thirteen years of age at the time and can still remember seeing it in the theatre in 3D. The movie did seem like Pocahontas in space at first, but there was something capturing me that was much more complex. Perhaps I was looking too deep.

I suppose one of my bigger questions would be: Are there any lessons that are in the form of a Prezi rather than having to study from this site? Don't get me wrong, this place is great, but I need something that's going to fit my learning style a little better than just text or podcasts.

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte', ma Pìrìtani!

It's great to see new Na'vi here! :D

As for your name, there is only a very little mistake:
Pìrìtani te Parìks Tina'ite
[ks] is in Na'vi an illegal consonant cluster (see chapter: Consonants)
Just remove s [Parìk] or add ì [Parìksì] there.

As for Prezi lessons, take a look at this thread:
Prezi lessons
:)

I hope, I could help. :)

And if you have questions, just feel free to ask. There are awesome members that would like to help. ;)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tirea Aean

Kaltxì!

Great to see new people still joining!

Curse you, tìtstew I was just coming here to say all that!

At least I can add that not only is ks an illegal cluster, words/syllables cannot end in clusters or s in general.

Zola'u nìprrte', ma Pìrìtani!

Also, those Prezi lessons may/may not be needing some corrections here and there if I remember right.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 18, 2014, 06:22:09 PM
:P :P

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Kiyevame Ikran

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ma Pìrìtani te Parìks Tina'ite
Hello and welcome here Pìrìtani te Parìks Tina'ite
Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random

Tanri

Kameie ngati nìteng, ma Pìrìtani. Zola'u nìprrte! :)
Lu txantsan fwa tìso'ha ngeyä ke 'almìp, tengkrr ayzìsìt salew ta 'awvea skxom a fko tsun tsive'a Uniltìrantokxit.

I see you too, Pìrìtani. Welcome!
It is great that your passion didn't disappear, while years pass by since the first opportunity of seeing Avatar.

QuoteAre there any lessons that are in the form of a Prezi rather than having to study from this site?
Furia Pìresì lu sìltsana fya'o a nume, mllte oe. Tsalsungay sweya fya'o lu fwa nume fa Pìresì hu sute alahe, natkenong fa Skxaypxe fu Ponguplltxe.
Rangal oe ngaru tsnì ye'rìn rivun ngal sutet a tsahu tsayun livawk tsayPìresìt, fa mokri.

I agree that Prezi is a good way to learn. However best way is to learn with Prezi with another people, for example using Skype or Teamspeak.
I wish you that you'll find soon people you can discuss those Prezis with, using voice.

Hayalovay! Until next time...
ta Tanri

Quote from: Tìtstewan on June 18, 2014, 06:48:29 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 18, 2014, 06:22:09 PM
:P :P
;D ;D
Tätxawyu akì'ong.