Kaltxì ma ayeylan.

Started by Pupa Uniltìranyu, January 10, 2012, 03:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pupa Uniltìranyu

Oeru syaw fko Pupa Uniltìranyu. I hope that I got my username correct, it'll be somewhat annoying to view it if it's not correct. I'm a perfectionist. Anything that doesn't appear to be perfect is somewhat annoying to me or makes me feel like a failure. This is something that I'm working on at school with my teachers, I can say that I've gotten much better with it than I used to be. I hope that learning this language will also help me with my perfectionism. I just hope that I don't seem rude to anyone because of it. You see, sometimes a perfectionist will apply their high standards on someone else without meaning to. That's something that I definately want to avoid.

I've been a Na'vi freak ever since I saw the movie in 3D at the movie theater. The graphics were so great that it made me feel as if I was actually on Pandora. In the movie theater, I usually sit in the front row right in the middle if the movie is in 3D. Sometimes it actually seems pretty trippy. I thought to myself that such a language must have a website where people could learn it and Google brought me here. I'm so excited to start learning the language. It's actually a bit embarrassing when people ask me what language I'm studying because it always attracts unwanted attention.  :-[

Kamean

Kaltxì ma tsmuke ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)

Beginners stuff are there and there - useful tips.
And be free ask all you need.

Eywa ngahu. :D

Tìsung Your name is correct.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Pupa Uniltìranyu

Irayo ma Kamean, this site is wonderful.  :D

Kamean

You also can check Paul Frommer's (Na'vi language creator's) blog. And don't forget about dictionary on main page in downloads section.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tirea Aean

sup.

yeah, you got your name right. Big welcome to LearnNavi.

Man I'm excited about ALL these new joins :D

Pupa Uniltìranyu

Oh, I noticed that there were many new people. I'm glad that I'm not the only newcomer.  ;D

bommel

Mako

Pupa Uniltìranyu

Kaltxì ma Tsateka Ray'i'itan. Ngaru lu fpom srak?

Mako

Quote from: Pupa Uniltìranyu on January 11, 2012, 03:23:02 PM
Kaltxì ma Tsateka Ray'i'itan. Ngaru lu fpom srak?

Srane, ngaru tut? Nga tsun syivaw oeru Reyona ma Pupa.

Pupa Uniltìranyu

QuoteSrane, ngaru tut? Nga tsun syivaw oeru Reyona ma Pupa.

Syivaw nì'ìnglìsì slu 'upe? I can't translate this word. Srane, I am well. I tried my best to translate your second sentence, but can't figure out what syivaw means.  ???

Tirea Aean

tsun sy<iv>aw = can call

the dictionary only contains root words. you will have to recognize affixes before, inside, and after words especially the verb infix iv. always be on the lookout for iv. the following words signal that there will be iv infix:

tsun zene zenke fmi sngä'i kan and any other word marked vm, vtrm, or vim in the dictionary as well as fte, fteke, sìlpey tsnì, sometimes rutxe.

hope this helps

Pupa Uniltìranyu

QuoteNga tsun syivaw oeru Reyona.

Ah, so the sentence above would translate to:

You can call me Reyona.

Oe si irayo ngaru ma Tirea Aean.

Tirea Aean

Mako

And so you can :) Tsateka is my family name and the rest means I am the son of Ray'i.

EDIT: This is not confirmed canon. It is based off of the construction they use in the movie, but Frommer has not yes/no'ed it.

Pupa Uniltìranyu

This language is still needs a bit time to completely develop, but I find that it's best to grow with the language. Everyone here is so friendly and willing to assist others. I'm glad that I decided to join.  :)