Introduction

Started by Tyler112, October 08, 2013, 02:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler112

Hello Everyone,

My Name is Tyler and I came to learn, not only more about the Na'vi Language, But about the Culture. I hope to live it.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Zola'u nìprrte', ma Tyler112!
Kaltxì!

Welcome, Tyler112 and I hope you find all you are looking for here. You can find links to jost about any learning resource you need at http://forum.learnnavi.org/beginners/fb-lm2/ A good place to begin is 'Na'vi in a Nutshell'. It is somewhat dated (major revision in progress) but will get you 90 percent of the way. There are some fun tools such as 'the Easiest Way to Learn Na'vi Ever'. If you have some linguistic background, the 'Na'vi Reference Grammar' is the most authoratative publication we currently have.

The Na'vi Dictionary is available in English, and many other languages, and is the authoratative dictionary of the language. A similar project, Dict-Na'vi is designed more for European users.

Most of language creator Paul Frommer's blogs are found on Naviteri.org, and are linked here. A compiliation of all of them in one document also exists. There are a lot of little details in his blog that can be found nowhere else. Along with this, you may wish to look at the Canon and Corpus of attested textx in Na'vi.

There is some cultural discussion here, but that is not the strong point of this particular Avatar fan site. Still, there is enough here to keep you occupied for some time. One area in particular you might be interested is the 'Real Life Na'vi Tribe' area in the forums.

In any case, there are quite a number of folks here to help you on your quest. The best advice is to jump in, try things, and don't be afraid to make a few mistakes. We all do, and this is part of learning!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte ma Tyler112!

And from be a warm welcome here to a fascinating place. :)

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 08, 2013, 04:42:13 PM
A similar project, Dict-Na'vi is designed more for European users.
??? Why do you think, Dict-Na'vi is desingned more for European user? This is for the whole world, ma 'eylan. ;)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I don't English is the 'base' of Dict-Na'vi like this site is. I beleiev its 'base' is German. It certainly is useable for English speakers, and I wander over there occasionally.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.