Kaltxì ma eylan amip

Started by Pätrìk, June 14, 2011, 08:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pätrìk

I'm new to posting here, though I've been lurking from the beginning...

It started for me in a theater when I said to myself, "wasn't that an ejective consonant?"  Which was probably the first time since I left college that I used my linguistics degree!

And so in the year and a half since I've been studying lì'fya leNa'vi, and occasionally using it to confuse my friends, colleagues and cat.  When I watch the movie now, I can often dispense with the captions, and I've been having fun reading peoples' blogs and comments.

Last October I drove to Tulsa to hear Karyu Pawl's talk at the Philbrook, and that morning I had the amazing luck to run into the man himself, literally as I was just wandering around the city!  We chatted for a few minutes in one and a half languages - would have been two if I'd been a better student   :)  Po tute le'eylan lu, ulte oeru 'ultxa txanwawe leiu.

Obligatory cat picture coming to the appropriate forum  ;)

Kìyevame ma eylan ulte Eywa ayngahu!

Tirea Aean

Zola'eiu nìprrte'? HRH tse txo tsun nga fì'ut tslivam, kaltxì. fwa pole'un ngal futa hapxìtu angay nì'i'a slivu oeru prrte' lu. :)

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

bommel

Kaltxì ma Pätrìk and welcome to the forum! :)

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Hello and welcome! :D

Wow, so you already know the language a lot, that's txantsan. :) Have fun continuing your learning here! :D

Alyara Arati

Tewti!  Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'!
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Kamean

Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Eana Tanhì

wow! you're already very good at Na'vi :D
Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu nìprrte' ma Pätrìk :)

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...