Kaltxì ma frapo!

Started by Futurulus, July 31, 2011, 03:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Futurulus

Kaltxì ma frapo!

I'm embarrassed that I've gone this long without introducing myself.  Fìlì'fya yawne lu oer.  At least I have taken Skxawng's suggestion to heart and LURKED.  (Yes, somehow I got second place in Karyu Pawl's Writing Contest...and I still have zero posts on this forum.  That last part needs to change.)

I'm from Nevada, currently attending college in California.  Languages, natural and constructed, have always been a favorite hobby of mine, although I'm a computer science major and a computer guy at heart, and I hope I will eventually post some of the little computer programs that I write to help me with the language.  (I was checking out vrrtepCLI earlier -- does Python rule, or what?)

Looking forward to finally being a productive member of the lì'fyaolo'.

Eywa ayngahu!

ta Futurulu

Tirea Aean

YES! Python = AWESOME. and very easy and convenient. It's my first language I've learned, and I just learned it last semester here at UMBC. I decided I'd practice my python skills learned in class to make something any Linux users here can use ;D

If you wanna join the Google Code dev team, feel free. just PM me your Google ID so I can add you.

I also hacked up a Perl script for irssi for my entertainment as well. (he is also able to use vrrtepcli) you can find him on the LearnNavi IRC ;)

Comp Sci WOU!! ;D

yeah, I'm about to do Java. Ought to be fun. Cant wait to see you around more. I liked your entry in the contest by the way.  I welcome you from EPIC lurkage to activity.

--TA

Kamean

Kaltxì ma tsmukan ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)

I advise you read this language studying tips.
If you want pick language easier, it's only one way - try to speak. And don't be afraid of errors and ask all that you don't understand. Everyone here will be glad to help you.

Eywa ngahu. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Hello ma Futurulus, and welcome on LN! :D

..well, if it's actually appropriate to say welcome to someone who knows the place and the language already. hehe ;) It's great that you've finally decided to create an account and become active. :) I'm looking forward to seeing you here! :D

P.S. What is Python? :-[

Kamean

QuoteP.S. What is Python?
I know only great snake. ;D

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kamean on July 31, 2011, 04:14:12 PM
QuoteP.S. What is Python?
I know only great snake. ;D

A programming langugae.

http://python.org

A really awesome one at that. it's at the heart of VrrtepCLI (see my Signature), a CrossPlatform CommandLine Na'vi Dictionary searcher, Rhyme dictionary, Quiz game, and Scramble game.

Kamean

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Oh wow, it looks really epic. :) Thanks, ma Tirea! :D

Dreamlight

http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

bommel

Äteya

Kaltxì.
Python sounds awesome. :)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Äteya on August 01, 2011, 06:55:58 PM
Kaltxì.
Python sounds awesome. :)

it is. its so short and sweet, easy to pick up, learn, and use. it's really fun ;D my favorite so far. (hmmmm hrh this description reminds me of Na'vi a little bit ;D)

Txura Rolyu

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Human No More

Kaltxi :P

Hmm, Python... I never managed to stop finding the syntax by indenting weird.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Futurulus

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 31, 2011, 04:10:04 PM
If you wanna join the Google Code dev team, feel free. just PM me your Google ID so I can add you.

You know, I might just do that.  Maybe I can contribute some of the features from my own dumb little CLI.

Quote from: Human No More on August 05, 2011, 02:41:40 PM

Kinda like ejectives...you get used to it, and realize it adds to the character of the language :D

Fayhaltxìri le'eylan ayngaru seiyi irayo.  I'm going to like it here.  :)

Syulang

Kaltxì ulte zola'u 'nìprrte, ma tsmukan
welcome to LN  :) hope you have a really good time here, meet new people and have fun expanding on your knowledge of Na'vi  ;D
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Futurulus on August 08, 2011, 01:14:51 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 31, 2011, 04:10:04 PM

You know, I might just do that.  Maybe I can contribute some of the features from my own dumb little CLI.

Quote from: Human No More on August 05, 2011, 02:41:40 PM

Kinda like ejectives...you get used to it, and realize it adds to the character of the language :D

Fayhaltxìri le'eylan ayngaru seiyi irayo.  I'm going to like it here.  :)

Awesome! :D It'd be great to have ya on our SVN. The next thing to work on is to brainstorm ways to get the program to translate words containing affixes/changes. Yeah, indentation is weird, but colons and indents are easier than a ton of (){}; all over the place :P