Greetings from another newbie

Started by Sbibeau, February 10, 2017, 09:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sbibeau

Hello everyone,
I hope you are all well. This is my second month hanging around this site and I finally got up the courage to introduce myself. Am a bit shy, but my friends say I am gregarious. My name is Shelley and I recently retired from working as a college administrator. My passion, however has always been linguistics and I am degree'd in that discipline. On my bucket list was to learn Na'vi, so I joined this community at the start of this year. What a well organized and well run community. I wanted to read and learn everything before I introduced myself. Ha! So much history here it would take month,s so here I am saying Hi! You will find me in Memrise learning the vocabulary (I know, but I love vocabulary) and this month am beginning on sentence structure, oh my. Congratulations on the server funding. I was just emptying my piggy bank for a second donation when I saw the good news regarding funding. You all deserve the highest praise for the quality here and of course Karyu Pawl as well for his unprecedented (I did not say un-presidented :0) dedication. I do hope I can be a worthy participant in this community. Thank you for having me.

Shelley Bibeau
English, ASL, some Russian, Classical Hebrew, Aramaic/Syriac, A little bit of Na'Vi
Oh, and I am "zam" but "fnu"..............

Tirea Aean

Kaltxì!

Welcome to the Learn Na'vi forums!

It's always great to see new faces introduce themselves after a period of lurking. :)

The Na'vi language is absolutely gorgeous. It's probably my favorite language ever. As I'm sure you've found in your reading, it's quite relatively simple compared to most natural languages grammatically. Much more consistency and much less trivial or arbitrary stuff to memorize.

Feel free to jump into our discussions, ask questions or continue your browsing. If there's any way I can assist, send me a private message anytime. :D

PS: Being nim(shy) is perfectly fine. You wouldn't be the only member of the more quiet variety. :)

Toliman

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ma Sbibeau :)

Nice to see new people here again :)

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Eana Unil

Zola'u nìprrte' ulte tìftiari lì'fyayä etrìpa syayvi :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ma Sbibeau. Sìlpey oe tsnì krr ngeyä mì fìtsenge a sunu oeru!

A new linguistics smuk in our community. How cool is that! I really hope you do enjoy your time here. I also hope you can join us for AvatarMeet events, where K. Pawl frequently participates.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Sbibeau

Thank you all for the warm welcome. What an awesome community.

Shelley