kaltxì, ma oeyä smukan sì smuke!

Started by Chok.itan, November 25, 2011, 11:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chok.itan

i'm chok'itan. i think, i don't need to say, that my heart is beatin' for avatar. ;)
but let me tell you...i'm a musician (alright, it's "only" my hobby) and yeah...one of my new passions is to make na'vi/avatar songs and there's already the first problem: how can i write lyrics for a song without to know, how to translate it into na'vi?
so i'm always trying to find translations for a new song.

here are my first 3 results.
http://www.myspace.com/575388265
hope, you like it a little bit.:)

i think, it's time to learn a bit more, but after a hard working day in the factory i'm family father at home...it's always a question of time :( , but i'll try... :)

kìyevame, ma oeyä smukan sì smuke. eywa ayngahu.

Yawne Zize’ite

Zolaʼu nìprrteʼ!
I'm sure the usual crew will be along soon with the usual links for learning Naʼvi.

My experience with song translation is that you can make a faithful translation, or you can make a singable translation, but the stars and planets have to align to make a faithful singable translation from English. It's much harder than making singable faithful translations into English because English takes fewer syllables to say things than most languages. Naʼvi needs more syllables than English, but fewer than Spanish or Italian. I don't know German, so I can't judge how long-winded it is compared to German.

Another quirk of Naʼvi to keep in mind is that, like English, Naʼvi has unpredictable stress that must be memorized for each word and isn't written. All dictionaries include stress in the word entry, written as a thin vertical apostrophe before the stressed syllable in the phonetic transcription. After a short-lived attempt to indicate stress with acute accents (táron "to hunt") the usual system is to indicate stress, in learning materials only, with an underline (taron "to hunt") and to use an acute accent for words distinguished only by stress (tute "person" vs. tute "woman", written as tute vs. tuté).

Ikxeru

Kaltxì ma Chok.itan, zola'u nìprrte' mì flltxetsenge.

As you are from Germany, I defintly advise you to check out the German section of the forum, too. There you will find various instructional material about the language. Plus, we are a quite active clan with lots of activities, either via Skype/Teamspeak or in RL.

Tse, etrìpa syayvi. Hayalovay ulte Eywa ngahu ma tsmukan amip.

- ta Ikxeru
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Kamean

Kaltxì ma tsmukan ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)

Useful documents and studying materials are here and useful tips in this place.
Try to speak, if you want pick language faster and easier. And don't be afraid of errors. Everyone will be glad to help you.

Eywa ngahu. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Chok.itan

Irayo nìtxan...for your warm welcome. the next days i'll be on a little excursion through this forum to explore and learn step by step something new about this fantastic language. :)
wish you all a wonderful weekend.
kìyevame, ma oeyä smukan sì smuke. eywa ayngahu.

AketuanNavi

Welcome to LearnNavi Chok.itan.  :)

Great remix. I don't think I've heard a "rock" version before and it wasn't bad.  :)

Have fun. A few cool (and admittedly non-language related) things to check out would be the spam board and the 2012 AvatarMeet.

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Chok.itan

kaltxì, ma tsmukan. nice to see you here too. :)

Tsmuktengan

Kaltxì ma Chok.itan! Zola'u nìprrte!  :)

You'll find out that there is a section in the forums dedicated to Na'vi music. Some members already contributed and created pieces of music with Na'vi. Feel free to give it a try. If you need some help with the language, there are many people here ready to help you, along with the available documentation.

Feel free to ask and participate where you want.  ;)

Chok.itan

irayo, ma tsmukan. i found this section.:)
dear greetings.

Tsmuktengan

You can also visit the ngaynume section if you want to learn the language.  :)