Kaltxì nìmun! (Hello again!)

Started by Nahura, March 11, 2018, 07:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahura

Kaltxì frapo! Oe omum sngä'iyu na'vi, slä txampxì oeyä aylì'u tare dict-na'vi, Oe nume, ngian.

I will continue learning and speaking this language, any help would be appreciated :)!

This was basically a test to see how far i've come in the month or so i've been learning, i think it's not bad. Irayo, ulte Eywa ngahu!

- P.S. Here is a random picture of my favorite pandoran animal, the ikran:  :ikran:
- Nahura :ikran:

Toliman

Kaltxì nìmun ma Teynew Tepsawl  :)

Welcome back here!

Alìm Tsamsiyu

Kaltxì ulte tolätxaw nìprrte' ma tsmukan oeyä!

The usual place where we gather to learn and discuss the Na'vi language these days is on Discord --> http://discord.me/learnnavi/
We'd love to have you join us there!

Apart from that, if I may offer some corrections to your sentence there:
QuoteKaltxì frapo! Oe omum sngä'iyu na'vi, slä txampxì oeyä aylì'u tare dict-na'vi, Oe nume, ngian.
Kaltxì ma1 frapo! Oel2 omum sngä'iyuä3 aylì'ut2 leNa'vi, slä txampxì aylì'u3 oeyä lu ftumfa4 dict-na'vi. Oe nerume5 ngian.

• The word "ma" is essentially like a verbal @-sign, you use it when you are addressing someone or a group of people directly
  • -l / -t endings: Because of the free word order of Na'vi, transitive verbs (such as omum) have to have their subject (-l / -ìl) and object (-t / -it / -ti) marked to avoid confusion
  • -ä / -yä endings: These mark possession.
  • lu ftumfa: the verb "tare" seems to strike me more as connecting to other people/things. In this case, I think you were just trying to say that you use dict-navi to look up most words still, so "are out of" or "are from" seems to make sense here
  • the <er> infix is the "imperfective aspect" - it essentially turns the verb into an -ing verb, as it is ongoing. You learn, but you're still learnING too :D
Oeyä ayswizawri tswayon alìm ulte takuk nìngay.
My arrows fly far and strike true.

Teyvit te Koletxi Rosarey'itan

You are usesing lenition when
you want to talk about two or
more of the same things

example: one tsmukan 2 or 3 or more than 4 (smukan)

(Kx > k) (K > H)

(Px > P)  (P >F)

(Tx > T) (TS > S)