New here! help me out?

Started by trey94, February 19, 2015, 03:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trey94

My name is Trey. Firstly, I'm curious as to how I say my name in Na'vi. Secondly, it's nice to meet everyone! :)

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :D

Your name in Na'vi? I see two possible ways:
1) Trrey
or
2) Tìrey (which would also mean "life", btw :))

Nice to meet you as well. :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

trey94

Tìtstewan

I haven't a microphone at my hand...

1) Trrey IPA: [tṛ.ˈɛj] (that ṛ / rr is like a strongly trilled "r", stress would be on ey part)
or
2) Tìrey IPA: [tɪ.ˈɾɛj] (the ɪ / ì is like "i" in "thin" or "bit", the stress is on the rey part)

Here you can find the sound of the Na'vi characters:
http://tirea.learnnavi.org/posts/2013-03-23-sounds.html

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

trey94

I'm clicking the play button on these but nothing happens!?

Also, how would one spell and pronounce the name Caine? (Pronounced like kane)

Tìtstewan

Quote from: trey94 on February 19, 2015, 05:05:06 PM
Hmm, the sounds works for me. The sound are recorded quietly. *look at Tirea Aean*

Also, how would one spell and pronounce the name Caine? (Pronounced like kane)
Just as kane, I think. (depends on your english dialect)

Tìlu

Kaltxì! Nice to meet you as well! :D
I see ma Tìtstewan has already started to help you with your question.

And I didn't know that pronunciations of each Na'vi character existed on their own there, that should be helpful. And yeah, you might want to try turning up your volume if they don't seem to work.

Tìtstewan

There is also a pronounciation guide, by Ftiafpi:
http://forum.learnnavi.org/audio/navi-pronunciation-guides/
Maybe that could help too.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: trey94 on February 19, 2015, 03:32:00 PM
My name is Trey.

Hi, Trey! :D

QuoteFirstly, I'm curious as to how I say my name in Na'vi.

I agree with this:
Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 19, 2015, 03:37:05 PM
I see two possible ways:
1) Trrey
or
2) Tìrey (which would also mean "life", btw :))

QuoteSecondly, it's nice to meet everyone! :)

Nice to meet you too! :D Great to see people still joining here.

Quote from: trey94 on February 19, 2015, 03:42:26 PM
How do I pronounce that?

It pretty much sounds like a Hispanic person saying Trey.

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 19, 2015, 03:54:17 PM
I haven't a microphone at my hand...

1) Trrey IPA: [tṛˈɛj] (that ṛ / rr is like a strongly trilled "r", stress would be on ey part)
or
2) Tìrey IPA: [tɪ.ˈɾɛj] (the ɪ / ì is like "i" in "thin" or "bit", the stress is on the rey part)

Here you can find the sound of the Na'vi characters:
http://tirea.learnnavi.org/posts/2013-03-23-sounds.html

^ That being technical and correct. Thanks for mentioning my page ma Tìtstewan :)

It should just sound like a person speaking. Make sure your sound is turned up. Works on all of my devices - laptop, smartphone, tablet, desktop in the Chrome browser and Firefox. It's HTML 5 audio so you must have any latest version browser installed.

QuoteAlso, how would one spell and pronounce the name Caine? (Pronounced like kane)

Keyn. It sounds the same except in Na'vi the k sounds softer, more like how Mexicans say it.

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 19, 2015, 05:10:42 PM
Hmm, the sounds works for me. The sound are recorded quietly. *look at Tirea Aean*

Works for me too. Sorry for quiet, I did not have the best audio recording equipment at the time... But it should be loud and clear enough. Especially if you use headphones.

Just as kane, I think. (depends on your english dialect)

"Kane" in any US dialect that I can think of would say this more or less how a Na'vi would say "Keyn".

Quote from: Tìlu on February 19, 2015, 05:13:46 PM
And I didn't know that pronunciations of each Na'vi character existed on their own there, that should be helpful.

You can get there by clicking the link in my signature and scrolling through the Lessons page. :) I was hoping for exactly this: For it to be useful. :D

QuoteAnd yeah, you might want to try turning up your volume if they don't seem to work.

So it works for you too then?

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 19, 2015, 05:16:28 PM

Not too bad. I highly recommend mine though, if can get the sound to work. Maybe I should upload my recordings to the Forum Gallery so more people will see them.

Tìlu

Srane ma Tirea. It works for me. Just a bit quiet, but that's not too much of a problem. :)

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 19, 2015, 06:52:49 PM
^ That being technical and correct. Thanks for mentioning my page ma Tìtstewan :)
I hope you got my little PM. :)

Works for me too. Sorry for quiet, I did not have the best audio recording equipment at the time... But it should be loud and clear enough. Especially if you use headphones.
If you wish, ma Tirea, I could use some magic and hocuspocus to make your records louder. :)

Not too bad. I highly recommend mine though, if can get the sound to work. Maybe I should upload my recordings to the Forum Gallery so more people will see them.
Oy, oy! Sounds like a plan to create/Need a new and newer pronounciation guide. ;D :P

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 19, 2015, 11:35:27 PM
I hope you got my little PM. :)

Yeah. Still working on it. Should be done today.

Quote from: Tìlu on February 19, 2015, 08:11:25 PM
Srane ma Tirea. It works for me. Just a bit quiet, but that's not too much of a problem. :)
QuoteIf you wish, ma Tirea, I could use some magic and hocuspocus to make your records louder. :)

That would be nice :) As long as there's no clipping and the sounds are still as clear as possible.

Oy, oy! Sounds like a plan to create/Need a new and newer pronounciation guide. ;D :P
possibly. :D

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 19, 2015, 05:16:28 PM

Ftiafpi... Oh, that's me!  ::) Yeah, Tirea's pronunciation guide is very nice. I also agree with Keyn as a good spelling for Kane.

Tìrey would be a great name. :)