Kaltxì from Sweriye

Started by Atokirina Sweriye, April 17, 2014, 05:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atokirina Sweriye

Hi, I don't even know if I made my user name right, so I'm very new here. I love the movie, and I love when there is some work done to a language both in books and movies (big fan ot Tolkien's languages too). I just had my first litter of siamese/oriental kittens and thought I should name them from Avatar, so that's how I started to find out there actually is a language created, not just some words. I hope to learn more.

Maybe you can helt me out, if I've made the kitten's names right? I've been thinking of naming them:
Tsaheylu (quite obvious, the firstborn is the bond)
Ean Ateyo (a blue boy, I hope I got the name of Tsu'tey's father right, Ateyo?)
Eyktan (a born leader, a wild litte one)
Na'vi 'itetsyìp (the only girl, she's small and all black, very cute)
Taronyu (hunter, he's black and white so it looks a bit like he's painted for a hunt)

Did I write it right? I don't know if 'itetsyìp should come before or after Na'vi for the girl's name? Or if the adj. "blue" should be before or after Ateyo? (Or should he be spelled Ateyu - or in some other way? Jake says Tsu'tey son of Ateyo right after landing with Las Shadow in the movie.)

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte'! :D

Great!! It makes me happy to see new persons here. :D

Quote from: Atokirina Sweriye on April 17, 2014, 05:09:47 AM
Maybe you can helt me out, if I've made the kitten's names right? I've been thinking of naming them:
Tsaheylu (quite obvious, the firstborn is the bond)
Eana Ateyo / Ateyo Aean (a blue boy, I hope I got the name of Tsu'tey's father right, Ateyo?)
Eyktan (a born leader, a wild litte one)
Na'vi 'itetsyìp / 'Itetsyìp Na'viyä or Na'vi'itetsyìp Do you mean "the only girl" [Tutetsyìp le'aw]? (the only girl, she's small and all black, very cute)
Taronyu (hunter, he's black and white so it looks a bit like he's painted for a hunt)
Quote from: Atokirina Sweriye on April 17, 2014, 05:09:47 AM
Did I write it right? I don't know if 'itetsyìp should come before or after Na'vi for the girl's name? Or if the adj. "blue" should be before or after Ateyo? (Or should he be spelled Ateyu - or in some other way? Jake says Tsu'tey son of Ateyo right after landing with Las Shadow in the movie.)
I see, everything is correct! For others see my small notes above. For the "mini Na'vi daugther": 'Itetsyìp Na'vi = Na'vi 'Itetsyìp (genitive version "daughter of the Na'vi") or Na'vi'itetsyìp Do you mean "the only girl" [Tutetsyìp le'aw] literally?
As for the adjective, they can be before or after a noun, but note that one should add the "a"-particle (optional at le- side of a adj.) at that adjective which 'shows' at the noun side: Eana Ateyo = Ateyo Aean. I think it was Ateyo.

Btw, there is also a Swedish section. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Rotobull cz

Hello, Atokirina Sweriye. :)

Welcome... :D

I love Tolikens's world too... I didn't think about languages in his books, but I just love it !! :)
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Atokirina Sweriye

Thank you Tìtstewan and Rotobull

I mean she's the only girl in the litter the four other kittens are male.

I also wanted to say with her name that she's a female Na'vi, but in a cute way. The name must of course work also when she grows up to a fullgrown cat. (Even if few will notice, lol). So maybe I should just call her Na'vi, since the right grammar form will be too long. I want them to have names that is poosible to actually use daily, even if they're also on their pedigree (they're siamese/orientals).

What about my own name here? Did I make it like "Swedish seed of the Tree"? I guess there is some binding grammar lacking there too.

I've looked at the Swedish section, but it did not look very active. The dictionary does not work (someone was looking at it though, sorry, I'm to new to remember the name). But I'll go along in the English forum too.

About Tolkien: he actually made the languages first, then invented a people (or several, rather, since he made more than one language, but he constructed elvish first, Quenya from the sound of Finnish and Sindarin from the sound of Welsh), and then he made a world for them to live in, and so Middle earth was created. I don't speak any of them fluently, but I know enough to hear that they speak elvish with a slight american accent in the movies and I know the writing system even if I have to look up some characters because I don't use it often enough.

Tìtstewan

You're welcome!

Quote from: Atokirina Sweriye on April 17, 2014, 02:12:18 PM
Ah, I got it now! ;D

What about Na'vitsyìp? :-\

What about my own name here? Did I make it like "Swedish seed of the Tree"? I guess there is some binding grammar lacking there too.
Atokirina' leSweriye but I think, your actual name is ok, if you want it short.

I've looked at the Swedish section, but it did not look very active. The dictionary does not work (someone was looking at it though, sorry, I'm to new to remember the name). But I'll go along in the English forum too.
As far as I remember me, the member Le'eylan take care the swedish dictionaries.
Well, the english sections are also nice. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Kaltxì, ma Atokirina Sweriye Although Tìtstewan is right about the correct form of your name, as he mentioned, it is OK to take a little grammatical liberty with names. And IMHO, yours is one of the more original ones to come along in a while!

Very cool on giving your new kittens Na'vi names. If I had or obtained a kitten or kittens, they would get Na'vi or Dothraki (Game of Thrones) names. I also work with big cats, and we have a liger named 'Kalika'. However, she is super-playful, loves everyone, and is always looking for a way to engage you in some scheme of hers. So, I gave her the name Kezongopyu which means more or less, 'troublemaker'! As much as I can, I talk to the cats, big and small, in Na'vi!

If I didn't have a full-time+ career and many other activities outside of work, I would take a crack at the Tolkien languages. I was much more interested in them in High School, when I was a much bigger Tolkien fan.

In any case, enjoy the community. We have a lot of fun here!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Tìtstewan on April 17, 2014, 02:25:05 PM
You're welcome!

Ah, I got it now! ;D

What about Na'vitsyìp? :-\

Atokirina' leSweriye but I think, your actual name is ok, if you want it short.

As far as I remember me, the member Le'eylan take care the swedish dictionaries.
Well, the english sections are also nice. :)

Hi and welcome! The authoritative dictionary is the English/Na'vi one, but several other languages are updated fairly frequently.

I just took a look and the pdf file for the Swedish translation does seem to be corrupted. I will have to see about getting it updated if possible. Or, if anyone has an old copy of that pdf they could send me, I could at least get something back online for it.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

Is there not somewhere a backup from last year with non-corrupted swedish files? :-\  ///Post merged -TIT

Forgive me this double post, but I found a "dictionary" Na'vi-Swedish:
In this post.
Our Dictionary for eBook readers (and a little bit more)
Quote from: eanayo on November 29, 2010, 02:35:22 PM
How do I get it?
You can download the eBook and HTML files from here:
English: mobipocket epub HTML
Estonian: mobipocket epub HTML
German: mobipocket epub HTML
Hungarian: mobipocket epub HTML
Portuguese: mobipocket epub HTML
Swedish: mobipocket epub HTML
Dutch: mobipocket epub HTML

The lastes update of the Swedish HTML file was on May 26, 2011

Tirea Aean

Kaltxì! :D Great to see you here. Love seeing new people, even this far after the fact. Very awesome only!

Please, make yourself at home, read around, and join the conversation. :)

Tip:

Atokirina' actually ends in the letter ' (tìftang). In Na'vi, the ' is a letter, a consonant like p or k. It's not punctuation like it is in English. ;) Lots of times do I see people forget to put it in words especially when it comes at the end.

As far as a name goes, it doesn't have to be grammatically correct, but if you want it to mean Atokirina' of Sweden, I'd agree with Tìtstewan

Tìtstewan

Yeah, apostroph in the name and PMs, ma Tirea, funny things could happen. ;)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on April 19, 2014, 12:22:49 AM
Yeah, apostroph in the name and PMs, ma Tirea, funny things could happen. ;)

I know all about it. ;D You have to search their name and find their original original username. I think original usernames cannot have ' or " in it or anything like that.

SMF needs to fix this. I keep having to do all that just to reply to someone who happens to have ' in their name.

Kiyevame Ikran

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte' ma Atokirina' Sweriye
Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random

Atokirina Sweriye

Thanks all for the welcome. I see that so many of you have learned so much already, but I'll do my best to get things. I read novels in English, so the Swedish dictionary is not nessecary, even if it would be nice. Someone on the Swedish pages said the file is broken, and that he or she was looking at it, but I did not find any more about the progress of it. Anyway, I can well start in English too. We always have subtitles on our movies, both in the cinemas and on TV, so I look at the movie in English anyway.

I wanted my name here to be like Swedish Atokirina (or A from Sweden). Since my real name starts on A, I thought it nice to find a name here on A too. I'm also very fond of forrests and trees, so it was not a hard choice. I'll take a look if I can change it to contain a ' . Being Swedish, we have the å, ä and ö-letters so I'm used to having to explain that o and ö is very different, and not only something some hard rock band made up to look cool :P so I'm used to having different letters than the ones used in most Western languages, no worries about that. (And it's very cool that the forum is really international btw!)

Thanks for all the help with the names of the kittens too, they are four and a half weeks now.