New person who's willing to learn.

Started by Tsway'eion, December 29, 2009, 01:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsway'eion

Kaltxì,
Yeah i fell in love with the language right as i was listening to it while watching the movie. The language sounds pretty, and I've always wanted to learn a new language or two, but I've never had the opportunity to other than the 2 that were taught back in high school. Spanish and French.

In that last semester of college, i realized that if i ever wanted to learn something i'd have to teach myself and have the motivation to sit through hours of class just so i can have the "paper" proof of doing so. (or colaborate with people who are also sitting in that class just so they can have the proof of doing so.)

Putting that aside, I'd like to learn Na'vi for fun, and converse with people in it, but i'd also like to learn Japanese because i think that it sounds pretty.(not that other languages aren't pretty, its just i like the way Japanese sounds.)

Since I've already decided what my schedule is going to be like for the next few months, Japanese is going to have to wait until the summer. But Na'vi is something i can start learning now as a hobby, and i hope by joining this forum, i can learn it a bit faster, and meet people who are actually willing to help me learn it.
~Irayo
Hysvear

Nume fpi sänume

Welcome to the forums :)  IF you want to jump right in, just head over to the beginners section and look over the useful documents there, download a few PDF's that we have available, and then lurk, lurk, lurk, and read, read, read. ask the occasional question you cant find the answer to, you then just study every so often with jMemorize (available for download on the forums as well and the entire Na'vi language pack), and soon enough you too will be calling everyone around you skxawng, and thanking the lady who's made your coffee for the past 2 years with Irayo only to get a puzzled look. Not that ive had that happen....

Tsway'eion

Thanks for the friendly response, I've jumped in about 3 days ago, downloading the PDF's although that jMemorize and language pack sound interesting, thanks for the info.

Nume fpi sänume

No problem. I know what its like to see all of this and feel overwhelmed, and I was here the day it started O.o

Tsway'eion

I'm jealous... but at least i don't have to go manually through the movie, and learn via subtitles, all the resources here will help a lot.

Nume fpi sänume

Eh, dont be too jealous, wee only been up a week. Pretty sure we got lucky and caught all the major enthusiasts for the language before they found somewhere else to put their skills. Which also have help us remain the dominant site for learning Na'vi :P

Ptxèrra

Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!