Oe lu zìma'uyu

Started by MichiganBlackhawk, November 23, 2016, 07:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichiganBlackhawk

Kaltxì, ma frapo!

I've been here for a while, lurking, reading, carefully easing into things. I cobbled together a spreadsheet of vocabulary, parts of speech, and I've been learning all I can. Someone here whose name I don't know (at least in this forum) started the blog https://navilesson.wordpress.com/ (which looks like it's been taken down) that got me started with some basics. For this I am forever grateful!

Even though I have a master's degree in English Literature, a lot of the dense linguistic terminology is akin to a foreign language, so along with Na'vi I've been learning more about language in general.

I'm very unsure of my proficiency and knowledge (right now if someone asked me "Lì'fyari nga peyì?" I would probably stutter out "Kxamyì?" with miserable hopefulness) but I've abandoned prior pedagogy and started by just making a stab at translations wherever I can, hoping I get close, and finding all the Na'vi sentences I can to translate, to enhance my understanding. So this is my official hello, and I hope to start participating more now that I have at least a little confidence.

Stranger Come Knocking

Kaltxì.  Peseng mì Mìsìkan?
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

MichiganBlackhawk

Quote from: Stranger Come Knocking on November 23, 2016, 07:27:42 PM
Kaltxì.  Peseng mì Mìsìkan?

Nìfkeytongay, oe kelku ke si mì Mìsìkan. Oe kelku si mì Ohayo.  (Michigan Blackhawk is my longtime pseudonym and not a geographical locator)

Toliman

kaltxì nìmun ma MichiganBlackhawk  :)

Tìlu

Kaltxì nìmun! :) If you need someone to practice with I can say the LN Discord server usually has at least someone in it. ;)