Oel ngati kameie. Hope that's right... ;)

Started by Lunarria, November 30, 2011, 03:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunarria

so hello! I still pretty much a n00b here, and still very lost on learning. But I'm not giving up! I love everything about the Na'vi. I only really have a small idea of the language from the bits and peices of the language that I heard in the movie. Told u i'm a n00b ;) But nonetheless I lok forward to being able to converse with everyone here. I have already looked at several of the resources, like the dictionary, and the workbooks I have seen. All I can say is thanks for building such a strong, and supportive community!
I am everything I will be and nothing that I seem to be, and judging from the look on your face, everything you both fear and desire with all of your being.
Here's the question:
Are you willing to take the risks necessary to achieve that which you desire?
-myself

Plz feel free to correct me if i misspell or mispronounce anything. I promise no hard feelings.

Kamean

Kaltxì ma Lunarria ulte zola'eiu nìprrte'! :)
Welcome on the most friendly forum in the world.
Have you saw these language studying tips? If you want pick language easier, it's only one way - try to speak. And don't be afraid of errors and ask all that you don't understand. Everyone here will be glad to help you.

Eywa ngahu. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Lunarria

thank you!  ;) I'm so excited to be here! I'm trying to get my copier up and running so I can share some stuff with everyone here. (Like my attempts at drawing some Na'Vi inspired landscapes and ideas) I'm currently looking for a book or something that I might be able to purchase or even pay to print offline, to further my studies. (I'm a kinetic learner, so it's a little harder for me to do by reading alone.) Do you know where I might find something like that? Sadly I really don't have anyone to converse with. I would love to chat with someone here in the community but I don't have skype or anything like that. I'm still browsing through the site and hope to answer some of these questions myself . I can be a bit of a curious little skxanwng. (hope that's right....been trying to figure out bits and peices for days.... ???)

Eywa ngahu
I am everything I will be and nothing that I seem to be, and judging from the look on your face, everything you both fear and desire with all of your being.
Here's the question:
-myself

Plz feel free to correct me if i misspell or mispronounce anything. I promise no hard feelings.

AketuanNavi

Welcome to LearnNavi.  :)

I like the idea of Na'vi inspired landscapes. :)  Also there is a huge community that hangs out on IRC if you want to chat with people.

irc.learnnavi.org  -  #na'vi
irc.geekshed.net  -  #treeofsouls

Have fun. A few cool (and admittedly non-language related) things to check out would be the spam board and the 2012 AvatarMeet.

Kamean

QuoteI'm currently looking for a book or something that I might be able to purchase or even pay to print offline, to further my studies. (I'm a kinetic learner, so it's a little harder for me to do by reading alone.) Do you know where I might find something like that?
In Downloads on main page. Na'vi in a Nutshell and Reference grammar of Na'vi. :)

Tsmuktengan

Welcome. ;)

You can also look at Ngaynume if you are interested in practicing the language.

Irtaviš Ačankif

By the way, Na'vi is one, 5-letter, word, so it is Na'vi nto Na'Vi...just sayin'  8)
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Kamean

Eana Tanhì

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Lunarria

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on December 03, 2011, 01:13:40 PM
By the way, Na'vi is one, 5-letter, word, so it is Na'vi nto Na'Vi...just sayin'  8)

Thx!!  ;D[/color]
Here's the question:
-myself

Tsmuktengan

Ma Lunarria, please just be sure you avoind using an SMS type of writing : write full words, and pay attention to the punctuation. Otherwise it may be very difficult to read you and get what you want to say.