Hello!

Started by sharellR, April 01, 2010, 09:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharellR

I'm new and I love the language! But it is so confusing when you're just starting out. Any help would be much appreciated! Where do I start? What do I do first? What shouldn't I do? ANYTHING!!!!!

NeotrekkerZ

Welcome!

For grammar, get Na'vi in a Nutshell
For vocab, get Taronyu's dictionary

both here

Also check out the useful documents for beginners thread and the tree of voices program.
Rìk oe lu hufwemì, nìn fya'ot a oe tswayon!

Neykun

Kaltxì!

Welcome, welcome ;D  I hope you enjoy yourself.  There is a full list of helpful documents for beginners here if you would like to take a look.  I also recommend the learn Na'vi activity book.  It will get you started with vocabulary in a (hopefully) not so monotonous way.  Whether you start with grammar or vocabulary first is up to you, I'm really not sure which would be "better" (I've just begun learning as well ::)).  Everyone learns a little differently.  Good luck, and I hope the language comes easily to you.

Eywa Ngahu!
~insert awesome signature here~

ExLibrisMortis

Kaltxì ma 'eylan! :)

Welcome and have a fun time learning the language. You will find many useful tools in the Beginners section of the forums and also some great projects within the Your Projects / Other Resources section too.

Also available is a Rosetta Stone look/work alike program called the Tree of Voices that can really assist in the learning process. You can find the website by clicking on the picture in my link.

I strongly recommend using the Activity Book  that is available on the front page of Learn Na'vi website.

Once more is a learning tool in which you can actually SPEAK to others that speak Na'vi. That's right, no longer trying to sound it out on your own, but actually speak it with others. Don't be afraid though, we are all learning. This tool is the Learn Na'vi Teamspeak Server. If you don't have Teamspeak, you can download it here: TEAMSPEAK!!!

Learn Na'vi Teamspeak Server Info:

Server IP:ts.learnnavi.org
Port Number:9987

Eywa Ngahu!!

Étienne

Kaltxì and welcome to the boards!

Eywa ngahu

ShadowMainZERO

Kaltxì, ma tsmuk!

I welcome you to the forum and hope that you have a wounderful time!

Eywa ngahu.

Zelenal

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.