Kaltxì~

Started by Prrwll Nari, March 30, 2010, 08:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prrwll Nari

I'm a little late to the party, but I finally saw Avatar the other day in theaters, and I couldn't believe how good it was. I went in thinking it was going to be sub par, maybe a little boring even, but instead found it exciting, full of culture, and unforgettable! I can't wait to delve into the language with everyone on the forum. Hopefully I'll know enough vocabulary and grammar soon where I can converse with people over AIM to practice.

And just for fun, I'll talk about the name I chose real quick. It's Prrwll Nari, meaning "Moss Eye" (hopefully anyways). For me, it holds the connotation of the greeting "I see you" but with an emphasis on seeing flora and fauna, but particularly the flora. I really enjoy plants, and find them therapeutic to be around and spend time with, so I thought Moss Eye would be a good way to get that across. Also, green is my favourite colour  :P

Txuraeyktan

Kaltxì, ma tsmuk! I welcome you to the forum and hope that you have a wounderful time! I am new here too and was thinking same thing when i went to see the movie. Na`vi is a fun launguage to learn so enjoy yourself after all thats why your here
Eywa ngahu, txureyktan
These guys are in the ER Click to save them!

Neykun

Kaltxi.

I'm pretty new around here too, but I don't think that should stop me from offering my greeting.  Na'vi is such a neat sounding language, isn't it?  I've slowly begun to learn it as well.  Sadly I'm not very adept at memorization.  I like plants too, my house is full of them.  Wouldn't it be cool if they could glow in the dark?  ;D

Anyway, make sure you make use of the Na'vi activity book and Na'vi in a Nutshell.  The Tree of Voices program is very helpful as well.  Good luck learning :D Kìyevame!
~insert awesome signature here~

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

Neykun gave you all the info you need. There is much to be learned and there are many here that are far far more advanced than I wish I could be, if there was a 'matrix upload' for this I would be all for it, but kehe, there is not. So I must learn like you. LOL

anyways, i am glad you finally saw the movie, personally I have seen it 31 times, 2 times in 3D, 29 conventional, no iMAX.... but also at least 100 times on comp. Enjoy, I am glad you like the culture cause i think that is one of the bigger things that got me.... a clan that serves itself, everyone for everyone. Not some dumbass walking down the street diddling on his/her iPod and listening to stupid music walking across the crosswalk cutting off cars... a life that actually means something.

Eywa ngahu.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Prrwll Nari

Quote from: Neykun on March 30, 2010, 08:50:27 PM
Anyway, make sure you make use of the Na'vi activity book and Na'vi in a Nutshell.  The Tree of Voices program is very helpful as well.  Good luck learning :D Kìyevame!

I've already begun using the workbook and and such, they've been quite helpful. It seems like the flashcard deck you can download isn't working that, which is a shame.

As for the Tree of Voices, will that program work on a Mac? It doesn't mention Mac compatibility on the site, but maybe I'm just missing it.

Swokéyan

Kaltxì ma tsmuke ;D
Hope you have a good time on this forum!
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Neykun

Yea, I also had trouble getting the digital flashcards to work.  For me it asks for some sort of a character set or something (I don't remember exactly what it said), then there's a drop down list with quite a few choices - so many that I didn't want to bother trying them until I found the right one.  About tree of voices, I don't know because I use Windows, but you might as well give it a shot.
~insert awesome signature here~

ExLibrisMortis

Kaltxì ma 'eylan! :)

Welcome and have a fun time learning the language. You will find many useful tools in the Beginners section of the forums and also some great projects within the Your Projects / Other Resources section too.

Also available is a Rosetta Stone look/work alike program called the Tree of Voices that can really assist in the learning process. You can find the website by clicking on the picture in my link.

I strongly recommend using the Activity Book  that is available on the front page of Learn Na'vi website.

Once more is a learning tool in which you can actually SPEAK to others that speak Na'vi. That's right, no longer trying to sound it out on your own, but actually speak it with others. Don't be afraid though, we are all learning. This tool is the Learn Na'vi Teamspeak Server. If you don't have Teamspeak, you can download it here: TEAMSPEAK!!!

Learn Na'vi Teamspeak Server Info:

Server IP:ts.learnnavi.org
Port Number:9987

Eywa Ngahu!!

Étienne

Kaltxì and welcome to the boards!

Eywa ngahu

Prrwll Nari

Quote from: Étienne on April 01, 2010, 03:02:37 AM
Kaltxì and welcome to the boards!

Eywa ngahu

Is that some Persona 4 I spy in your icon? Hmmm?   :)

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on April 01, 2010, 12:28:52 AM
Once more is a learning tool in which you can actually SPEAK to others that speak Na'vi. That's right, no longer trying to sound it out on your own, but actually speak it with others. Don't be afraid though, we are all learning. This tool is the Learn Na'vi Teamspeak Server. If you don't have Teamspeak, you can download it here: TEAMSPEAK!!!

Learn Na'vi Teamspeak Server Info:

Server IP:ts.learnnavi.org
Port Number:9987

I definitely look forward to using the Teamspeak program, it sounds fantastic! I'm doing alright with some sounds, but I really have a hard time imagining what the letters tx, kx, and px sound like. It'll be nice to hear them out loud.

ShadowMainZERO

Kaltxì, ma tsmuk!

I welcome you to the forum and hope that you have a wounderful time!

Eywa ngahu.

Zelenal

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Swokéyan

Quote from: Prrwll Nari on April 01, 2010, 09:21:03 AM
I definitely look forward to using the Teamspeak program, it sounds fantastic! I'm doing alright with some sounds, but I really have a hard time imagining what the letters tx, kx, and px sound like. It'll be nice to hear them out loud.

The letters with a x behind them have to be pronounced louder or something.. i dont know how to explain exactly :P
Check this out so you hear what they sound like :D
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Prrwll Nari

I actually managed to find the Na'vi audio files, and have been listening to a variety of those for a day or two. I can now pronounce all the X consonants like a pro! Ha ha  :D  Thanks for the link, too though.

Also, just as a random thing. I'd like to say that the week or so I've spent on this site has been wonderful so far. It's easy to navigate, it's members are very active and interesting, and there's just so much to do! I'm quite happy with this forum indeed *hugs to all*

Swokéyan

Quote from: Prrwll Nari on April 02, 2010, 02:34:44 PM
I actually managed to find the Na'vi audio files, and have been listening to a variety of those for a day or two. I can now pronounce all the X consonants like a pro! Ha ha  :D  Thanks for the link, too though.

Also, just as a random thing. I'd like to say that the week or so I've spent on this site has been wonderful so far. It's easy to navigate, it's members are very active and interesting, and there's just so much to do! I'm quite happy with this forum indeed *hugs to all*

Glad to hear that. Happy to have you too here ;D
Lurkin' the forums