Real life picture thread

Started by Eywayä mokri, December 25, 2009, 04:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nume fpi sänume

Quote from: Lythienne on January 03, 2010, 12:51:01 PM
...On another note, anyone besides me surprised at the male/female ratio?  It seems there are a lot more guys than girls, and i expected the exact opposite.

Nope, im not surprised at all. Figured it would be about 4:1, since it tends to be guys that are more openly geeky :P

Maweya tirea

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on January 03, 2010, 01:57:34 PM
...On another note, anyone besides me surprised at the male/female ratio?  It seems there are a lot more guys than girls, and i expected the exact opposite.

Nope, im not surprised at all. Figured it would be about 4:1, sing it tends to be guys that are more openly geeky :P

I like how you think, tsmukan. ;D
God síltsan lu!!!!!

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on January 03, 2010, 05:07:54 AM
Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 03, 2010, 03:42:39 AM
Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on January 02, 2010, 10:55:09 PM
International Finance Centre II = 6th tallest building in the world = "that's one big tree."

Well fine! Be cool!

Well I'm moving to England in March so there!

On another note;

Awww adorable emo child!

I'm not an emo! hahaha what gave you that idea??

And i'm not trying to be cool......ok maybe.... :P

But stiil, whereabouts in the UK are you moving to?

Oh! I was referring to tsmukan Terabellum when I mentioned adorable emo child!

Heh, I don't know where in the UK yet, I'm doing volunteer work so I won't get my assignment until February.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

On another note, anyone besides me surprised at the male/female ratio?  It seems there are a lot more guys than girls, and i expected the exact opposite.

As another girl, I was a bit surprised, but then I also realized the amount of geeky guy friends I have compared to geeky girls. That being said, I'm finding it a bit difficult to tell who's what gender since the Na'vi names are pretty genderless... I think we should make a girl's only board, band together and all that ;)
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Terabellum

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 03, 2010, 04:03:45 PM
/Wrists. ;-;
Haha, just kidding.

Irayo, ma tsmuke. Eywa ngahu. <3

Coyote

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 03, 2010, 04:48:10 PM

On another note, anyone besides me surprised at the male/female ratio?  It seems there are a lot more guys than girls, and i expected the exact opposite.

As another girl, I was a bit surprised, but then I also realized the amount of geeky guy friends I have compared to geeky girls. That being said, I'm finding it a bit difficult to tell who's what gender since the Na'vi names are pretty genderless... I think we should make a girl's only board, band together and all that ;)

You could probably ask for a No Boys Allowed subforum here. I'm sure you'd be accommodated!  ;)
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Brainiac

There have been some misconceptions, because of my feminine-sounding name :p
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Why?

I mean, really. Is there really a need for a 'girls only' subforum? I don't really see the need for one. We're all here to learn Na'vi...

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Eywayä Nantang

Hmm, should i post a picture or not, i dont have any good ones..although i do have some with the UT volleyball team
My personal mantra: "Do not growl at them, or hiss,or do anything that makes you seem a little crazy and/or an animal"

Maweya tirea

Quote from: Eywayä Nantang on January 03, 2010, 05:47:20 PM
Hmm, should i post a picture or not, i dont have any good ones..although i do have some with the UT volleyball team

I just visited UT over fall break!  :P
God síltsan lu!!!!!

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Quote from: Terabellum on January 03, 2010, 05:01:54 PM
Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 03, 2010, 04:03:45 PM
/Wrists. ;-;
Haha, just kidding.

Irayo, ma tsmuke. Eywa ngahu. <3

haha can't have that now! I wonder how you'd say that in Na'vi...cut is mun'i...hmmm

Eywa ngahu ma tsmukan.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

ANiceSunset

Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on January 03, 2010, 10:08:05 AM
Quote from: ANiceSunset on January 03, 2010, 09:33:26 AM
Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on January 02, 2010, 08:53:13 PM
Quote from: ANiceSunset on January 02, 2010, 08:44:45 PM

Note, i'm not really eating the ship...

Is that.... a Star Cruises Cruise liner I see?

Where was this taken?

Hawaii... I forgot which island though. We were right next to a walmart XD

Haha they are EVERYWHERE.

Hawaii looks really nice (a bit grey in your photo though :P)

Oe tse'a ngayä kin lì'u Na'vi.

lì'u was the best i could do in replacement for name.

Oel ngati kameie, ma ANiceSunset, kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu. :)

It was a Norwegian Crusie Liner. I forgot the name of the ship...i think it was the liberty or something like that. It was very patriotic.

I really need to find a name in Na'vi for myself...
Tsawke is Sun in Na'vi... THat sounds way to boring.

Oel ngati kameie, ma Atoki Atanyä, kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.
By the way, what does the ma before the name mean?
An amatuer practices until he gets it right, a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: ANiceSunset on January 03, 2010, 09:17:11 PM

It's a term you put before the name of a person you are addressing in Na'vi

ANiceSunset

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 03, 2010, 11:09:57 PM
Quote from: ANiceSunset on January 03, 2010, 09:17:11 PM

It's a term you put before the name of a person you are addressing in Na'vi

Ah! Okay i'll be sure to do that from now on.

Irayo!
An amatuer practices until he gets it right, a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.

Maweya tirea

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46264376@N08/4243840008/#

Sorry guys, my computer won't work with the image input on this site, but that is me.
God síltsan lu!!!!!

Lythienne

Quote from: Coyote on January 03, 2010, 05:02:52 PM

You could probably ask for a No Boys Allowed subforum here. I'm sure you'd be accommodated!  ;)

I know my geeky guys, but more of my girl friends loved it more, hence my confusion.

as for the girls only board, a fun thought, but idk if it's really functional XD
"You can drop the disaffected emo nerd into the jungles of Pandora, but sometimes he can't see the giant alien forest for the floating mountains." - Jim Wright

Brainiac

Quote from: Lythienne on January 04, 2010, 12:22:03 AM
Quote from: Coyote on January 03, 2010, 05:02:52 PM

On another note, anyone besides me surprised at the male/female ratio?  It seems there are a lot more guys than girls, and i expected the exact opposite.

I know my geeky guys, but more of my girl friends loved it more, hence my confusion.

as for the girls only board, a fun thought, but idk if it's really functional XD

Very nice. NOW PIKSHUR TAIM!
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Sylwanin ean Tanhì

;D
Me showing off my haircut and my son
well... since I've tried to stop my interest from waning and it has been impossible here cuz People are discriminate. I'm in no need of the forum to learn na'vi.

Sylwanin ean Tanhì

this is my husband [Member since 1/04/2010:Glanath]
well... since I've tried to stop my interest from waning and it has been impossible here cuz People are discriminate. I'm in no need of the forum to learn na'vi.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Aww, hello first child to have Na'vi as a first language!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng